Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo (35282 Views)

"I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi / Abdul Rasheed Akanbi And His Pregnant Wife (Photos) / Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by juman(m): 10:08am On Nov 09, 2015
Iwo omo olodo oba.

1 Like

Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by MsGlobalwonder(f): 10:08am On Nov 09, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
Useless spoilt brat kids living on their fathers name and showing off their so-called swag.

Achievements will speak better. Do something for Yoruba religion and culture. Do something for your ppl. Something REAL. Useless fools.
e mabinu sir angry .lool
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by Maximillian1: 10:10am On Nov 09, 2015
Rexnegro:
in the west thrones are not bought like in the east.... we respect out culture and all its procedures unlike u easterner that don't have respect for anytin including ur own eze(s)
*yawns*
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 09, 2015
chocolateme:
I bagged first class too.
In giving head abi
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by free2ryhme: 10:15am On Nov 09, 2015
chocolateme:
I bagged first class too.

So use am service juju
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by azeezcore: 10:19am On Nov 09, 2015
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by azeezcore: 10:20am On Nov 09, 2015
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by HrmOlolade(m): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2015
Proudly iwo indigenous. Ilu odidere, now my uncle should be install the oluode of iwo now

1 Like

Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by 1God: 10:37am On Nov 09, 2015
Thank God, @ last.
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by klax(m): 10:49am On Nov 09, 2015
So we will not hear word again bah
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by Iwonimi(m): 10:51am On Nov 09, 2015
Finally we had a new in Iwo town. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by tonjeola(m): 10:53am On Nov 09, 2015
Iwonimi:
Finally we had a new in Iwo town. grin grin grin grin grin
are u from iwo ni

1 Like

Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by bardintentionz: 10:58am On Nov 09, 2015
Will they even speak the language without adding too many English to it?

Hope being Canada and UK-based doesn't affect them too mush
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by Tczar(m): 12:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
Ok
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by miqos02(m): 12:24pm On Nov 09, 2015
cool
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by Guddman: 12:25pm On Nov 09, 2015
All hail the king of my town. Some comments here indicate misconceptions on the topic. This is a first class king of a town called IWO. He, coincidentally, is a friend of the new Ooni of IFE another town entirely. Both the in the state of Osun.
Kabiyesi ooooo.
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by Guddman: 12:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
All hail the king of my town. Some comments here indicate misconceptions on the topic. This is a first class king of a town called IWO. He, coincidentally, is a friend of the new Ooni of IFE another town entirely. Both in the state of Osun.
Kabiyesi ooooo.

2 Likes

Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by captainhayy(m): 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
THATS GOOD ...I HOPE AND PRAY HE RULES WITH WISDOM ...ND NOT WITH SWAZZ
cheesy

CONGRT TO HIM
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by emmasege: 1:27pm On Nov 09, 2015
The difference is clear between the two obas. One looks classy while the other looks classless like a Fuji tout. Besides, must the new Oluwo be described as a childhood friend of the new Ooni to gain attention? The pix also does not suggest that they are childhood friends as the OP is trying to make us believe. OP will have to produce a throwback picture of the duo to convince us they are childhood friends.
Congratulations to the new Oluwo of Iwo, all the same. May your reign be peaceful and bring progress to Iwo land.
@OP, can u please provide a profile of the new king.
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by Warona: 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
With all this young chap as kabiesi,Abeg to apply as Olori ,na me and them go rock dat palace
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by nusirat(m): 3:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
This new dawn in Iwo Land, Iwo Olodo Oba, Omo Oba Telumere, Ilu ti o ni ilekun, beni kosi, kokoro, eru nlala.
Niwole, de won. Kabi yes ooooooo
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by observer777(m): 4:07pm On Nov 09, 2015
DESTINY CAN NEVER BE CHANGED. Mo sèbà fú orí adé.

1 Like

Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by walata2011(m): 5:10pm On Nov 09, 2015
Congratulations to HRM Oba AbdlRasheed Adewale Akanbi the Oluwo of Iwo land.
May your tenure herald accelerated development and prosperity for all.
Ki Ade pe lori ooo.

1 Like

Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by chris4gold(m): 8:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
all dis niga just dey wear crown anyhow
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by elopee3000(m): 9:42pm On Nov 09, 2015
Rexnegro:
in the west thrones are not bought like in the east.... we respect out culture and all its procedures unlike u easterner that don't have respect for anytin including ur own eze(s)
. U don don't know new ooni of ife case is still in court?with the so oracles in Yoruba land why didn't they protect yoruba when usman dan fodio took kwara even oyibo came with canoe still thousands of ur so called juju can not inflict diseases on them undecidedu people should just grow those woods in sea
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by mikolo80: 12:49am On Nov 10, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
Useless spoilt brat kids living on their fathers name and showing off their so-called swag.

Achievements will speak better. Do something for Yoruba religion and culture. Do something for your ppl. Something REAL. Useless fools.
something real like?..
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by jkbee(m): 9:37am On Nov 10, 2015
Hmmmn .... No one knows tomorrow
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by Iwonimi(m): 1:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
Yes. Don't u see my user name Iwo nimi
tonjeola:
are u from iwo ni
Re: Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi Appointed As Oluwo Of Iwo by mkoabiola: 11:49pm On Nov 11, 2015
Proudly IWO
Btw,d origin of iwo will be imcomplete without ife
Bt ds oba is young ooooooo,even as professors and old men were d main contenders for d stool,I never heard this new oba's name from day 1.
Congratssss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi In Abuja For Youth Conference - Photos / Female Regents In Yoruba Land. / "The Cleanest Street In Ile-Ife To Receive N100K Every Month" Says Ooni. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.