Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,845 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:15 AM

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland (34273 Views)

How To Identify Scam Interview Invitations / Pls Is This A Scam Interview Or Real / C-step Scam Interview Invitation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 9:25am On Nov 09, 2015
As job invites and interview went all electronic; several pyramid scheme and unscrupulous companies have seized this opportunity to make life living hades for young graduates.
Here is a simple tip you can use to check the legitimacy of a company that has sent you invite without having to open a thread and ask other users.
1. Use the Nairaland search Box above - Type the name of the company in the search box, you may decide to add keywords such as "Scam" , "Experience" , "fake" .
2. Type the Number in the search if you're unsatisfied with the company name- Most fake job invites come with a supposed HR Number; since a possibility exist that other members have previously received this message and did confirmations.
.3. Use the physical address- Pyramid schememes are known to change name from time to time, but addresses never change. So you can do well to NL-search the address.
If all the above fails, then head over to the good 'OK Google. Use Google maps, navigator, and the search engines to see what you can find.
4- Facebook- using the number of the SMS, you can do a truecaller I'd search or a simple Facebook search to verify things further.
If all fails and you're still unsatisfied with your results , then you can decide to go to the stipulated address to see things for yourself; But remember the Cardinal Rule. NEVER PAY MONEY FOR A JOB.
caveat Emptor- Pyramid schemes (GNLD, MEDPRO etc) are not illegal, the only observe auster moral and ethical codes.
source-Me.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by 4reala(m): 9:56am On Nov 09, 2015
Tnx man 4 d enlightenment

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by temitopeadabisi: 3:46pm On Nov 09, 2015
This is to bring to the unemployed youth of nigeria.. read this
They are real corporate scam (telepoint communication limited located at ikeja lagos nigeria ).. promise u a job and will not give u any. an India man will leave his country to scam us Nigerians and he his helped by some Nigerians, why?? ... telling us that the certificate is from USA that he was born in the USA and has worked with apple, IBM , all lies., i just hope my post can be seen so as to stop they from getting money from unemployed youth this is not right . i trained with them with the hope that i will get a job, and its not just me all my set June / July we have not yet gotten any jobs and some people from the previous set as well.. will planing on reporting they to the authorities. if they want to be a training school fine not saying after your training a job is already waiting for you this is wrong very wrong .. i had to borrow the 53k to go from this training hoping i will get a job so i can pay back. this is wrong so so wrong. i want other unemployed youth to be aware of this,.. am not trying to spoil any one business .. but if u want to do business don't do it in the detriment of others. you reach there the first day they will tell you that u should dress corporate some companies are coming to check you out all lies ..nobody came . they will tell you that you shouldn't mind negative comment from nairaland that they are competitor trying to spoil business this are lies if only i read comment on nairaland i wouldn't have paid cry cry .. if you going for just training its ok go .. but if u unemployed and u think thats ur way out .. then you have a long way to go. good luck and God bless..this is to make all youths to know.

54 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by shepherd77: 11:00pm On Nov 09, 2015
Scam jobs are now everywhere. They take advantage of peoples desperation. Like one i.diot that sent me NBC interview mail sometimes back. Na curse i take destroy him life.

Thanks op for the info

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 7:50am On Nov 10, 2015
shepherd77:
Scam jobs are now everywhere. They take advantage of peoples desperation. Like one i.diot that sent me NBC interview mail sometimes back. Na curse i take destroy him life.

Thanks op for the info
Those guys are pretty useless

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by nellyalph: 12:17am On Nov 12, 2015
I was in ph and I got an interview invite at lagos in a 2 days time and prior to that a genuine job call has been coming in and I thought they were the same. I came on nairaland and someone talked about typing the address on Google, without hesitation I searched the address on Google. Even without completing the address, the full address popped up.And lo and behold, all the search links showed that the address is used by fake company to scam gullible youths.

Pls let's be wise.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by nsyspee: 1:35am On Nov 12, 2015
Excluding the e-mail avenues MATURED MEN LIKE OUR UNCLES and YOUNG DADS are mobile portraying as an angel for miracle jobs beware!!!!!! THE GOLDEN RULEEEE: DONT PAY FOR ANY THING- form etc
they have all the answers for any question u ask .... BE ALERT to idoit them

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by miqos02(m): 5:47am On Nov 12, 2015
lovely
Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by Jamaticulus(m): 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2015
The Scammer and the Scammed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by yomalex(m): 3:05am On Nov 13, 2015
very important tips shine your eyes

Join this BBM Channel for authentic jobs http://pin.bbm.com/C002F698C
Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by dearsly(m): 4:26pm On Nov 13, 2015
The one I got this morning

JOB/HR/8037
You have been shortlisted for employment assessment at MGR consults.161,ikorodu road opp Eko bank,Onipan,Lagos state.Sat 14/11/15 by 9am.08176325911.Be punctual!

PLEASE DON'T FALL FOR THIS!!!!!...

This Biafra and Yorubas will never scam us fellow Nigerians in Jesus name,Amen!!!!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by emmenem(m): 11:32am On Nov 14, 2015
Good day,
Please can this message be true:
You are invited for a chat/income earning opportunity at BRIMSTONE OFFICE,suite 36(3rd floor)70c Nicky Africana Plaza,opposite UBA,first bank bus stop,Allen Avenue Ikeja Lagos state...ref:0000/SAG/5676.
Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by djake: 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2015
emmenem:
Good day,
Please can this message be true:
You are invited for a chat/income earning opportunity at BRIMSTONE OFFICE,suite 36(3rd floor)70c Nicky Africana Plaza,opposite UBA,first bank bus stop,Allen Avenue Ikeja Lagos state...ref:0000/SAG/5676.
Thanks

My brother, you must have skipped reading the posts b4 you posted your question, if not you wouldn't have needed posting your question coz the answers are all above ur question

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by dorcas99: 11:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
Pls, can this post be truth? Is the organization exist? Hope is not Gnld Type?

Dear Applicant,

As a result of your application for the available job, we would like to invite you to attend an interview on 13 JUNE BY 9 A.M at our office Ambassador Care Resource Fadeyi, Lagos.

No 95, along ikorodu express road, Fadeyi bus-stop, fadeyi, Lagos.

Fadeyi is close to yaba / ojuelegba area of Lagos state, Nigeria.

You will write an aptitude test which will last for about 15minutes.

Then you will have an interview with the department manager. The interview will last about 45 minutes before the selection process begin which will last for about 1-3 hours. Please bring two passports, this invitation message for reference purpose and also the sms you will receive from job brief, as well as a copy of your driver's license or any valid id card to the interview.

Be punctual.

If the date or time of the interview is inconvenient, please contact us by writing back to this email address goldenflierjob@gmail.com in order to arrange another appointment.

We look forward to seeing you.

Best regards,

The Human Resources Desk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by Annagold(f): 9:26am On Jul 24, 2017
Its people like you that stop other people from receiving their blessings...I went for the Interview. did you go that you are commenting anyhow?![quote author=mzfunshy post=58650711]Please avoid any invite from schleez Nigeria limited

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by josephhun: 4:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
I know that on Jiji a lot of well paid vacancies. Really, try it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by Ormrakces: 6:32pm On Nov 16, 2017
SCAMMER ALERT!!.....There's a so called recruitment oufit which is fake called Lisse Africa located at lekki , 10A Ayinde Akinmade street,Lekki,Lagos to even get there is hard to find cos 10A is not displayed outside but 9c its when u get to 10B u will be told by a guard thats 10A.This guy aint straight forward and is deceiving.Its run by a boy called nelson.Actually when my friend got there she said the above address actually a residential house with this so called lisse Africa operating in a small room behind the house shocked shocked Good grief!this guy nelson is a fake recruiter he claims to hire collects different cvs of different young guys nd ladies what da heck just a room a recruitment agency?what is lagos turning into the guy virtually wasted my friends time and transport money going down there from isolo embarassed shocked something has to be done about this.If u get any invite from one lisse Africa dont even bother to attend.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by nelbee: 5:38pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hello Ormrakces,

I apologize on behalf of Lisse Africa for any inconveniences encountered by your friend during the recruitment process.
But I just want to correct a notion about Lisse Africa as a recruitment firm. Lisse Africa is a new company registered in Nigeria with registration number RC1458411.

Our primary focus is support staff recruitment and outsourcing. Staff like Drivers, Cleaners, Cooks, Office Assistants, Waiters e.t.c.

At times we do get openings for Customer Service Reps, Sales People and even Business Development Executives. And openings are published on popular job listing platforms like , myjobmag.com e.t.c

Everyone that has ever been invited are people who applied through these platforms and we are proud to say that in a short space of time we have employed quite a number of people.

Our website is www.lisseafrica.com and every of our job interview invites come from recruitment@lisseafrica.com.

We don't request money from any of our candidates to give them jobs. We follow standard HR procedures.

To clear your doubt, LISSE AFRICA is not a SCAM , we are REAL!!.

I would really to give you a call to clarify any doubts that you still have.

Our apologies to your friend.

Regards

Ormrakces:
SCAMMER ALERT!!.....There's a so called recruitment oufit which is fake called Lisse Africa located at lekki , 10A Ayinde Akinmade street,Lekki,Lagos to even get there is hard to find cos 10A is not displayed outside but 9c its when u get to 10B u will be told by a guard thats 10A.This guy aint straight forward and is deceiving.Its run by a boy called nelson.Actually when my friend got there she said the above address actually a residential house with this so called lisse Africa operating in a small room behind the house shocked shocked Good grief!this guy nelson is a fake recruiter he claims to hire collects different cvs of different young guys nd ladies what da heck just a room a recruitment agency?what is lagos turning into the guy virtually wasted my friends time and transport money going down there from isolo embarassed shocked something has to be done about this.If u get any invite from one lisse Africa dont even bother to attend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by maawaj: 7:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
cc- lalasticlala seun crazyman onihaxy

You are invited for an interview on:
Tue 3 July. 2 pm
4Power Building 6B Peter Odili Rd by Sasun Roundabout, Port Harcourt.
Come with original & copy of your credentials, Degree Cert, Passport photo, Means of identification & CV
Call Sam 08093301848
Thank you.

Please did anyone get this same message and is it real or GNLD guys?

Please help me out with this guys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by jisorlah(f): 3:51pm On Jan 24, 2019
Someone should pls help me out.... I got a mail from dis company now... Are dey real?
Newchip technologies

No 3 Awolowo way Ikeja Lagos opposite Ikeja local government.
venue: Newchip technologies office 3rd flood

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by LamiWilliams: 11:25am On Nov 10, 2019
Don’t fall victim to these totally avoidable job scams. Here are some ways to identify false job postings and avoid them:

1. Wonky Language

This is a definite no no. Companies take extra take extra time to proofread their job postings. If you find grammatical or spelling errors in a jobs ad, it is most likely fake. Always verify any posting or call for interview you come across.

2. No online visibility

In this digital age, companies know that they have to have an online presence. In fact, no online presence means you’re not serious about getting your product/service to your target audience. When you get an call for interview email or see a job posting online, Google the company. If you find nothing about the company, don’t waste your time with it anymore. Some scammers could go the extra mile and create an online presence. Look out for companies who have suspicious domain names, have no contact address/phone number, have no real information about they what they do. In any case, to be extra sure, copy the job ad or website here

3. Non Branded Email

Branding is key with companies these days. If you have taken note, you would see that comapnies usually have their employee’s assigned to their company’s name. So, if a company is names WriteAssit, an employee’s email would be esthersmith@writeassist.com. If a job posting says you should send an email to an @gmail.com or @yahoo.com email, think twice and verify before applying.

4. WhatsApp Interview Notification

We get that the professional world is working hard towards making the job application process more friendly, but this is ain’t it. No real call for interview would be sent to you via WhatsApp. Companies would rather email, call, or send you a text message with enough details about their company including a website. If you are scheduled for a remote interview via Skype or phone call, that’s acceptable. Anyway, confirming would keep you safe.

5. Miracle jobs

These scammers know that people are desperate for employment. Unfortunately, they play on that and release mouth-watering offers that seem too good to be true. Be careful of job postings with extremely high salaries for jobs that usually have lesser pays. They also siphon email and phone numbers from the Internet and randomly send interview emails or text messages. If you did not apply for a job, you most likely won’t be “miraculously” called for a job interview.

6. They want money.

Think about it; they need you to pay them to pay you? It’s a big no. Don’t apply. Companies usually won’t require you to pay for an interview.

An advice for you is that you should not sign up on every job platform you see. A lot of time, your details get siphoned that way and you become a prey to scam job posting and call for interview. Also, trust your instincts. If you feel something is not right, do your research. Itarj.com (Is this a real job?) is a great tool that allows your to verify if a job posting is real or not. Use it now and share with friends and family! You would literally be saving lives.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by haconjy(m): 6:46am On Dec 07, 2019
Nairaland, Nigeria search engine. Have being using this tricks before.

tiwa n tiwa

3 Likes

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 07, 2019
Don't go 4 interview in any organisation u did not apply 4 their job simple

9 Likes

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by Marvieduke(f): 6:49am On Dec 07, 2019
So nairaland don become interview detector

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guinness Nigeria Plc Latest Graduate Job Recruitment 2016 / What Is A Cover Letter? How To Write One. Sample Template. / Pastors & Evangelists Wanted: The Punch Advert I Saw Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.