Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Ordeals Of A Virgin. A Movie Or Novel - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ordeals Of A Virgin. A Movie Or Novel (1952 Views)

Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ordeals Of A Virgin. A Movie Or Novel by yicob(m): 4:39pm On Oct 14, 2006
WITH THE GURUS AND GENIUS WE HAVE ON THIS SITE, I BELIEVE WE CAN SEE BETTER VIEW OF THINGS. THAT WHY I POST THIS FOR FREE TO KNOW YOUR VIEWS. I WILL LIKE TO KNOW IF IT WILL BE GOOD FOR A MOVIE IN THE INDUSTRY OR BETTER WAY A NOVEL. LOVE TO SEE

ACT 1 SCENE 1

(Funke Lawrence a secondary school graduate has just gained admission into a reputable university in the country and she is ready to leave home for school)

FUNKE: Dad am ready to go. I have packed my bags into the car and I promise once again to be a good girl when I get there and I will
remember my house as the best place I can be.

DAD: I know you are always a good girl just make sure you face your studies.
MUM: …….and about the accommodation, call us to know where you will be staying so that when we come for a visit we will be able to get you.

FUNKE: O.k Mum and Dad as I promised, I will not let the family down.

DAD: (short prayer)

ACT 1 SCENE 2

(For her first time in school, she was stranded without knowing where to stay or go to . Funke sat on her bag trying to design what to do and the steps to take in securing an accommodation. She believes she’s now big enough to decide without mum and dad. Suddenly, a group of school fellowship students publicizing came to welcome her to school and to invite her to join their group).

GROUP LEADER: Hello sister? We are from the Campus Students Fellowship (CSF) and our mission on campus is to orientate freshers in knowing the main reason why they are in school, help one another and also stay connected with God.

FUNKE: I really appreciate your motive and I don’t know if you will care to know that you are the first people I will talk to since I entered this campus some hours ago. As for now I don’t have a place to stay for the night and that’s the thought in my mind for now. Well, I wouldn’t know if you could help.

GROUP LEADER: Sure, that’s welcome . …emh….emh… Sis. Tonia I think this is your office. Can she find a place to stay for the main time?
Sis. Tonia: Yes, there is still a vacancy in the mission room

GROUP LEADER: Good. Hey Sorry I didn’t ask for your name.

FUNKE: I am Funke Lawrence and am in to study Law.

GROUP LEADER: That’s good. So Sis. Tonia please take her to the mission house while we continue on our journey.

ACT 1 SCENE 3

( Funke was taking to the mission house where she secured a space with one of the sisters. The second day in the mission house was too boring for Funke. She was sitting outside, deep in thought when a male student strolled down to her)

MALE STUDENT: HI, I am Musa Momudu a level 300 student of accountancy. Also a member of the CSF in fact we were together yesterday and I really appreciate your courage for understanding us better as a friend.

FUNKE: I think am the one to thank you people.

MUSA: No problem, we are one.

FUNKE: Are you one of CSF executives?

MUSA: Actually the fellowship is not vibrant for people like us. So we prefer going into the Student Union Government for better post so that people like you will not suffer.

FUNKE: How do you mean?

MUSA: As in to get a good place for people like you so that you wont be in crowded place like the so called mission house.

FUNKE: Well, I think is all about being contented.
MUSA: No……NO…, GOD FORBID! Is not for someone like you. Is as if you don’t know how important you are on this campus. You should be in a place where damsels like you are cared for in all ways with passions and emotions. You know…… I Mean…….

FUNKE: (smiles) are you sure?

MUSA: Very sure. Just come to my room and see the better side of life. A place where you can play games, take a shower in the tub and even browse on my laptop. Isn’t it fascinating?

FUNKE: Are you serious? All that on this campus?

MUSA: Look at you. There are so many trips and thrills on campus and if you don’t mind you can take your luggage and lets go to my room. It is wide enough for both of us. My 8 by 8 bed is there for you to roll on from left to right and feel the unforgettable breeze of the night.

FUNKE: uh uh uh . that nice but I think am very much comfortable in the mission house and once again to you for the hospitality.

MUSA: If that’s the way you want it, we see some other time.

ACT 1 SCENE 4

( In Funke’s house, her mum was trying to call her but her phone was not responding. Not quite long, her younger brother Maxwell rushed in with a call)

MAXWELL: Mum, is Aunty Funke calling( he gave the phone to the mum)

MUM: Funke how re you? We ve being expecting your call since yesterday. Your Dad have being worried that what might have happened.

FUNKE: It is not easy here Mum. There a difference between a boarding school and Citadel Campus. Here, no body is interested in knowing whether you have eating or not. It was even God that directed a fellowship group to me yesterday and they helped me in securing a space for the main time.

MUM: ah….ah… Funke what are you saying. You mean people you don’t know?

FUNKE: Am in save hands and they are even nice to live with.

MUM: o.k just make sure you remember the daughter of whom you are. Everybody greets you and I will tell your dad that you called. Love you.

FUNKE: I love you too.

MUM: bye and take care.

ACT II SCENE 1

( Funke attended one of the weekly programs of the fellowship and an announcement was made about a vacant space for her. A sister called Seun signified interest in squatting her. So they became room mates)

They both were in the room discussing about school life.

Sis SEUN: Funke this is not just a place where you think you are at liberty to do whatever you like. You should be very careful because not everybody you see on this campus comes to earn a certificate. I have seen and witnessed a lot of gory scenes and you can never know who is who. Since you are a fresher, you people are the hot cake guys are looking for and all they want is your unclothedness, drain and destroy you.

FUNKE: But why?
Sis. SEUN: because they are the devils instrument and that’s the medium he uses in destroying lives on campus. Both males and females. Let me tell you an incident that happened last two years on campus about some guys and a so called fresh girl all because she was financially buoyant.

(FLASHBACK::::::“ it was a sunny afternoon after the matriculation of new students. A girl called Cynthia was among the freshers who dress seductively and she was walking along with a guy called Oscar all in the name of securing an accommodation for her. Oscar excused to get her some appetizers while she was standing on the tarmac. A guy strolled to her and asked if he could offer her a place for the night, a very condusive environment with 8 by 8 bed to occupy both of them. The girl was confused about whom to believe and follow. It was then Oscar returned with a drink and snacks then……………

OSCAR: hello and who is this?

CYNTHIA: I don’t know but he said he could be of help.

OSCAR: Let him go home and help his father and mother. Idiot!

THE GUY: And who you be self. You dey mental?

OSCAR: So you have never heard of the Big Don. Then I will have to show you.

THE GUY: Ehen…… O.K. Na you be the B.D wey drop my guy. Your own don finish today.

( a fight engulfed between the guys and this led to other people’s involvement. Many where injured, maimed and some were expelled including Oscar.”)

FUNKE: The guy sounds like Musa Momudu who came to scintillate me about campus life.

Sis. SEUN: He is really.

FUNKE: But why is he in the fellowship.

Sis SEUN: He renounced and he promised to turn a new leave.

FUNKE: I don’t think he has because he still engages in the trade of tampering and toying with the emotion of girls.

Sis SEUN: Just be careful because he is a lion on the prowl looking for whom to devour. Even the girl that caused the fight suffered an ankle fracture and she would have been maimed if not for timely intervention of the police. She finally left the school without graduating, wasting her time, money, energy and only God knows.

FUNKE: Am scared!

Sis SEUN: No don’t be, all you need is the courage to move on and be focus

ACT II SCENE 2

(The next day, Funke left for lectures in her department. They held a meeting where a class representative was choosen, Funke was sitting and talking at the front roll with her 2 new friends Nneka and Amina when a guy came to interrupt.)

THE GUY: Hello girls and how was the lecture?

THE GIRLS: We are fine and you?

THE GUY: well, I am Thompson Jacobson from River State and I will like to meet you girls one on one.

NNEKA: (pointing to other girls) that’s Funke Lawrence, the other is Amina Yahayadu and I am Nneka Justus.

THOMPSON: Wow! You girls have beautiful names enveloped in a well structured body.

THE GIRLS: Thanks for the compliment.

AMINA: …em, and what can we do for you.

THOMPSON: nothing much, I just have a little thing to discuss with Miss. Lawrence.

( Aminat and Nneka excused them)

FUNKE: So what do you want to tell me Mr. Stranger.

THOMPSON: I believe am no more a stranger. Since our introduction in class, I have been having a nostalgic feeling for you and I believe it is not good to be alone. And if you won’t mind if we can be partners so that we can share ideals, views and even rub minds together for better tomorrow.

FUNKE: I am Happy you are also a fresher so the school is meant to be alone and face ones study and not to be going after girls who we not make you lonely.

THOMPSON: What am trying to say is that angels cannot fly without 2 wings. Since am kind of a single feathered, I will like you to be the other feather so that we can combine them to make an angel so we can fly and soar above hills.

FUNKE: Mr. Lonely, I really love your romantic expressions and am sure you are a Shakespearean reader. But am still rooted to my words. No interest in any partnership I prefer to remain a sole girl. So, sorry for the inconveniences.

THOMPSON: Ok. But you sound too nice not to share ideas.

SYNOPSIS OF THE NEXT ACTS AND SCENES :

FUNKE ATTENDED THE JAMBITE PARTY WITH THOMPSON AND HER PRESENCE WAS FELT BY ALMOST EVERYBODY IN THE HALL. EVEN HER GNS LECTURER KNEW SOMEONE WAS AROUND.

SOME DAYS LATER, FUNKE WAS ROPED IN FOR TEST MALPRACTICES BY THE GNS LECTURER (MR. ADE) AND SHE LATER GOT TO SETTLE IT. AS TIME GOES ON MR. ADE DIVULGED HIS PLAN OF MARRYING HER AS A BABY WIFE. WHAT HAPPENS TO FUNKE’S RELATIONSHIP OF 6 YEARS AT HOME? WILL THE MOTHER ALLOW HER TO BE A STEP WIFE IN THIS WORLD? BUT FUNKE’S UNDYING LOVE CONTINUES FOR MR ADE AND EVERYONE ON CAMPUS KNOWS THAT THEY ARE GOING OUT. BUT IS MR. ADE TEASING HER OR IS HE SERIOUS? IN A BID TO SAVE HER LIFE FROM RUINING SIS. SEUN LOST 3 SESSIONS IN SCHOOL AND THE ONLY WAY TO GAIN IT BACK IS BY HAVING SEX WITH THE DEAN OF HIS FACULTY. THEN WHO WILL NOW BE THE LAST VIRGIN BECAUSE SIS. SEUN LATER GRADUATED. DOES SHE GIVE IN TO THE PLIGHT OF THE DEAN? AND WHAT WAS THE END OF FUNKE IN THIS MOVIE? THERE ARE STILL SO MANY SUSPENSES TO BE ADDED. SO THE WORK IS STILL ON.
Re: Ordeals Of A Virgin. A Movie Or Novel by Seun(m): 5:20pm On Oct 17, 2006
I wish I had the patience to read it. It seems quite promising. We are discovering more good writers!
Re: Ordeals Of A Virgin. A Movie Or Novel by yicob(m): 3:10pm On Oct 20, 2006
Thanks seun. Really appreciate. I look forward to more replies. Alsta Labista.
Re: Ordeals Of A Virgin. A Movie Or Novel by flozzy(f): 2:22pm On Nov 01, 2006
This is a good one and i wish you can write it as a novel but in this country we don't have time to read so sell it to a producer.
Re: Ordeals Of A Virgin. A Movie Or Novel by princesa(f): 4:07pm On Oct 19, 2007
i also wished i had the patience to read it and really no body reads books anymore
but well they do, read prose, the drama stuff is kinda complicated and best in a movie , no harm inteded
Re: Ordeals Of A Virgin. A Movie Or Novel by Seun(m): 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2007
Package it as a movie. Good luck! I wish we had writers who could write to spec.
Re: Ordeals Of A Virgin. A Movie Or Novel by Orikinla(m): 11:30pm On Oct 21, 2007
The story can be more animated than the pedestrian language of the dialogue.

This script reads like school docu-drama.

Creative writing is the stuff of good prose.

Artistry. Artistry. Artistry.
Imagery. Imagery. Imagery.

Paint your words in colours.

Avoid cliches.

I have read many sentences in stories here reading like the same sentences in English novels I have read.

Please, see my posts on Sentence.

Do not use text book English to write fiction.
Good grammar will not make a genius.
Your own original creative language will make you a genius.

The clouds seemed to be on fire in the sunset.

I saw beggars with long faces on the street.

The old bungalow looks like a juju shrine

It is even best to write as you speak your native mother tongue, so that your English will read like a translation from your mother tongue.

Read Ben Okri's novels.
Read Wole Soyinka's poems.
Re: Ordeals Of A Virgin. A Movie Or Novel by yicob(m): 12:48pm On Oct 22, 2007
i appreciate everybody that has spoken on this thread. i don't really know if it would be good to change it to a prose form or still leave it as a drama.?i just completed the whole story though am yet to edit it.

(1) (Reply)

Poetic Rendition Of Ekiti Monkeys & Others At ANA Lagos Meeting! / Get These Books By Some Of Nairaland's Favourite Authors / The Secret Adventure (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.