Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Please Read My Story! - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Please Read My Story! (733 Views)

Read My Film Script. / Please Read My Story And Rate It Out Of 10, Share Your Thoughts On It! / Read My Poem Titled Angel And Tell Me How You Feel Ab. It Am An Upcoming Poet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Read My Story! by sugarpopjo: 8:26pm On May 14, 2009
The room was dark and silent, all I could hear was the crashing of the wind on the metal panels of the factory and a hooting of an owl. I felt blood trickling for the side of my head onto my face, I wiped it away, then noticed someone else lying down beside me.
“Are you ok?” I asked.
No answer, I leant over them and noticed there blonde, blood-stained hair, I turned them over, it was my mother.
“Mum, are you ok?”
No answer again, there was blood all over her, I took off her jumper and noticed she was missing one limb her arm had been roughly cut of with the ligament dangling from her shoulder and she had been stabbed in the chest several times. A tear fell from my face onto her body. I closed her eyes and let her rest. I had no time to worry about her, I still had myself to think about so I stood up trying to find out where I was and what had happened to me. There seemed to be gas canisters all around the room. I took one step at a time, trying not to disturb anything.
“Is anyone here?” I Whispered
Still no answer, I ran my hands along the metal wall, trying to find a door or someway out, I felt a crack and then a padlock, but there was no way I could pick a lock in the darkness, I kept going and found a light switch. The lights turned on revealing about 20 members of my family and friends all missing body parts and limbs, I fell to my knees and closed my eyes. The pain inside me was really bad, I didn’t know what to do.
“This isn’t happening to me, its all a dream. This isn’t happening to me, its all a dream.”
I heard the door creak open and footsteps walk in, but I kept my eyes closed, I didn’t want to know what was going to happen to me next.
“Ahem”
I opened my eyes, I saw a large pair of old worn leather boots, I looked up, there was a man holding a large knife in his left hand. He knelt down and pulled my chin up.
“You’re going to kill me” I told him
“I’m not going to kill you” He said sarcastically and laughed crazily.
“Then what are you going to do?”
“I’m going to do what I do best” he said then held his hand out. “Come with me”
“I’d rather die then go anywhere near you” I said hastily
“Fine.” he took out a packet of matches from his pocket and picked one out, he then swiped it on the back of his hand and lit it.
“Wait, I wasn’t being serious” I said quickly
“Are you sure? you sounded pretty serious to me”
I stood up and took the match out of his hand and blew it out.
“What else do you want from me? You killed my friends, my family, I have nothing left.”
“Don’t say that, you have plenty left” He paused and licked his lips “You have plenty left for me to take” He smiled in an insane way.
He held out his hand again
“So are you coming?”
I didn’t have a choice he took my wrist and pushed me out the door, he ran in front of me and looked at his old watch.
“Hurry up” He said “You Don’t want to get caught”
“By what?” I said, but it was to late a blaze of fire came bursting out the building and caught my gas covered arm. He jumped into the fire and pulled me out.
“I said hurry up”
“But you didn’t say what from”
He took my shoulder and pulled me into the boot of his car, all I could see was darkness and all I could feel was pain. I knocked on the door of the car.
“Let me out” I shouted “Let Me Out!”
I got frustrated and started to bang my head on the car to ease the pain in my arm. I started to feel dizzy, then darkness…

I woke up with my head throbbing, I could smell decomposing flesh, and everything seemed to be black, I stood up, the room was dark, there was mouldy wall paper, rotting sheets, and damp carpets.
“This is not your average family home” I said to myself.
I walked out of the room.
“Where Am I?”
I felt a cold hand grab my shoulder and a hard metal blade being placed on my neck, it was the murderer.
“What do you want from me?”
“Just listen, you’ve got to forget you friends and family, and your past life.” He licked his lips “ I’m the only one you can trust now.”
“Why should I trust you?”
“Why should you trust me? Why Should You Trust Me!?” He said sarcastically then laughed. “Because I am the only sane person in this crazy little world.” He used a lot of hand expressions which I found annoying. I stood there staring at him trying to not looked scared.
“How do you know that”
“Because, your people follow the rules of life, which can be so…” He paused for effect “Boring, while I do what I want, I am a free man.” he stood there with his hands open and still smiling.
“Have you ever had a friend?” I asked because I was intrigued by him.
“ A friend? A Friend? I have had many friends, they just can’t keep secrets, that’s all, but don’t worry, they’ve all gone to a place better now” he laughed again “Well a better place than this hell hole” He put his knife closer to my neck.
“But listen to me, you’ve got to do what I tell you, hmmm? He licked his lips “Ok?”
He scraped the knife on my neck forcing me to nod.
“Great, I knew you would come to my side sometime”
He removed the blade from my neck, and took his hand of my shoulder and started to rummage through his jacket pockets trying to find something.
“What do you want from me?” I asked.
He simply ignored me, but I saw a glimpse of a pair of gunades in his pocket.
“Are you going to kill me?”
He stopped what he was doing and looked at me. “I have no intention of killing you” But he had a smirk on his face.
“Then why did you kill my family?”
“For an experiment, I needed to know how strong you really are, And you didn’t disappoint.” He licked his lips “You see, people these days don’t show you there real emotions, but if you let them role, these sane people… they’ll eat each other. You see me and you are different, We don’t rely on the police or the government to take care of our little lives. No. We can do what we want, when we want, and you’ve got to trust me on this one.”
“How do you know I am like you?” I asked.
He took my wrist and searched for my pulse, he got close to my neck and whispered in my ear “It’s in your blood.” He stood there with an insane smile on his face.

“How can you smile about everything you have done? How can you smile after all the lives you have taken?”
“How can you not smile? You see I take life as one big joke, kill someone before they kill you, hey?”
“But my family weren’t going to kill you”
“And how do you know that, Hmm?”
“Anyway, your family have probably gone to a better place than this hell hole.”
I took a step forward and slapped him in his face.
“Ahhh, so you do have a violent side to you after all hmm?” He licked his lips “You see everyone has the urge inside them to kill and torture, its just that not everyone lets it out, so you have got to show me what you’re capable of, you’ve got to show me who you really are, ok?” He stood there looking at me in an odd way. “And oh yeah, your going to need this” He got out a 15” blade from his pocket and took my hand, he spread out my finger then slid the blade into my hand, purposely making me bleed.
“Are you ready?”
I nodded.

CHAPTER 3 - The Deed
---------------------------------

He took my down a back alley, which smelled of urine.
“Watch me first” he said and pointed with his knife at an old women in her mid 60’s wearing a suede jacket. I stood behind the back of a wall, and peeked my head round the corner, anxious to see what happens, the murderer, took the old ladies shoulder and took her around the back of some flats, he then took out his knife and put it to her neck and forced her to tell him her husbands phone number. She told him and he pulled out a phone from his pocket and dialled the number, someone answered the phone.
“Hi, it’s martin from the yew tree old people’s home, sadly your wife” He stopped and looked at the elderly lady.
“Catrina” Said the lady.
“Catrina passed away from a painful heart attack yesterday.” He continued. He put down the phone then stabbed the lady in the chest. She fell to the floor, the murderer took her purse, laughed and ran back to the alleyway. He looked at me and passed me a knife.
“Your turned now” He smiled and pushed me out into the open. I found my target, a middle-aged business man, where a black suit and hat, he looked like he had something valuable on him. I told him that I knew his father and that something tragic has happened to him, I took him around a block of flats, I then grasped his neck and carved an N into his forehead and the slit his neck, I sort of enjoyed killing someone and taking out my anger. I slipped off his jacket and took out his wallet, I returned back to the alleyway and the murderer.
“Good, You got it” He licked his lips “ Now pass it here”
“Why should I, after all you have done to me, I have nothing, no family, no friends, no home and no meaning for life.”
“Just pass it here”
“Make Me” I said hastily. He turned around and took something from his pocket.
“What are you doing?”
He turned around and put an AK-47 sub machine gun to my head.
“Now give me the wallet.” He licked his lips “Or I will blow your brains into the sky and above” He laughed manically.
I took the wallet out of my pocket and placed it into his hand.
“Now, no going over the top, remember what I did to your family, I can always do the same to you”
I nodded, and we returned back home.

“Now listen to me, I’m running out of cash, so you are going to get some for me, ok?”
“What do you want me to do?”
“Follow me…”
He took me to the living room and chucked a newspaper at me, I opened it up “Worst security levels ever reported, Grangehill Bank” was the headline.
“Catch the address then follow me” He said
He picked up a few knives from the side and ran out the door.
“Put this on”
It was a black mask.
“You don’t want anyone noticing you, the police have probably put you on the missing list already.”
I slipped it on my head and picked up a knife off the side.
“Good, you getting the hang of it, hmmm” He said, licked his lips and laughed.
I carried on outside.
“Get in the car”
“But this isn’t your car?” I asked
“And….” He said
He slammed the door shut and drove off, as he was driving he was laughing and singing, and dodging cars through the traffic.
“Are you drunk?” I said.
He Didn’t say anything
“Don’t you think this is a bit too dangerous?” I added
“If you think this is dangerous.” He licked his lips “Then get ready for what we’re doing next.” He took his hands of the steering wheel and laughed.
“Oi, you’re gonna get us killed.” I said.
He just kept on driving, but with a bit more focused on the road.
“We’re here” He said
We were in some sort of a back street from a main road, no-body was around, which was lucky because the murderer was getting big guns and explosives out the car in broad day light.
“Here” he said and chucked a tube saying TNT on it.
“What do you want me to do with it?” I asked
“Nothing yet”
He chucked his knife in the air then caught it again with the other hand.
“You ready?” he said
We walked into the bank and the murderer shot the gun in the air.
“Right Everyone, hands on your head and get down on the ground.”
Everyone did as he said, and he passed me a pair of wire clippers.
“Go find the alarm system and cut the brown wire, got that, hmmm?” He laughed again and took out a can of beer from his pocket and gulped it down.
“I knew you were drunk.” I said as I walked away.
“Now where could the alarm system be?” I said to myself, I found a wire leading from a security camera, I followed it down and across the wall there was a giant silver box screwed to the wall, I opened it up and looked at the wires. I cut the brown one.
“@#”$%” I said, as I was getting an electric shock. “I knew I shouldn’t of listened to him.”
I took the wire cutters and cut through the main wire at the top, it must of all turned off by now I thought.
A man tugged on my knee, he was lying on the floor.
“Please don’t hurt me” He said
“I’m not going to hurt you” I replied “Don’t worry”
But he didn’t listen to me, he crawled up and stuck a knife to my throat.
“I’m not going to let you go through with this” He said
I felt his fist tightening, I didn’t have a lot of time to think, I just opened the wire cutters and pushed them straight into his stomach.
“Oh yes you are” I said
His dead corpse fell to the floor, I walked over the top of him back into the main building. The murderer was there. He circled me and got close to my neck and sniffed me.
“What?” I said a bit hastily
“Good” He replied
“How do you know what I have done?” I asked
“You smell of blood” He laughed and licked his lips “And you’ve got someone’s guts on the end of them wire cutters you holding.” He laughed again.
I looked down at the wire cutters, the mans insides were still on the end of them, I dropped it on the floor and stamped on it, frightened of what I just did.
“Hurry up, the cops will be here soon” Said the murderer.
He grabbed my collar and ran to the safes behind the tills and passed me a crowbar.
“Open ‘em up and grab all the money you can” He said
I did as he told me to do and opened up all the safes, pulling money into my pockets.
“There’s the cops” I said, there was a faint alarm sound going off.
“Sh**, I told you to cut off the brown wire” Said the murderer
“I did and it just gave me an electric shock” I answered
He grabbed my arm and smashed the window with the other.
“You ready to jump?” He said and laughed
“What all the way down there?” I said, standing on the 2nd floor.
“Yep” He laughed manically again and pulled me down.
I landed flat on my face, I stood up dizzily.
“You’ve got to learn to land on your feet, hmmm?” Said the murderer.
He took my arm and the bags on money and pushed me into the car, then he passed me a beer.
“You want me to drink this?” I asked
“ Yeah” He said
“But I’m only 15” I replied
“I’m surprised you did that un-drunk, even I had to get myself Pi*****.” He licked his lips and laughed
After him saying that, I sort of felt proud and took the beer of him and gulped it down.
“You’re getting the hang of this now, hmmmm” He said.
I didn’t reply, I was to busy drinking. I looked behind and saw the building blow up and laughed. He started singing and drove off crazily like he did before, but I didn’t care this time, I just joined in. He parked up and we both entered the flat happy and singing.
“I’ve never felt this happy in years” I said
“You’ve been missing all the fun” He said and laughed again doing his stupid hand expressions. He chucked the bags of money on the table and sat down on the sofa, I joined him.
He turned on the tele.
“Ya know, you being a murdering Psychopath, you live quite a normal life, ya know watching T.V and stuff” I said
“What else am I meant to do?” He said and licked his lips, he got closer to my face.
“I can think of plenty of other things you can do” I said
“Mmmmmmmm” He said licking his lips and kissed me.
“Wait, Wait” I said “ Just before you do anything, how old are you?” I said putting my hands on his lips.
“21” He answered, still close up to my face
“Good” I said “I was just checking you weren’t 40 and being a right perv” I leant forward and kissed him. He pushed on my shoulders and he kept kissing me, I fell in love properly for the first time in my life, but it didn’t feel wrong kissing a 21 year old psychopath. The next thing I knew I was lying on the sofa asleep, cuddling the murderer. He lay there fully awake staring at me.
“We Didn’t do anything….?” I asked
“No, no, no” He answered “Well I hope not”
I didn’t say anything for a while.
“You know you said you are 21, well how long have you been doing this, ?”
“This?” He said and licked his lips
“You, know killing people, and blowing up things.” I said
“Well, I was strange on the day I was born” He said and looked upwards thinking. “But I guess, I started this about 8 years ago.”
“You were 13?”
“Yep” He said. He seemed more intimate than normal, I took him more serious and not like a murdering psychopath. He kissed me, rubbed my knee and stood up.
“Come on then” He said “Another day.”
I stood up with him looking into his eyes, I never noticed how green they were.

I took the murderer in a different light now, it was like me and him were a team, doing what we believe in. I stood there staring into his eyes, I never noticed how young he looked, he was always pulling a crazy psychotic grin, so I never really saw him properly before.
“What’s your name?” I asked
“And why do you need to know that?” He said and licked his lips.
“Well, since we’re like a team now, I thought maybe…” I said
“Wa, Wa, Wait, I never said we were a team, hmmm.” He said and looked at me funnily like he completely forgot about last night. “But if you really want to call me something, you can call my J”
“J?” I said
“J” He said
I knew that J wasn’t his real name, but at least I had something to call him now.
“So J” I said “What are we doing today J?” I asked
He didn’t seem amused.
“Well how about I let you choose what we do today, hmmmm?” He said “And make it good…”
He took his jacket of the table and put it on, then left the room. I sat on the sofa, flicking through endless amount’s of newspapers and magazines, trying to find some chaos to create. J walked back into the room.
“Come on” He said “We don’t have all day.”
“I can’t find anything” I said in disappointment “I’m rubbish at this” I added.
“No your not” J said and came up to me and kissed me on the cheek. At this point I knew that he hadn’t just forgot about last night, and that he still cares about me. He sat next to me and took the newspaper of my knee and flicked through it. He got to the end and said:
“How bout we just go for a drive?” He said “There will be something to do”
He grabbed his bag full of knives and explosives and went out the door, I tagged along behind him. He smashed his elbow into a car window and unlocked the car. I got in and he drove of, he seemed to be a bit more concentrated than yesterday and he looked as if he had something on his mind.
“Is there anything wrong, J?” I asked
He didn’t answer for a while, then he sighed.
“Are you sure there’s nothing wrong?” I said again
“You see” He paused and licked his lips “Me and you yesterday reminded me of about 3 years ago.”
“What happened then?”
“I had a wife, who was beautiful like you and we did everything together, one day she gets caught by the police, I was not brave enough to go and save her then, I let her get tortured, but she didn’t tell anyone about me, the police knew that she knows where I am, but she doesn’t tell them instead she lets them torture her, to death.” He said, I saw a tear came to his eye and I wiped it off for him.
“ I’m sorry” I said.
“No need to be” He replied “I have you now” He smiled at me and I smiled back.
“You know if I ever got caught” I asked “Would you save me?”
He didn’t answer
“I would save you” I added
“Really” He said “Why?”
“Well you’re the only person in my life that I can trust now, you are my life, Thank you” I said
“You know” He said and licked his lips “Most people would of hated me for killing their family” He laughed
“I’ve realised now, that they were just dragging me behind”
The car stopped.
“Where do you wanna go, then?” J asked
I pointed at the park where there were young kids playing a football match. He took my arm and we walked to the park together. It was funny how one day J seemed to be a crazy psychopath who laughs at everything and kills people, and the next day he can be so serious and almost live a normal life. He sat me down on a bench near the blossoming trees.
“Ice Cream?” He asked
“Sure” I said.
I never noticed how handsome J was, I always saw him quite scary and freaky, but if you were a normal person and didn’t know who he really was, then I think they would find him quite attractive with his masculine figure, deep green eyes and scruffy brown hair, I felt lucky to be with him.
A cold slimy hand covered my mouth, I tried shouting for help but no-one could hear me, my eyes were being covered with a rough cloth, I couldn’t see what was happening, my heart was pounding, I felt someone slapping me in my face, then a hard metal crowbar hitting the top of my head. Darkness…

I woke up, my hands were tied behind my back and I was attached to a metal chair, a wire lead from my arms to a few gas canisters.
“Help” I shouted “J?”
The lights turned on, one by one and a dark figure came out of the back of the warehouse, took a seat from the side of the room and sat on it.
“Where’s Johnny?” Said the man
“Johnny?” I asked
“Now, do I look like I want a joke?”
I didn’t answer
“No” He answered himself
“Now where is he?” He asked
“Look, if you tell me who “He” Is then I will tell you.” I Said
“He is Johnny, the murdering psychopath I saw you with at the park.”
It struck me J is for Johnny
“I’ve never heard of him” I said
“Where is he?” He repeated.
“Let me go and I will tell ya” I said
The man sat there thinking for a second, then came closer to me and untied my hands, and took of the wires connecting my arms to the gas canisters.
“Now where is he?” He asked
I got closer to the man and tried distracting him while I took a knife out of my pocket, I circle him then said.
“Come here”
The man stood up and I grabbed his neck and put the knife to his throat.
The man laughed “You think that is going to stop me?”
He took a pistol out of his pocket and stuck it to my head.
“Now drop the knife.”
I dropped it on the ground and put my hands on my head.
“He’ll come here, and rescue me.” I said
“You really think that, huh? That he will come and rescue you? Well I’m sure that he will do the same to you as his last girlfriend.” He laughed right in my face.
I stood there with a gun pointed at my head, not knowing what to say or do.
“Now where is he?” He said.
I didn’t know what to do, tell him and let Johnny die, or don’t tell him and let myself die, I decided the best thing to do was to stay quiet.
“Now, I am going to count to 5 and you are going to tell me” he said
“1”
He’s going to come, he’s going to come, I thought in my head.
“2”
Still no sign of him, I was getting a bit worried.
“3”
I felt a bit disappointed in him.
“4”
A crash came from a window and there was Johnny, he had and gun in his hand.
“Let her go” He said pointing the gun at the man who was pointing the other gun at me.
“Ahhh, I’ve found your weak spot” He said “You obviously didn’t love your last girlfriend as much as this one, you let the other one go. But this time I’m gonna let you watch this one” He said
“Let her go” Repeated Johnny, showing no sign of emotion. The man removed the gun from my head, and aimed it at Johnny.
“No!” I screamed, but it was too late, the man shot Johnny in the arm, not enough to kill him, but I could tell he was in serious agony. I ran up to him and hugged him. I took the gun out of Johnny’s hand and shot It at the man as he was reloading his gun, he fell to the ground. I took Johnny and ran outside with him. I leant him against the wall.
“We’ve got to go” I said, breathing heavily.
“You go, Leave me here, I’m useless anyway.” He said
“No! I’m not leaving you here.”
I ripped a bit of my t-shirt off and bandaged up his arm. Then I supported him and took him to the car.
“I can’t drive” I said.
He didn’t answer, I opened the passenger seat door and lay him across the row of seats.
“It’s going to be ok” I said and got in the car. I had never driven a car before, so I was a bit unsure what to do, I turned the keys and pressed the accelerator, I sort of got the hang of it.
I could hear that he was in pain, so I tried to get back as fast as I could.
“Are you ok?” I asked looking back in the mirror.
He Didn’t answered, he just closed his eyes.
“Don’t leave me” I said quietly
I stopped the car and took him out, I lead him back into the small flat and laid him across the sofa.
“We need a doctor” I said, picking up the phone.
“No” Johnny said taking the phone off me “They know who I am”
“Well I will go to the hospital then and pick up some stuff” I said
“Wait, they know who you are as well, I’m sorry but there is no going back to the life you had before, you are a criminal now”
I stopped, I never thought about that, being a criminal but I knew he was right. I turned around and went into the kitchen, pulling a bag of frozen peas out of the freezer. I put them onto his arm.
“They may be out of date, but they’ll do the job” I said.
I could tell it was painful for him.
“We’ve got to take the bullet out” I said.
I looked around and took the newspaper off the table, I rolled it up and put it in his mouth.
“Bite on this” I said.
He closed his eyes and bit. I took off his shirt and revealed the wound, it was very bad, I touched it and he flinched.
“Now this is going to hurt, but if we don’t do this, then it will hurt more”.
I stuck my hand in the wound, searching for something hard and metal, I could see him sweating, I knew he just wanted to scream. I grabbed the bullet and pulled it out of his arm, my hand was covered in blood.
Johnny opened one eye then the other and realised that it was ok.
I ripped up a tea towel from the kitchen and attached it to his arm.
“It’s all better” I said
And lay next to him on the sofa and stroked his hair, I gave him a cuddle and must of dozed off.

I woke up, Johnny was still asleep, I kissed his head and stood up. My stomach was rumbling, I hadn’t eaten anything for days. I searched the kitchen looking for something edible. I saw Johnny waking up.
“Morning” I said
“You don’t want to eat anything in there” He said
“Why?” I asked
“It’s been in there for years.” He laughed
“Oh” I dropped the packet of rice back onto the counter.
I walked back into the living room and sat next to Johnny “Are you feeling any better?” I asked
He Didn’t say anything, but he smiled.
I took his arm and removed the bandage.
“It’s healing” I said
I but the bandage back onto his arm, and gave him a kiss.
“Do you ever think of the future?” I asked “I mean like what you want to do when your older, you can’t do this forever you know.”
“Well that was my plan” He said
“Maybe you should make a new plan” I said, then kissed him and walked out of the room. I went into the kitchen and peaked around the corner, I could tell in his face that he was concerned, and he knew that I was right, he was just sitting on the sofa looking at the floor. I left him for a few minutes to think then went back into the room.
“Do you feel like doing anything today?” I asked
He didn’t say anything
“Ahem” I said
“Tell me, if you were me what would you do?” he said
“What do you mean?” I asked
He stood up and took a knife from the side then placed it to his neck.
“If you were me would you do this?” He asked.
“Now, Now” I said, I put my hand on his shoulder and tried to lower his hand.
“NO!” He shouted, he pressed the knife into his neck and started to make himself bleed.
I didn’t say anything, I just looked into his eyes and tried to remove the blade from his neck again, he dropped it on the floor. He fell onto me and started crying.
“There, there” I said “You’ve been through a lot, you just need rest, that’s all.” We stood there in the middle of the room crying on each others shoulders.
There was a knock at the door.
“Should I get it?” I asked.
I let go of Johnny and left him standing in the centre of the room. I opened the door.
“Who is it?” I asked.
About 5 men in leather jackets came to the door one had a gun pointing to my head, I had no weapons to defend myself. They marched in.
“Where is he?” one said.
Johnny had gone, I saw the window open and his long jacket blowing in the wind as he ran out onto the road. I made my way slowly to the window to close it.
“Where is he?” Said the man again.
“I don’t know who you are on about?” I said
“You have a lot of weapons for a girl” Said another one of them picking up various types of explosives and guns off the side.
I didn’t say anything, I kept making my way to the window when one looked at me.
“He’s gone” One said pointing at the window, they all marched out of the house leaving it in a tip.
I stood in the middle of the room, thinking of what to do, will he return? Should I go look for him? Will they catch him?
The post box on the door opened, there was a small letter in it, I opened it up.
Meet me grange hill park, 7:30 tonight. J
7:30, that’s in half an hour I said. I grabbed my jacket and ran out the door, knowing that it will take me about half an hour to get there. I drove dodging the traffic, trying my best to get there in time. I stopped the car and ran under the bridge to get away from the rain.
“Johnny” I said running up to him to give him a hug, but he pushed me away.
“What’s wrong?” I asked
“Get away from me, I don’t want to see you again.”
“Johnny?, but?”
“Just go”
I saw someone around the corner, I ran for them, they had a gun pointing at Johnny.
“You” I said.
“No!” Shouted Johnny.
The man shot me, I fell to the ground.
The whole world seemed to be turning, I felt dizzy, the last thing I saw was Johnny running towards me.

I woke up, I couldn’t feel anything below my neck, I was back at the flat.
“Are you alright?” Asked Johnny
“Huh?” I said, not understanding what has gone on. Johnny leant down next to me and gave me a kiss on the forehead.
“You’ll be alright” He said. He lifted up my top, To show me where I had been shot, right in the stomach.
“I’ve already took the bullet out” He said “While you were asleep”
I smiled at him
“Thank you” I said.
“I’ve been thinking” He licked his lips “You know the thing you were saying about the future.”
“Yes” I said
“Well I’ve decided what I want to do, and it’s not to be a murderer anymore, it’s to be with you.”
A tear came to my eye with joy, Johnny leant over me and wiped it off.
“You see, you’ve changed my life, before I met you all I could think about is money, weapons and death. But know I have found a thing called love, which means most to me of all, I don’t want to be known as a murdering psychopath anymore, I want to be known as your husband.”
He got a small box out of his pocket and opened it up, inside was a giant diamond ring.
“It’s stolen isn’t it?” I said
He nodded disappointedly
I took the ring and let him put it on my finger.
“I do” I said.
We both stood up and kissed each other, the thoughts of my old family had totally gone now, I had a new family now.
“But in all seriousness, I sort of liked you before, with our lives on the edge” I said “But it’s up to you”
He stepped away and got a knife of the side, then put it too my neck and kissed me again.
“Better?” He said
I smiled and we kept on kissing.
“You know, I never thought we would be a perfect match” He said and smiled, I loved the way he smiled, he overall had a scruffy look but always had lovely gleaming teeth.
He still had the knife to my neck, and he pushed me into the bedroom, he took of his shirt.
“Wait” I said, I saw on his arms and back he had some major scars.
“What happened?” I asked
“Nothing” He said and tried to kiss me again, but I stopped him.
“Are you alright?” I asked
“I’m fine” He said, kissing my neck. I put my hand on his lips.
“What happened?” I repeated myself, looking straight into his eyes.
He sat on the bed and I joined him, I put my hand around his back.
“It was the black mob, they did it to me after they shot you.” He said.
“I’m so sorry” I said I leant on his shoulder and stroked his hair. I picked up his t-shirt off the floor and put it over his bare back to cover up the scars.
“Maybe we should go to bed” I said “It’s getting late”
I pulled the covers over Johnny, stood up and turned off the light and went back into bed. I couldn’t get to sleep, after everything that has happened to me, I was still in shock.
“Johnny, are you awake?” I whispered
“Hmmm” He said.
“If you had the choice, to either spend the rest of your life living like a normal person with me, or on the edge killing people and robbing banks, which would you choose?” I asked “Because I will stick with you whatever happens.”
“Hmmmm” He said “Which ever you want most, darling”
I could tell that he was still half-asleep, so I didn’t know whether he was telling the truth.

I woke up to the smell of breakfast, Johnny was already awake, I put on my dressing gown and went into the kitchen, a big fry up was laid across the table.
“Food” I said, digging into the bacon.
“I thought you’d like it” Said Johnny.
He sat on the opposite side of the table and started to dig into his food as well. I was playing with my big engagement ring on my finger.
“Johnny, I was thinking, where do you want to get married?” I Said
“Dunno, Church?” He said
“Haven’t you always dreamed of having a big wedding, like something special?” I asked
“Guess not” He said and laughed. He stood up and took the plates to the sink and started washing up.
“Fancy doing something today?” He asked
“Like what?” I asked
“Its up to you” He said
“Well if it was up to me, I would want to rob a bank or something, but I know you don’t want to go back to your old ways.” I said.
“Fine” He said and pulled me out of my chair
“Where we going?” I asked
“Bank” He replied
I felt like I was back in business, I grabbed my bag of the side, containing explosives, knives and guns and ran to the car outside. I slammed the car door shut.
“Drive” I said.
Johnny started the car, and drove off. I started singing and laughing like he used to, but he wasn’t the same, he didn’t have that cheery feeling to him anymore.
I got out the car and went into the bank.
“Hands on your heads and get down on the floor” I shouted, firing my gun into the air.
Johnny passed me a pair of wire cutters.
“Brown Wire?” I asked
“Black” Johnny replied.
I followed the security camera wire across the wall and into the grey box on the wall, I took a crowbar out of my bag and opened the metal door. I took hold of the black wire and cut it with my eyes closed, ready for the electric shock, but nothing happened. I slammed the door closed and ran back into the building, Johnny was leaning against the wall doing nothing.
“Money!?!” I shouted at Johnny
I chucked the crowbar at him, he did nothing it just fell on the floor.
“You’re not fun anymore” I said to him. I knelt down on the floor and picked up the crowbar, and started opening all the safes behind the main desks, and scooping all of the money out of them, I grabbed Johnny and broke the main window with my elbow.
“Ready?” I said
“Why not just take the stairs, the cops aren’t after us?” He said
“It’s more fun this way” I replied
“No” He Said “Your just trying to be like me, but I did things for a reason, and now I notice how silly I looked, and how silly you look now.”
He walked down the stairs and went out the main door, I ran after him.
“Johnny, wait” I said. I grabbed hold of his shoulder.
“What’s up with you these days, hmm?” I said
“I’ve realised the harsh realities of life, I feel so bad for all the lives I have taken and all things that I have stolen. I wish I never killed your family or kidnapped you, I’m sorry.”
“Don’t be sorry, this is the best thing that has happened to me in my whole life” I said
“No it isn’t, I thought that when I killed my family, but now I realised how bad it was, and now I feel the pain, I don’t want you to go through what has happened to me” He said “That’s why I am letting you go”
“But wait, you can’t just let me go we’re engaged remember, anyway its my choice, and I want to stay with you, I have no life anywhere else.” I said
“Well take the money it that sack, and leave me, go buy and house and I dunno find a new family or something.” He said.
“But Johnny, you are my family now, and you’re the best family I have ever had, I don’t want to let you go.” I hugged him and started crying, he patted me on the back.
“I’m sorry” He whispered in my ear, he took hold of my shoulder and lead my back to the car.
“Let’s go home” I said.
We both got into the car and drove home. I unlocked the door and chucked the money onto the sofa.
“You know you scared me back there, I thought you were being serious” I said
“I was, and I have made my decision” He said.
“You can stay with me if you promise we can be like a normal family, no stealing or killing. Or you can go on without me”
“But, I thought you liked that stuff, Johnny”
“I thought I did, but now I have noticed reality and that no-one can stay like that forever.”
I leant on Johnny’s shoulder crying.
“I’ll stay with you Johnny, I promise, I have no life without you.” I said “I love you Johnny” I added, he kissed me on the head.
“I love you too” He said.
We both got into the car and drove home. I unlocked the door and chucked the money onto the sofa.
“You know you scared me back there, I thought you were being serious” I said
“I was, and I have made my decision” He said.
“You can stay with me if you promise we can be like a normal family, no stealing or killing. Or you can go on without me”
“But, I thought you liked that stuff, Johnny”
“ I thought I did, but now I have noticed reality and that no-one can stay like that forever.”
I leant on Johnny’s shoulder crying.
“I’ll stay with you Johnny, I promise, I have no life without you.” I said “I love you” I added, he kissed my head,
“I love you too” He said
I left to the bedroom, and fell asleep.

I woke up, it was 2:00am, I just couldn’t get to sleep, Johnny was lay beside me. I jumped out of bed and put on a jacket, grabbed the keys to the car and a knife, then left the house. I opened the door of the car up and got in, I drove off without the lights on, trying not to make Johnny wake up in any way. I was feeling brave, I wanted to stand up to the mob that hurt me and Johnny, I stopped the car at the park, and went under the bridge, there they were, smoking cigarettes with there leather jackets and trying to look hard.
“I’m not scared by you” I said walking in from the darkness with a gun in my hand. One of them stood up and spat on the ground then laughed.
“You should be” He said.
“Why?” I said, then noticed someone breathing behind me, I turned around two men were stood there with even bigger guns pointed to my head.
“Put the gun down”
“Make me” I said, the loaded their guns, then put them even closer to my head.
“Put the gun down” One of the men repeated again.
I dropped the gun on the floor, and put my hands on my head.
“Good” Said one man and clicked his fingers. Another man came from behind the bridge with hand cuffs, and cuffed my hands together. The men came closer with the guns. A small skinny man came closer to me with a knife.
“Are you going to tell me where he is yet?” He said, it was the same man as last time, all the memories came flooding back, Johnny saved me, but he isn’t the same anymore he won’t come and save me, he doesn’t even know I am gone. The only way to save myself was to tell him where Johnny is.
“So you gonna tell me?” the man said again.
I nodded.
“32, brighton street” I said and looked down disappointedly
“The real address” He said. I knew my lies wouldn’t fool him.
“141 Cliffside” I said, this time I was truthful.
“You hear that boys? 141 Cliffside!” Said the man. His men ran off to their van, parked the other side of the car park and left. The man with the knife came closer to me, it was just me and him. He got close to my neck and whispered in my ear.
“Do you know why we want Johnny so much?” He whispered.
I sighed.
“No?” He said. “I had a family with children, they were my life, I was nothing without them, but one day they were part of one of Johnny’s little jokes. He cut of their fingers then stabbed them, He then posted the fingers back to me. You can tell how angry I was, so now the meaning of my life is to get Johnny and return to him what he gave me.” The man dropped the knife on the floor and laughed.
I ran away back to my car and drove off to get back home to find Johnny. I couldn’t believe what I had just done, and now I understood why Johnny wanted to stop what he was doing, it must have been terrible to know around every corner there is someone trying to find you and kill you.
I stopped the car outside the house, there was no sign of a black van anywhere, they had either not arrived yet, or already been and gone. I ran inside slamming the door behind me.
“Johnny” I screamed
“Johnny, we’ve got to go” I added.
I ran to the bedroom, there was no-one there, I searched around the whole house, and there was no sign of him. I sat on the end of the bed and tried to imagine what might of happened to Johnny when the mob came to catch him. I looked at my engagement finger then sank my head into my hands and started to cry.

I woke up realising I must of fell asleep, I heard the doorbell ring, I ran to the door wishing it was Johnny, I still had tears streaming down my face. No-one was there, but there was a small parcel on the doorstep, neatly wrapped up with a bow. I sat at the kitchen table and slowly opened it, wishing it was something from Johnny, or even just a sign to know he is still alive. I pulled the bow open, then unwrapped the box, I opened it up and there was a small wooden box inside, I lifted the lid up slowly, in the box were a set of 10 severed fingers, neatly placed with a note. The note just said one word “Johnny” written in blood. I closed the lid of the box then threw it out of the window with my engagement ring in it. I banged my head on the table and wept. I was filled with pain, so much I couldn’t handle it, I took Johnny’s knife off the side and placed it on my neck, I closed my eyes, and slid the knife across my throat, I fell to the ground blood trickling from my neck, I started to close my eyes, my life was complete.
Re: Please Read My Story! by kay9(m): 11:35pm On May 14, 2009
Your story flows well, but I think you should make it more realistic. You wake up somewhere,bleeding, lost, then you discover your mum beside you, dead, and you say: "Mum?" smiley Is that all you can really say? And then you go on to find out that one of her limbs has been hacked off, and you. . .  just sit back, silent? I really don't think that's what i'd do. smiley

Keep it up shaa, you have a knack for making the story flow - don't forget that,

(1) (Reply)

Get An European Phone Number That Will Redirect To Your Nigerian Phone Number / Let Him Do / I Am Catastrophically In Love With You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.