Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Difficulties In Going To School In UNN - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Difficulties In Going To School In UNN (364 Views)

Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN / Photo Of Overcrowded Lecture Hall In UNN / Laptop Fee In UNN Causes Hardship Among Students (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Difficulties In Going To School In UNN by Erg2000(m): 9:49pm On Nov 09, 2015
UNN a school for Lions and Lioness! The pride of southeast! School for the poor and rich and school were great men are produced irrespective of their background. It is quit unfortunate that lectures in UNN today have decided to subject the newly admitted candidates and the yet to be admitted candidates to this untold hardship by mandating them to pay 70k for laptops, without even considering the difficulties it will be to the news students.
Some will have to run round the street for money to pay for acceptance fee, school fee, accommodation fee,etc and after this they will still pay 70k for a 2gig RAM laptop obtainable at the rate of 40k or below. How can a federal university be run like a private university? It's absurd! It goes contrary to the individual's choice of want. I personally see it as ILLEGAL extortion of money for the poor! Other federal universities that I know try as much as possible to make education rights of every individuals not privilege, If it may interest the VC he should consider the number of many intelligent Nigerians that will forfeit their admission thanks to his indiscriminate policy. I would love to say that students having laptops is not in any way bad, but no one should compelled to have it, or even if they should have it compulsorily, they should be allowed to go get their choices, not being forced to be given low quality laptops, I calculated the whole amount and whole money is about 150k or higher, which have never happened in any university in Nigeria, except for privately owned ones and state universities
I certainly advocate that this policy be reversed, so as not to make some get high BP or even relinquishing their admission. Thanks!
Re: Difficulties In Going To School In UNN by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 09, 2015
This is serious!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Carpets Oyo, Osun Over Funding Of LAUTECH / Seven Students Die As Fire Guts Hostel In Kano / Unveiling The Rawness Of Education...a Must Read For Every Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.