Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Lawless Benue State Comissioner Of Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawless Benue State Comissioner Of Police (686 Views)

Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police / Buhari Presents A Gift To Arase, Outgoing IG Of Police ( Photos) / Pain, Confusion As Lawless Fulani Herdsmen Take Over BRT Lane-vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawless Benue State Comissioner Of Police by jerryank: 11:25pm On Nov 09, 2015
Dear Nigeria,
Yesterday been Sunday, I had to do a lot of running around; trying to resolve an issue. I was at C division of Nigeria police in North bank, makurdi, Benue State, in company of two senior friends trying to secure a bail for someone I had known for a while. Upon inquiring about the case, the officer in charge of the case gave us his brief and at some time didn’t let the defendant even speak. The issue was the defendant as a business man had conducted several businesses with a serving military officer Brigadier General Mshelia, he was in makurdi at a time before his posting out of makurdi and the worth of this particular business was four hundred and fifty thousand of which the defendant paid immediately seventy thousand. Since on Saturday afternoon, Brigadier General Mshelia from Borno State, ordered his subordinates(Army officers) to go and effect the arrest of the defendant and taken to a police station and lock him up. This was done with the Benue State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Yarida, who now takes his orders from the Army General. The said sum of money has been paid in full as at this morning but according to the Benue State commissioner of police; he hasn’t gotten the order to release the defendant from the General even at the time of posting this. The defendant has spent more than three days in detention and where as the money has been paid the commissioner and his friend who are paid with tax payers’ money is using his office to perpetuate this illegality. The DPO of C division is doing everything to impress the Commissioner and has had to make several reports to his boss on this matter, keeping his boss up to date and going out of his way to make life difficult for the defendant. Where as it is boldly written on the walls of this police station bail is free and suspects cannot be kept for more than 48hours in a civil case, this suspect has neither been granted bail nor charged to court. I urge Nigerians to take this as a social media petition against this law officers and share this petition until it gets to Mr. President, the Chief of Army Staff, and the inspector general of police, for them to act on this immediately, and save this young man’s life. Officers of the law must not be allowed to break the law.
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Lawless Benue State Comissioner Of Police by eleko1: 11:30pm On Nov 09, 2015
Forward dis to ur gov/state house of assembly to do the needful b4 those power drunk snuff life outa ur friend.May God help us in dis country sad
Re: Lawless Benue State Comissioner Of Police by yanabasee(m): 11:39pm On Nov 09, 2015
I thought... It won't be business as usual...

This is what you get when his fellow military general is a president...

OP... All you've got to do is to get a GOOD lawyer!... And leave to rest... As far as he has settled him.. The barrister will handle and bring justice to ur friend...
Re: Lawless Benue State Comissioner Of Police by jerryank: 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2015
Dear Nigeria,
I want to a very big thank you to everyone who has taken their time to make a comment or even share my petition, you are the real winner of this fight. The Nigerian i reported about has been granted bail by the C division of Nigeria police this morning. Officers of the law must be held accountable and must show integrity and transparency in all they do. As i speak the criminal justice system in Nigeria and other means of resolving disputes in Nigeria are in dare need of the change Nigerians are clamoring for. However i must point out the change we all want to see must begin from every individual, from me and from you. At least we all owe Nigeria this.Once again thank you.
Regards

(1) (Reply)

See Dino Melaye’s N89,563,500 Rolls Royce Wraith / Abagworo. IPOB In Owerri / Were Is The 15 Days Darkness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.