Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

How To Ivest In Stocks In Nigeria- Proven Steps - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Ivest In Stocks In Nigeria- Proven Steps (758 Views)

Zenith Bank, 2 Others Emerge Best Performing Stocks In July / 10 Stockbroking Firms Facilitate N525bn Investment In Stocks / Fresh Ginger Available In Stocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Ivest In Stocks In Nigeria- Proven Steps by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 10, 2015
It surprises me to know that only few outs of the million population in Nigeria know little about Stocks, even the known entrepreneur knows little on stocks. Whatever be the reason, I relate it to lack of information and detailed guide to the Nigerian stock market so in this article, we strive to give you all you need to know about the Nigeria stock markets, how to buy stocks, tips and advice to investors and overall steps to buying of stocks in Nigeria and more.

One great way to build wealth and enjoy a stable financial status is through investing, investing in bonds, treasury securities, managed funds, properties etc investment remains a necessity and important. And among all this investment plate forms (bonds, treasury securities, managed funds, properties etc) investment in stocks is easy and the most profiting.

Across the world today, buying and selling of stock is a fully fledged business for any to go into either as a stock broker, stock traders etc due to the huge followers and overall acceptance of stock as a vehicle of wealth creation. Either fully into stock as a business or not, stocks still represents an important strategy for financial security.
Doing the research for this post one of my friends asked if stock investing really works. You might as well have asked this question or still asking this question. The answer is an emphatic yes; you can build financial security investing in stocks.

What is stocks?
Stock in financial terms refers to a unit of share or capital by a company through the issue of shares to the public and being traded in the Nigeria stock exchange.
Often, what to do to make money remains the question but after we have made the money the hassle of what to do with it sets, as all understood the need for a secure future, but often many seems to make the wrong turns when cut up in the cross-road of what to do with our money. Broad way out of this cross-road seems to deposit all or most of it into financial institution believing it saves them of needless spending. But considering some negative economic situation say inflation, the choice of saving fails to take a positive effect. Many other options are accessible which have its own detriment,some choose to invest in stock market. Haven defined what a stock is we will study the Nigeria stock exchange which is our case study.
Irrespective of economic and political crisis, In Nigeria and around the world investment in stock had always been a practical mode of financial security.

Steps to buying of stock in Nigeria
Buying stocks its easy though not straight forward as it involves series of step as discussed below.
click through this link to see steps:http://www.abodebusinessonline.com/2015/11/how-to-invest-in-stocks-in-nigeria.html
All from Abode Business @ www.abodebusinessonline.com
Re: How To Ivest In Stocks In Nigeria- Proven Steps by mrpally(m): 7:29am On Nov 10, 2015
Nice one, I was expecting the technical aspect. As at today 90% of my investment are in stocks and I can assure you that if you are not greedy you would make cool cash without stress from stock.

In picking the stocks to buy, you either look at one of this two or both of them
1. The company fundamentals - performance of the company.
2. Technical analysis - movement in prices.

Thanks.
Re: How To Ivest In Stocks In Nigeria- Proven Steps by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 10, 2015
so true, my mrpally, but why do you thing most Nigeria overlook this aspect of investing?
Re: How To Ivest In Stocks In Nigeria- Proven Steps by mrpally(m): 10:59am On Nov 10, 2015
Hmmmm, most people do not invest in stock due to so many reasons some of which are
1. Lack of information and education about the stock market
2. Lack of full control of your investment.
3. The level of risk is very high, note that the higher the risk, the higher the returns
4. Lack of savings and investment culture.

Etc.

(1) (Reply)

Free Training For Newbies In Internet Marketing/affiliate Marketing / Jumia 12:12 Flash Sale Amazing Deals for 12 Hours - Nigeria / Free: An Old & Simple Process 2 Financial Freedom In 2016 & Beyond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.