Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud (19710 Views)

Jonathan, Diezani, Others Shared $1.3b In Malabu Oil Fraud—italian Prosecutors / $15bn Arms Deals: Panel Traces N2bn To Five Children Of Ex-army Chief / $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 10, 2015
cheesy
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by Olateef(m): 10:31am On Nov 10, 2015
Oga oo
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by baralatie(m): 10:33am On Nov 10, 2015
"!This information is contained in a recently released study by the National Institute for Legislative Studies (NILS). The study made public on October 20 contains a detailed report of 82 key probes and investigative public hearings undertaken by the National Assembly since inception.""

the above is the height of propaganda!
as long as this is the mode of operation PMB will be do nothing but look!
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by omogin(f): 10:34am On Nov 10, 2015
After all this wetin go happen? Buhari's APC will eat their own and pretend to be saints. Corruption is still at its peak in the MDAs and bubu pretends not to see or hear.
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by mployer(m): 10:37am On Nov 10, 2015
Another attempt to distract the masses from noticing their gross incompetence.
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by Wizlove(m): 10:37am On Nov 10, 2015
Saturn213:
I wonder what the PDP minions will say this time around?

Is this witch hunt from Buhari or Tinubu?

That GEJ was the most corrupt president to ever rule this country is not in doubt. But it is the magnitude of the theft that is disturbing

Buhari should take his time to bring sanity to this country.

you want to know what we will say?. Now listen. We've being hearing of this things for along time now all we want to hear now is that somebody has been convicted not forgetting to go to court with a witness like in Orubebe's case.
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by effty(m): 10:38am On Nov 10, 2015
If dis kain of money is missing, America will know.

- GEJ 2015

2 Likes

Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by obailala(m): 10:43am On Nov 10, 2015
clevadani:
Honestly, I am tired of hearing stories like this. Nigerians want to start seeing convictions of culpable individuals and the recovery of stolen funds.
You can never know where you are heading if you don't know where you've been. If we dont keep resounding, reflecting and reminding ourselves of the problems, we will inevitably slip back into the same mess in future.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by Richlife247: 10:45am On Nov 10, 2015
Thank you Sir! We've heard... . Since all is for hearing sake! Chat! Our Senate are truly working in deed my foot!

I would rather prefer this headline : SENATE TO JAIL_______AFTER UNCOVERING $15B OIL FRAUD.

1 Like

Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by HirstMOG(m): 10:47am On Nov 10, 2015
GEJ haters, hope you saw how he has ruled Nigeria from 1999-2014? The only thing that rings in your minds when PDP is mentioned is GEJ is clueless. The change APC of today, were the members in their mothers belly or some of them were part of your acclaimed wasted 16 years by the ruling party then? "Change" is just an English word.
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by clevadani: 10:50am On Nov 10, 2015
obailala:
You can never know where you are heading if you don't know where you've been. If we dont keep resounding, reflecting and reminding ourselves of the problems, we will inevitably slip back into the same mess in future.
I understand ur point. But a lot of Nigerians are getting delusioned. We need something to hold on to right now. Though its not the fault of the present govt, but it is their responsibility.
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by Burger01(m): 10:52am On Nov 10, 2015
Honestly speaking, some past corrupt government workers should be killed... angry

Jonathan is the most corrupt president Nigeria ever had. Gawd, so corrupt! angry

PDP is dead for these deeds and it will remain deadundecided

2 Likes

Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by duwdu: 11:02am On Nov 10, 2015
obailala:

http://www.leadership.ng/news/473284/nass-probes-uncover-15bn-oil-fraud

I seriously weep for my country, Nigeria has no business being in the league of 3rd world countries. But then, while one would think the masses should rise up against this, the masses have all their priorities twisted even as they only focus ONLY on mundane things such as tribe, ethnicity and religion.

Seun and Lalasticlala must see hear this undecided

Hmm... It shall be well, even if we're 50% of the way there within the next three and a half years. I think we're on the way to achieving real progress and development.

If only this Federal government would just look past these hecklers, and continue to focus on its goals while being transparent and honest doing so.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by funkyibodude(m): 11:02am On Nov 10, 2015
Saturn213:

That GEJ was the most corrupt president to ever rule this country is not in doubt. But it is the magnitude of the theft that is disturbing

my dear before you quote, take your time to reason, 1999-2014, was GEJ the president from that period, 3 administrations have passed before he became the president.

1 Like

Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:07am On Nov 10, 2015
Saturn213:

bros go back n read the article, it predates back to 1999. So guess waht obj, atiku, elrufai, okorocha, most if not all the change wieldng brooms are in this. And u know the funniest thing?
It is dead on arrival cos obj is involve.
Stop allowing gej matter to be ur nightmare, he supports baba's fight against corruption, and pdp u guys r demonising also supports the fight. What baba shud do is start d fight and also he shud not be selective. If he says pdp destroyed the country for 16yrs then he shud check all those who were part of the pdp in those 16yrs and do justice to the case.
Am not a card carrying member now, but by Gods grace i will join pdp nextyr.
Let d probing start, pls baba shud not be selective.

1 Like

Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 10, 2015
The kind thunder wey fire PDP and its followers and its agents go get gonoreah and HIV ... Dumb people dumb party from hell . angry
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:09am On Nov 10, 2015
sammyj:
Will all this wash probe by the selfish rulers amount to anything especially when most of them are involved in the scam in one way or the other. Likewise when money change hands now the probe report will be dead on arrival. Time will tell !!! shocked angry sad
u dey follow me see am abi?
The whole thing na to jst make we youth vex, dasall.
Sofar obj and atiku dey involve, the matter don die.
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by arsetalks(m): 11:09am On Nov 10, 2015
clevadani:
Honestly, I am tired of hearing stories like this. Nigerians want to start seeing convictions of culpable individuals and the recovery of stolen funds.
I do not believe people will be jailed ( unless the less known ones ) reason is those who keep shouting witch hunt.

I do not believe for once that GEJ himself is not been probed but we probably will never read it on the pages of papers due to the sensitivity of the issue and those ( you know them ).
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by rusher14: 11:10am On Nov 10, 2015
funkyibodude:
my dear before you quote, take your time to reason, 1999-2014, was GEJ the president from that period, 3 administrations have passed before he became the president.

No he wasn't.

But he not only followed the trend but widened it.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:12am On Nov 10, 2015
Gbawe:
just look at the ridiculous amount of Nigeria's wealth the PDP has stolen. Imagine if even 50% of the looted funds was deployed towards the infrastructural development of Nigeria? I think, conservatively, Jonathan would have supervised the theft of at least $60 billion, or much more, over the 5 years he was President of Nigeria. Thank goodness the PDP is gone and will stay banished for good.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/188478-apc-accuses-jonathan-appointees-of-looting-at-least-n11-11trillion-says-they-must-face-the-law.html

cheesygrin this mischievous guy again

1)Who's PDP? ...

2)Report chronicled activities of NASS from 1999-2014...how's it Jonathan you only saw and understood...

3)What happened to unveiling the evidence and nailing culprits in court than conjuring silly stories in media daily
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by obailala(m): 11:15am On Nov 10, 2015
clevadani:

I understand ur point. But a lot of Nigerians are getting delusioned. We need something to hold on to right now. Though its not the fault of the present govt, but it is their responsibility.
No doubt, the slowness of this government is frustrating, not a single capital project has been started this year. But somehow you cant really blame the government, changing power at the centre from one party to another is a very huge task, it might just involve changing every single thing and this is the first time we are experiencing this type of holistic transition since 1999.

Another thing you need to understand is the 2015 budget. The 2015 budget was very pessimistic and there was next to nothing budgeted for capital projects; even if there wasn't a change in government and we still had GEJ, 2015 would still have been a very cold year without any single progress (you need to go back and study the 2015 budget). Now some might argue that the new government should have changed/amended the budget midyear, but then, this new government is still finding its feet and it has coming at a time of great financial woes.

I can only look forward to 2016 when the present government would have drawn its own budget and I pray the oil prices pick up a little by next year, 'order' is definitely better than 'speed.'

3 Likes

Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by menxer: 11:19am On Nov 10, 2015
Nigerians are inured to these type of reports, let's hope there be a change to the end these reports would meet.
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:19am On Nov 10, 2015
PassingShot:
And some dolt will tell me it's illogical to blame PDP for the rot in Nigeria.

The most annoying thing is these nincompoops are the same set of people already blaming a five month government for the failure of their own failed presidents! They want Buhari to solve problems created in sixteen years, in five months or less. What an absurdity!

Foolish people everywhere here.
bukola saraki govr of kwara state between 2003-2011(pdp)
nasir elrufai minister for fct 2003-2007(pdp)
rotimi amaechi speaker rivers state house of assembly 1999-2007(pdp), govr rivers state 2008-2014(pdp)
rochas okorocha former pdp presidential flagbearer and also worked for pdp govt under obasanjo.
Aminu bello masari speaker house of representative (pdp)
atiku abubakar vice president of nigeria 1999-2007(pdp)
to mention but a few, abeg pls where r they now?a
so when someone says its illogical, stop being ignorant.
The only man who has never being in d pdp and has the powers to ridicule pdp is buhari and osinbajo, tinubu, fashola. But for the rest, they were the part of the mess.
Stop being a fool.
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by Jydebauer: 11:20am On Nov 10, 2015
Army arrangement by Fela comes to mind:

Two-point-eight-billion naira
Oil money is missing
Two-point-eight-billion naira
Oil money is missing
Them set up inquiry
Them say money no lost o
Them dabaru everybody
Supervisor Obasanjo
Them say make him no talk o
"Money no lost," them shout again
Inquiry come close o

E no finish, e no finish...
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by bayinq25(m): 11:22am On Nov 10, 2015
PassingShot:
And some dolt will tell me it's illogical to blame PDP for the rot in Nigeria.

The most annoying thing is these nincompoops are the same set of people already blaming a five month government for the failure of their own failed presidents! They want Buhari to solve problems created in sixteen years, in five months or less. What an absurdity!

Foolish people everywhere here.
spot on bro!..they're shrewded with ethnical and religious sentiments.Then one idiot comes up with biafra because group of pdp robbers left power.These leaders don't even see them as brothers but see them as peasants.I'm not in support of any party but it'll be insane to praise Jonathan's government...our biggest enemies should be people who steal from us irrespective of their ethnicities...someone who's chilling in UK bringing biafra propaganda has no business wt leadership..the problem with the east isnt external,it's bad leadership..you'll still be ruled by corrupt leaders if Nigeria let's u go..remember many ibo leaders are part of the pdp govt with this humongous $16bn embezzlement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by Caliph69: 11:23am On Nov 10, 2015
This should not be just noise making or swept under the carpet again. If true, heads should start rolling.
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by sapientia(m): 11:27am On Nov 10, 2015
lol.. na the same people still dey government

APC = PDP

By the way.. knowing this is not going to benefit me

Till i see convictions in courts leading to incarcerations

I take all this news as comedy
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by armadeo(m): 11:33am On Nov 10, 2015
Well well well.

We know we know.

Name them thieves not just figures and do something about it.

Ole ole.
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by clevadani: 11:35am On Nov 10, 2015
obailala:
No doubt, the slowness of this government is frustrating, not a single capital project has been started this year. But somehow you cant really blame the government, changing power at the centre from one party to another is a very huge task, it might just involve changing every single thing and this is the first time we are experiencing this type of holistic transition since 1999.

Another thing you need to understand is the 2015 budget. The 2015 budget was very pessimistic and there was next to nothing budgeted for capital projects; even if there wasn't a change in government and we still had GEJ, 2015 would still have been a very cold year without any single progress (you need to go back and study the 2015 budget). Now some might argue that the new government should have changed/amended the budget midyear, but then, this new government is still finding its feet and it has coming at a time of great financial woes.

I can only look forward to 2016 when the present government would have drawn its own budget and I pray the oil prices pick up a little by next year, 'order' is definitely better than 'speed.'
Damn you are good. You've really helped me understand the situation better.
But I need to ask you, do you think this govt can deliver its campaign promises as regards the 5k allowance,free food and job creation among others? Taking into cognisance the present financial situation.
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by clevadani: 11:36am On Nov 10, 2015
arsetalks:
I do not believe people will be jailed ( unless the less known ones ) reason is those who keep shouting witch hunt.

I do not believe for once that GEJ himself is not been probed but we probably will never read it on the pages of papers due to the sensitivity of the issue and those ( you know them ).
It would be a crime against Nigeria if no one ends up in jail.
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by feedthenation(m): 11:38am On Nov 10, 2015
When will the culprits be prosecuted & given lenghty jail sentences or even death penalty.

This sort of news is so disheartnening. These amount of figures can cripple some other countries economy, yet some individuals are feasting on our commonwealth.
Re: NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:39am On Nov 10, 2015
obailala:

it might interest u to know that 2015 budget as u called it pessimistic cause the ratio of recurrent expenditure is much more than the capital expenditure.
Lemme enlighten u so u will be d judge, 2015 budget according to report is 4.4trillion naira and 1.3trillion is earmarked for capital expenditure. If u calculate the percentage it gulps, u will see it is 29.54percent.
Now the new administration of buhari has proposed a budget of 8trillion naira for 2016, out of that they said 2trillion is being earmark for capital expenditure, the foolish vp even stewpeedly said it represents 40percent of the budget, dont know when 2trillion naira of 8trillion represents 40percent.
I know u lots and ur likes went gaga abt the news but lemme show u that the vp was wrong.
If u divide 2trillon by 8trillion which is d total budget, u will get 0.25 and multiply it by 100 u get 25 which represent what its been budgetted for capital expenditure and not 40percent.
And now if u relate gej's capital budget of 29.54percent from 4.4trillion naira to 25percent capital budget of 8trillion naira budget, u will know who is the fraudster and a liar.
Be d judge, if u think am being biased, then meet a good naths teacher, provide him with the figures and let him do the maths for u.
Goodday!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Ends Operation Python Dance In The South-East - Official / Mubi, Adamawa Bombings: Osinbajo Releases Statement / Army Names Onyema Nwachukwu As New Spokesperson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.