Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

I Haven’t Heard From My Husband Since He Got A Job In Owerri 10 Years Ago - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Haven’t Heard From My Husband Since He Got A Job In Owerri 10 Years Ago (1078 Views)

McCaughey Septuplets: Lady Who Gave Birth To 7 Children 21 Years Ago / Mbaise Woman's Husband Was Given N800k Marriage List 10 Years Ago / ‘I Haven’t Heard From My Husband Since He Got A Job In Owerri 10 Years Ago’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Haven’t Heard From My Husband Since He Got A Job In Owerri 10 Years Ago by iwaeda: 11:03am On Nov 10, 2015
By Bartholomew Madukwe

LAGOS—A 39-year-old woman, Bose Ayinde, has asked an Igando Customary Court in Lagos to dissolve her 18-year-old marriage with her husband, Nureni, accusing him of abandoning her and children for 10 years, after getting a job in Owerri.

Bose told the court that all efforts to reach her husband proved abortive and that she had been the one paying the house rent and children school fees since his disappearance.

The petitioner said since her husband stopped communicating with her 10 years ago, he neither called to ask for the children’s well-being nor visited.

She said: “My husband abandoned me and the children after he got a job in Owerri 12 years ago. He stopped calling me 10 years ago. All efforts to reach him proved abortive.

Testifying before the court’s President, Mr. Adegboyega Omilola, Bose accused her husband, who was not in court, of lack of care.

She added that whenever she goes to husband’s parents in Abeokuta, Ogun State, for assistance, they would tell her to “wait your husband will soon come.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/i-havent-heard-from-my-husband-since-he-got-a-job-in-owerri-10-years-ago/
Re: I Haven’t Heard From My Husband Since He Got A Job In Owerri 10 Years Ago by EverestdeBliu(m): 11:11am On Nov 10, 2015
Re: I Haven’t Heard From My Husband Since He Got A Job In Owerri 10 Years Ago by iwaeda: 11:19am On Nov 10, 2015
The man don chop ofe Owerri no fit remember home again. Ten years aha, that no be marriage again!!
Re: I Haven’t Heard From My Husband Since He Got A Job In Owerri 10 Years Ago by Favparis(f): 11:33am On Nov 10, 2015
Wow................. And you don't know the name of the Company that offered him the Job?
Re: I Haven’t Heard From My Husband Since He Got A Job In Owerri 10 Years Ago by iwaeda: 1:36pm On Nov 10, 2015
Favparis:
Wow................. And you don't know the name of the Company that offered him the Job?
Let us report him to lalasticlala, seun and ishilove; may be they will be able to locate him.

1 Like

Re: I Haven’t Heard From My Husband Since He Got A Job In Owerri 10 Years Ago by bukatyne(f): 2:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
Is lack of care the wife's issue or abandonment?

Would it be acceptable if he sent money, paid the rent and still stayed away for 10 years?

Was the husband's family still communicating with him? If her in-laws were not giving her the concrete answers, couldn't she have called a round table with both families? Is she sure the husband is still alive?

The husband might be dead and the in-laws just telling her 'he will soon be back' to placate her.

Sad.
Re: I Haven’t Heard From My Husband Since He Got A Job In Owerri 10 Years Ago by iwaeda: 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2015
bukatyne:
Is lack of care the wife's issue or abandonment?

Would it be acceptable if he sent money, paid the rent and still stayed away for 10 years?

Was the husband's family still communicating with him? If her in-laws were not giving her the concrete answers, couldn't she have called a round table with both families? Is she sure the husband is still alive?

The husband might be dead and the in-laws just telling her 'he will soon be back' to placate her.

Sad.
The truth is that the man is remarried and the family dont want the lady. Even if her husband is dead, the woman would have heard now. The man is alive hail and healthy. That lady may be trouble some and the family dont want none of her wahala.God will help all bleeding homes.
Re: I Haven’t Heard From My Husband Since He Got A Job In Owerri 10 Years Ago by Pidggin(f): 3:03am On Nov 11, 2015
After 10 years?!
Re: I Haven’t Heard From My Husband Since He Got A Job In Owerri 10 Years Ago by Smitsam: 6:44am On Nov 11, 2015
:oMy dear u did d right thing joor!!! And the man's parent they are very crazy and wicked.. This life self people will continue to shock you with their attitude. :oMy dear u did d right thing joor!!! And the man's parent they are very crazy and wicked.. This life self people will continue to shock you with their attitude.
Re: I Haven’t Heard From My Husband Since He Got A Job In Owerri 10 Years Ago by bukatyne(f): 9:05am On Nov 11, 2015
iwaeda:

The truth is that the man is remarried and the family dont want the lady. Even if her husband is dead, the woman would have heard now. The man is alive hail and healthy. That lady may be trouble some and the family dont want none of her wahala.God will help all bleeding homes.

Is this inside scoop?
Re: I Haven’t Heard From My Husband Since He Got A Job In Owerri 10 Years Ago by edwife(f): 9:28am On Nov 11, 2015
This story is very bizarre and the woman a strange one.
Your husband got a job outside the state,you never care to know the company name,his address or be in contact with any of his colleagues or something.

In the 10 years you have been waiting for him,nothing has taken you to owerri even in 6 months of him relocating?the father of your kids?even if he was dead,she or the family would have gone to the company or owerri to make a report.

10 years is way too long,she really tried.

1 Like

Re: I Haven’t Heard From My Husband Since He Got A Job In Owerri 10 Years Ago by brainzdh(m): 2:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
The power of Ukwu nwanyi Owerri!

(1) (Reply)

Help A Nairalander's Baby Win An Online Voting Competition / Why Are A Baby's First Words 'mama' And 'dada' / Funny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.