Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC (68538 Views)

Who Got This From Nysc Osun / Which States Make Sense For Medical Graduates, NYSC / 2,500 Medical Graduates May Miss NYSC – Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by mignone(f): 5:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
[quote author=dubemivan post=39875604]Such a useless method to checkmating fake medical personnels. If they want to address the decay in the educational system and devise a better strategy to identify and screen out the quack.
This begins with flushing out the quacks and thieves in our government who make laws for us that never knew how to read nor write and are heading our ministries and education boards... that way we will be safer and on the right track to deal with other minor problems like this!
----------

a step @ a time my brother, we'll get there. believe!
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by onyxo76(m): 5:46pm On Nov 10, 2015
when you complete your housemanship you get your full practising license and go for NYSC afterwards, or what exactly am i missing here?
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by eaglechild: 6:10pm On Nov 10, 2015
After housemanship, doctors are given their permanent practicing license which is a requirement for service.

However, The Medical and dental council of Nigeria (MDCN) often delays the issuance of this license which can take up to 2 years after housemanship. This led to NYSC to loosen up and start accepting doctors who have evidence of completion of internship as they are deemed to be fully qualified.

Apparently, this has been explored by some miscreants leading NYSC to insist on the presentation of the permanent licenses.
Unfortunately, most doctors go for NYSC within weeks or few months after completion of internship which means that virtually none will have received the permanent license from the MDCN by the time they are ready to proceed for service. This automatically translates to disqualification of virtually all doctors who are due for service.

1 Like

Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 10, 2015
WombRaiders:
Why not simply let them go to service but not to serve in hospitals since the only reason for this crap is to avoid paying the 130k monthly allowee.

Useless confused APC govt

People don dey see Road ooo shocked.
Na wa o!!
Sai....
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 10, 2015
are graduates of dentistry included
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by stanvesco(m): 7:07pm On Nov 10, 2015
400billionman:
grin

To collect N130,000 allawee for 12 months.

No be beans..

Infact, i am a doctor. I want to serve under NYSC..
i dnt tnk u r a doctor,bkos if u are,u go no say dat pay na demotion....u probably say dat 130k frm a thread stating a rductn of docs pay frm 130k to 15k,

anyway its nva too late
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by stanvesco(m): 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2015
Joel3:
that is how a corp. member almost blind my father eye balls from quack eye operations in one of the big hospital in town that offers free treatment but you buy their drugs. using humans as experiments. if you are in any hospital for operations and you see a corp member with a knife or injection run for your life.
awuf dey run bele,
its a known fact dat doc corpers are stil learnin,u kary ur papa go 4 cheap operatn,
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by LOVEGINO(m): 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2015
Naija Government be like (in Terry G voice) "do anyhow hey"
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by miqos02(m): 7:24pm On Nov 10, 2015
nice
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by sniperr007(m): 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2015
mignone:

very well... where they are better respected but their arrogant &unprofessional attitudes not tolerated

Lol. U very correct
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by barcaboi(m): 8:50pm On Nov 10, 2015
WombRaiders:

stop spewing trash.

All medical students are qualified doctors on graduation and FYI you dont go to service before graduating from Medical school.

Wasn't this the norm before?

can you imagine. ..u didn't even read the article b4 commenting. ..u just criticised without seeing what it contained......u just said what the article was all about
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by Vanpascore(m): 9:26pm On Nov 10, 2015
WombRaiders:
Liars!

The cant afford to pay their allowee any more.

Useless APC govt.

Well, if any body will suffer it will be the same northerners whose respective state govts depend wholly on NYSC graduates to fill in as Doctors and teachers.

Guy reason well, had it been u were a victim, yu will understand better. Infact their curriculum is schools need to be changed
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by Madeb: 9:28pm On Nov 10, 2015
WombRaiders:

And where does this allowance discrepancy come from? Isn't it becomes they are considered professional doctors during their service owing to the fact that the graduated from Medical school and that they are posted to hospitals as medical doctors?

olofo
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by Madeb: 9:35pm On Nov 10, 2015
[quote author=Madeb post=39888985][/quote] i can nw see that u ar a big fool. u cannt summarize a simple paragraph. Eleya
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by BetterChurch: 10:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
"Change is the unchanging law in the world of change" ~ Sri Harold Klemp
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by ExpensiveShit: 11:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
HARDDON:
Is this the way forward?

Imagine some1 that spent 6-7years in sch, waiting another year or two b4 embacking on service to father land!

They want them to grow grey hairs first huh?

No I disagree with you. I think its a very good move.

If you have had an encounter with or lost a loved one to a quack NYSC doctor, u wont be bothered with how long they take to become professionals.

Life na one, no duplicate.
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by Nobody: 5:07am On Nov 11, 2015
Most people don't see the reason behind this. They only come here to open this crocodile mouth to utter rubbish.
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by onyxo76(m): 6:27am On Nov 11, 2015
eaglechild:
After housemanship, doctors are given their permanent practicing license which is a requirement for service.

However, The Medical and dental council of Nigeria (MDCN) often delays the issuance of this license which can take up to 2 years after housemanship. This led to NYSC to loosen up and start accepting doctors who have evidence of completion of internship as they are deemed to be fully qualified.

Apparently, this has been explored by some miscreants leading NYSC to insist on the presentation of the permanent licenses.
Unfortunately, most doctors go for NYSC within weeks or few months after completion of internship which means that virtually none will have received the permanent license from the MDCN by the time they are ready to proceed for service. This automatically translates to disqualification of virtually all doctors who are due for service.
does it now take up to 2 years to get that permanent license? it was never like this in our days as fresh graduates/interns...i think i got mine within 3-5 months if i can remember correctly. With this development what will a fresh doctor be doing till he gets his FM number? just sit at home? Since most hospitals will not even accept someone who hasn't done NYSC...

1 Like

Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by Idokosolomon(m): 7:49am On Nov 11, 2015
I think is a wish decision to save peoples life
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by topsonjto(m): 7:58am On Nov 11, 2015
Freemanan:

Smh.... Did you even read the post? I guess you read only the caption.... Still smh
its d best.... u can be practising wen u r nt qualified.... imagine ursed treated by a supposed Dr. dt is nt qualified...
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 11, 2015
topsonjto:

its d best.... u can be practising wen u r nt qualified.... imagine ursed treated by a supposed Dr. dt is nt qualified...
Not a good one at all...
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by mignone(f): 10:29am On Nov 11, 2015
HARDDON:

it does not change no jack, besides, Nigerian Medicine is eons away from what is obtainable in the advanced world.

a jill is a jill, whether u keep him 4 more years or not

hmmm... so it is to read wide now&always ask questions frm one's docs. May God keep sparing us till we 'get there'
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by mignone(f): 10:34am On Nov 11, 2015
lebete3000:

Your last statement is wat I want to make clear...he was probably checking for d dose of a drug as there are million medications and he has to know d exact dose to give...ds things are really difficult to memorize and it takes years of practise to know dem off-hand. Even abroad in d USA you see walls where dosage of drugs commonly used are pasted for reference.

I've said it times without number Nigerian doctors are among the best in Africa, otherwise we won't we acing PLAB & USMLE which are int'l exams. Ofcourse they'll always be unserious students who probably escaped from medical school or bought their way through med school but most doctors are actually trying I can assure you of that.

I quite agree with u sir cos it never pays to assume; even in journalism, they say: when in doubt, ask bt u'll still agree wif me dt there are more incompetent hands these days (nt in d medical field alone anyway)bt theirs is more delicate, dealing wif lives
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by Enahi(f): 10:41am On Nov 11, 2015
I sincerely think the Federal government should scrap NYSC instead of coming up with silly excuses.

I guess the Federal government is broke and probably looking for ways to save money.
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by confun: 11:05am On Nov 11, 2015
lebete3000:

So what's different in what d FG said and one who has gotten his receipt for full licence registration. I don't think there's any difference in what FG is saying cos it's actually those who've gotten their licence dat usually went for service in d first place.
doc, what I heard abt d last nysc batch was that dey were not allowed to enter camp with dir receipt or evidence of payment, dey told dem to get d main permanent licence gangan at abuja, I heard some had to travel from dir diff state of deployment to abuja to get d licence, I don't know if its true bt I got d info from a reliable source, unlike d previous corpers who were allowed to enter with receipt or evidence of payment for d permanent licence, dt was actually why I made d comment u quoted..
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by confun: 11:11am On Nov 11, 2015
onyxo76:
does it now take up to 2 years to get that permanent license? it was never like this in our days as fresh graduates/interns...i think i got mine within 3-5 months if i can remember correctly. With this development what will a fresh doctor be doing till he gets his FM number? just sit at home? Since most hospitals will not even accept someone who hasn't done NYSC...
my oga, e don reach 2 yrs wey I finish housejob now o, I paid for my licence immediately after hjob, and I was given receipt, which I presented at d camp( was allowed then), till now dey neva give me d licence o, so assuming ds principle was applied dt time, it automatically means I may still be waiting for deployment till now o.....nonsense
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by ColeworldMD(m): 11:15am On Nov 11, 2015
HARDDON:
Is this the way forward?

Imagine some1 that spent 6-7years in sch, waiting another year or two b4 embacking on service to father land!

They want them to grow grey hairs first huh?
This is more or less a modification of the current regulation.. Medical graduates don't go for NYSC until the compulsory 1yr internship with which u obtain license to practice (an equivalent of law school). The problem now is that non medical graduates are forging their way through, hence the new regulation to present ur degree at ur primary place of assignment before commencement of service.
Now my problem is that this NYSC makes it extra 2 years after grad (8yrs w/out strike) before ones career starts. In my opinion, the service program should be scrapped for medical graduates, cuz the aim is defeated quite frankly!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by lebete3000: 2:55pm On Nov 11, 2015
confun:
doc, what I heard abt d last nysc batch was that dey were not allowed to enter camp with dir receipt or evidence of payment, dey told dem to get d main permanent licence gangan at abuja, I heard some had to travel from dir diff state of deployment to abuja to get d licence, I don't know if its true bt I got d info from a reliable source, unlike d previous corpers who were allowed to enter with receipt or evidence of payment for d permanent licence, dt was actually why I made d comment u quoted..

But I have a feeling there's something different in what FG is saying here. cos why is d news just coming out when since last 2batch ppl av been barred from camp without physical evidence of licence.

1 Like

Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by confun: 3:04pm On Nov 11, 2015
lebete3000:

But I have a feeling there's something different in what FG is saying here. cos why is d news just coming out when since last 2batch ppl av been barred from camp without physical evidence of licence.
well, u may be right sha....
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by Chunyelu: 11:23am On May 14, 2020
Medical doctors needed urgently in Anambra.contact ikchunyelu@gmail.com
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by Darlingboy4sure(m): 12:34pm On May 14, 2020
This is serious!
Further delay for medical graduates.

Those already serving now, will feel like singing Top of the world by Dbang
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by success97: 11:57am On May 16, 2020
Darlingboy4sure:
This is serious!
Further delay for medical graduates.

Those already serving now, will feel like singing Top of the world by Dbang

Didn't u check the date of this post?
It's at 2015. So it's no new thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

RiversRerun: NYSC Confirms Killing Of A Corper During Election / Dwarf Corper Leads Parade, Wows Other Corpers (Video) / Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.