Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement (1296 Views)

Igbo Youths Launch Anti-biafra Movement, Slam Nnamdi Kanu / BREAKING: Northern Governor Joins Biafra Movement, Wants Freedom -- BNN / UK Reuters: Decades After Nigeria's War, New Biafra Movement Grows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by Vyolet(f): 4:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
Hello,brothers and sisters from the south eastern part of Nigeria most especially the probiafrans.
I have noticed how far the Biafra movement is going and I commend the zeal of every individual towards achieving the Biafran nation.
I have a few questions to ask and I sincerely hope to get enlightened from here.
1. How do you intend to bring every Igbo together? Is it that every Igbo scattered in all part of Nigeria will move to the East and abandone their great investments?
2. What are the benefits set aside to enjoy in the Biafra nation?
3. How do you intend to get money to run the nation?
4. Who are the overall sponsors of the movement?
5. What protection do these sponsors have in place for the "foot soldiers"?
6. Are you prepared for war?
There are other questions I wish to ask but I need answers to these few first. I am very much interested in the movement and so I need to be enlightened.
Thanks.
Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by eleko1: 4:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
Biafrans are clueless/directioness/confused pipu.Only miscreants are protesting.
Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by dammytosh: 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
Biafra is the only stagnant movement that makes Newton's law of motion look questionable.
Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by Scholes007(m): 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2015
Vyolet:
Hello,brothers and sisters from the south eastern part of Nigeria most especially the probiafrans.
I have noticed how far the Biafra movement is going and I commend the zeal of every individual towards achieving the Biafran nation.
I have a few questions to ask and I sincerely hope to get enlightened from here.
in as must as i like Biafra to be a nation of its own in the possible future if this political structure continues or at least have a relatively semi autonomy within nigeria in a well restructured/unbiased system of things. i will not sit back and watch people with ill-cooked logic spreed their ugly propaganda against my people with a so called elders statesman(the ugly obj) calling my people miscremts
1. How do you intend to bring every Igbo together? Is it that every Igbo scattered in all part of Nigeria will move to the East and abandoned their great investments?
how have you brought nigerians together, are nigerians not living outside the country or did their host countries take the investments? This question is very shabby and lacks logic
how are other nations financed, what makes a nation if not sense of oneness where no one will tell you are 5%, where people will not say we are managing you, where you wouldn't be regard as a threat just because you are from an area, where no one will not wake up say openly we will make the nation ungovernorable, where they will be love for one's nation and many more. Do this exist in nigeria? If no forget about biafra an channel your energy in making nigeria better else expect this kind of actions when ever some people feels short changed as what happened with the growth of boko haram.
a city foot soldiers? Indeed this is what i have been saying making of unguilded derogatory statements about others shows the kind of love
There are other questions I wish to ask but I need answers to these few first. I am very much interested in the movement and so I need to be enlightened.
Thanks.
i think the last question is too barbaric and it is one of the reason people will keep asking for secession. Instead of asking what is the reason for this cry of secession?, what can we do about it? You are talking of war in this 21st century. Do you think nigeria it'self is ready for war.

6 Likes

Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by Vyolet(f): 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
Scholes007:
in as must as i like Biafra to be a nation of its own in the possible future if this political structure continues or at least have a relatively semi autonomy within nigeria in a well restructured/unbiased system of things. i will not sit back and watch people with ill-cooked logic spreed their ugly propaganda against my people with a so called elders statesman(the ugly obj) calling my people miscremts
how have you brought nigerians together, are nigerians not living outside the country or did their host countries take the investments? This question is very shabby and lacks logic
how are other nations financed, what makes a nation if not sense of oneness where no one will tell you are 5%, where people will not say we are managing you, where you wouldn't be regard as a threat just because you are from an area, where no one will not wake up say openly we will make the nation ungovernorable, where they will be love for one's nation and many more. Do this exist in nigeria? If no forget about biafra an channel your energy in making nigeria better else expect this kind of actions when ever some people feels short changed as what happened with the growth of boko haram.
a city foot soldiers? Indeed this is what i have been saying making of unguilded derogatory statements about others shows the kind of love
i think the last question is too barbaric and it is one of the reason people will keep asking for secession. Instead of asking what is the reason for this cry of secession?, what can we do about it? You are talking of war in this 21st century. Do you think nigeria it'self is ready for war.
Your first paragraph centres on a partial reason why you want Biafra I.e,if the present Nigeria Political structure continues this way. Have you forgotten the system has been like this for almost a decade? Why hasn't been a strong call for seccession.

Secondly,you mentioned that other Nigerians live outside Nigeria therefore a biafrian can live in Nigeria,really? Why would a Biafrian want to live in a country he loates so much?

You didn't answer my question on sponsors and how the biaran nation would be run.

Someone regards you as 5% and that is the enough reason to secede?

I asked if the probiafrans are ready for war because that is what they are drumming,I have read countless comments here where threats are issued and I watched on channelstv the other day where a lady and some guys claim if they do not release kanu,something else might happen,isn't that a call for war?
Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by dialfa: 5:23pm On Nov 10, 2015
I remember when the British asked Ghandi these same questions.
Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 10, 2015
eleko1:
Biafrans are clueless/directioness/confused pipu.Only miscreants are protesting.
There's no point for this. The op is simply asking a question.
Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by Scholes007(m): 5:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
Vyolet:

Your first paragraph centres on a partial reason why you want Biafra I.e,if the present Nigeria Political structure continues this way. Have you ftorgotten the system has been like this for almost a decade? Why hasn't been a strong call for seccession.

Secondly,you mentioned that other Nigerians live outside Nigeria therefore a biafrian can live in Nigeria,really? Why would a Biafrian want to live in a country he loates so much?

You didn't answer my question on sponsors and how the biaran nation would be run.

I asked if the probiafrans are ready for war because that is what they are drumming,I have read countless comments here where threats are issued and I watched on channelstv the other day where a lady and some guys claim if they do not release kanu,something else might happen,isn't that a call for war?

the call for biafra have been there for the same past decades if you dont know.
Why is it on the rise now? Well it is because of the utterances of someone who is suppose to be the president of united nigeria.
...Imagine a president openingly saying he will give 5% to people who gave him 5%. Then where is the democracy? Is it you most vote me or it is rigged, corrupt and so on. The simple fact is that buhari's actions and utterances has been too divisive there by opening old wounds. About war? Those guys said their opinion which they are entitled to. Then i ask why should nnamdi kalu be arrested while people like jumaid walk about freely? Simple that arrest alone is a threat to the unity of the nation. This is one of the technicall blunders of this administration. If you want to make arrest on an issue do it holistically or don't try it. They should release him and see how this things die down. Make the people feel they are not threatened. If you look closely you will notice that people that support this are not miscremt as the old fool termed it. They are learned men,women and youths who feel threatened. Imagine the high tendency of dictatorship exhibited at the tribunals. Does that speak well for peace?
Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by Vyolet(f): 6:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
Scholes007:
Why is it on the rise now? Well it is because of the utterances of someone who is suppose to be the president of united nigeria.
...Imagine a president openingly saying he will give 5% to people who gave him 5%. Then where is the democracy? Is it you most vote me or it is rigged, corrupt and so on. The simple fact is that buhari's actions and utterances has been too divisive there by opening old wounds. About war? Those guys said their opinion which they are entitled to. Then i ask why should nnamdi kalu be arrested while people like jumaid walk about freely? Simple that arrest alone is a threat to the unity of the nation. This is one of the technicall blunders of this administration. If you want to make arrest on an issue do it holistically or don't try it. They should release him and see how this things die down. Make the people feel they are not threatened. If you look closely you will notice that people that support this are not miscremt as the old fool termed it. They are learned men,women and youths who feel threatened. Imagine the high tendency of dictatorship exhibited at the tribunals. Does that speak well for peace?
Hmmm,you have spoken from your heart prolly like a true biafran.
I maintain though that those reasons are not enough to want secession.
I think Nnamdi Kanu is the architect of his own arrest because of the hate filled messages he spread while outside the country. He could have called for the movement peacefully and not with threats as no one is a threats to the probiafrans.

I am indifferent about the secession though,I'm only worried about the way your people are going about it.

I can only urge Igbos to channel this energy into how the southeast can further be developed by entrenching accountability in the management of states by the governors.
Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by Scholes007(m): 6:47pm On Nov 10, 2015
Vyolet:

I think Nnamdi Kanu is the architect of his own arrest because of the hate filled messages he spread while outside the country. He could have called for the movement peacefully and not with threats as no one is a threats to the probiafrans.

I am indifferent about the secession though,I'm only worried about the way your people are going about it.

I can only urge Igbos to channel this energy into how the southeast can further be developed by entrenching accountability in the management of states by the governors.
now we are on the same page. Lets look at things as it is.
Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by Gr8amechi: 7:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
Scholes007:
be honest, how many tribunals have passed judgement that is strange?? That has never been witnessed in our democracy

1 Like

Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by Scholes007(m): 7:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
Gr8amechi:
be honest, how many tribunals have passed judgement that is strange?? That has never been witnessed in our democracy
the ones in akwa ibom, and rivers are just a cook up. If you are actually on ground you will know this. Too many propaganda will not show the reality on ground
Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 10, 2015
Vyolet:

Do you really want to be enlightened or you want to enlighten?

1 Like

Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by Gr8amechi: 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2015
Scholes007:
the once in akwa ibom, and rivers are just a cook up. If you are actually on ground you will know this. Too many propaganda will not show the reality on ground
see one thing about PDP is the party behaves like if it is cursed, normally PDP will win those states but they were not confident of themselves why did they rig the election?? Same thing happened in delta state even the speakers case is similar he would have won but had his hands stained, another thing we all failed to acknowledge is law can be twisted depending on you interpretation, APC are very good with court cases if you doubt check majority of cases were won by former units of APC than PDP just look at the Taraba as case study, they didn't argue that they won, base the premise was the criteria in feeding PDP candidate, so you see why didn't PDP do the right thing??
Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by Liberty101: 8:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
Guys please let me just ask a question though am derailing the topic shaa but I just want an answer to my question. When Nnamdi Kanu was arrested, one of the bail condition given to grant him bail is that he should provide a level 16 civil servant. Here my question goes.... What did they need the level 16 civil servant for ?
Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by basilo101: 12:42am On Nov 11, 2015
Vyolet:

Your first paragraph centres on a partial reason why you want Biafra I.e,if the present Nigeria Political structure continues this way. Have you forgotten the system has been like this for almost a decade? Why hasn't been a strong call for seccession.

How many more times shall we address this nonesense? are ppl suffering from memory loss?

1 Like

Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by Vyolet(f): 10:12am On Nov 11, 2015
Reyginus:
Do you really want to be enlightened or you want to enlighten?
I have gotten what I wanted,after that,i gave my candid opinion.
basilo101:

How many more times shall we address this nonesense? are ppl suffering from memory loss?
I have not seen where it has been addressed,I'm not a frequent member of this section. However, you may wish to shed light on that rather than resort to insults.
Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 11, 2015
Vyolet:

I have gotten what I wanted,after that,i gave my candid opinion.

I have not seen where it has been addressed,I'm not a frequent member of this section. However, you may wish to shed light on that rather than resort to insults.
Lolol. You have it already just reading from a few? Lol. The Danger of a Single Story. But then we are already made up on what to agree on for the story to really appeal to us.
Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by Vyolet(f): 10:22am On Nov 11, 2015
Reyginus:
Lolol. You have it already just reading from a few? Lol. The Danger of a Single Story. But then we are already made up on what to agree on for the story to really appeal to us.
Not him alone,I took time to read other piece too from different threads and online,I tried to filter the hatefilled comments so I could understand the actual reason for the agitation. However though,I'm not convinced hence my wishes for development of SE rather than secession.
Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 11, 2015
Vyolet:

Not him alone,I took time to read other piece too from different threads and online,I tried to filter the hatefilled comments so I could understand the actual reason for the agitation. However though,I'm not convinced hence my wishes for development of SE rather than secession.
So what did you find? I mean their actual reason according to you.
Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by jimi4us: 11:13am On Nov 11, 2015
Op na amala head, so please ignore him.
Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 11, 2015
Vyolet:
1. How do you intend to bring every Igbo together? Is it that every Igbo scattered in all part of Nigeria will move to the East and abandoned their great investments?
Thanks.

The Yoruba has asked this same question more than 10,000 times on nairaland.

Please it's not ur business.
Re: I Need Enlightenment On The Biafra Movement by theDEVILisHERE: 11:32am On Nov 11, 2015
Vyolet:
Thanks.

Don't worry about biafra and Biafrans
Everything is in place for the restoration of Biafra

Worry more about how you and your people can free themselves from the shakles of the british slave nigga camp called "nigga area" aka Nigeria

As for Biafra
Its a done deal

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pictures From The Bombing Of Syria By France (very Graphic Pictures) / Hilarious: See Former President Obasanjo Twit About Sahara Reporters (photo) / President Buhari Appoints Personal Assistant New Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.