Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

BIAFRA: Whose Interest? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BIAFRA: Whose Interest? (913 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BIAFRA: Whose Interest? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 10, 2015
The recent wave of a rejuvenated interest in Biafra has got me really thinking what the agitators have got to gain. NOTHING!, in my humble opinion other than massive death, severe starvation, bitterness, and a renewed hatred for the Igbo tribe from the North, West and Southern Nigeria tribes, as was the case during the first civil war.

Interestingly, I have not found an elite or a single elderly Igbo person who is supporting this new cause, I mean those that witnessed the civil war first hand, you probably wouldn't find one, I think they know what's up and know far better than those '1 Million' youths marching for the realization of Biafra. Affliction shall not rise up the second time - Nahum 1:9 (elderly Igbo people are gray enough to understand this verse of the Holy Scriptures better, but the youths are too green to comprehend the message therein).

Over the years, I have read different accounts of the Civil war. My Command- Olusegun Obasanjo, There was a Country- Chinua Achebe, Because I am involved-Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu, BIAFRA STORY: The making of an African Legend- Frederick Forsyth and Brig. Gen. Godwin Alabi-Isama's well documented account- Tragedy of Victory- Godwin Alabi-Isama (I hope Gen Gowon publishes his account soon), have also heard some oral account during my visits to Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Imo,Anambra and even Northern Cross-River State where the first shot was fired at Gakem.

These accounts speaks volume. Nigeria stagnated, Biafra was devastated- Benjamin Adekunle flexed his muscles wasting innocent lives on the Biafra side and the almighty Oganigwe Bomb showed its ingenuity by dismembering body parts of the Federal soldiers. What was achieved at the end? NOTHING!, This led to the 'No Victor, No Vanquished' speech by Gen Gowon in 1970.

Come 2015, 45 years after the surrender of the Biafra soldiers, and the full absorption of the 'Biafrans' back into Nigeria, they have occupied virtually all positions in Nigeria, and only the lack of unity amongst them have caused them the opportunity of producing an N'digbo President. What else do they want? What cause are they fighting? Ohh, Nnamdi Kanu?? He's activities and actions at Radio Biafra are tresonable going by the law (Section 37(1b) of the Criminal Code Act) so allow him to defend himself and face the consequences of his actions. Well, maybe the dream is to be like Monaco, Catalonia or even The Vatican.

Today, I heartily enjoin all my Igbo brothers and sisters to please desist from actions and activities that are not in the best interest of Nigeria's unity, especially now that Nigeria is experiencing gradual positive change that we all can see, feel and experience.

I'd like to conclude with this beautiful quote by J.K Rowling: “We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as
we are divided", and another sweet one from the legendary Bob Marley: "One love, one heart . . .Let’s get together and feel all right "

God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

¤Selesi Olawale¤

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Whose Interest? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 10, 2015
Biafra is for the interest of Biafrans.nigeria does not have and cannot hold our interest. Long live Biafra.

4 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Whose Interest? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
With all this epistle...
Wetyn concern you with biafra...?

God bless the Republic of Nigeria... Why not face Nigeria...?

Must you talk about biafra to be relevant...
How many articles have you written for the upliftment of the Yorubas....?

Leave biafra alone... Leave it alone please ooooooo.
Tifiakwa

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Whose Interest? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 14, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
With all this epistle...
Wetyn concern you with biafra...?

God bless the Republic of Nigeria... Why not face Nigeria...?

Must you talk about biafra to be relevant...
How many articles have you written for the upliftment of the Yorubas....?

Leave biafra alone... Leave it alone please ooooooo.
Tifiakwa
My friend I wouldn't even bother if it does not concern me. There's a proverb in Yoruba that says "Iroru igi ni iroru eye" which simply means- The measure of peace, stillness and tranquility that a tree enjoys is the same measure a bird sitting on it will enjoy. A word is enough for the wise my brother.

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Whose Interest? by EasternLion: 6:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
UNKNOWNSOJA:
My friend I wouldn't even bother if it does not concern me. There's a proverb in Yoruba that says "Iroru igi ni iroru eye" which simply means- The measure of peace, stillness and tranquility that a tree enjoys is the same measure a bird sitting on it will enjoy. A word is enough for the wise my brother.

Getaway you there
Re: BIAFRA: Whose Interest? by T9ksy(m): 6:27pm On Nov 14, 2015
UNKNOWNSOJA:

Unfortunately, you have just wasted your time 'cause your "brother" and his ilk are unwise and myopic. They can't see beyond their nose. This was the sme way, ojukwu promised Awo that his fight was with the Hausa/fulanis who were slaughtering his people in the north like 'roaches but no sooner did he ojukwu embark on his fatal offensive and Yoruba land was his next port of call aside the Midwest region.

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Whose Interest? by Trut(m): 6:32pm On Nov 14, 2015
Baboons and Monkeys in the zoo will never seize to create anti Biafra thread every minute. Dem use Biafra matter swear for una?

I spit on you Baboons and Monkeys.

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Whose Interest? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2015
Trut:
Baboons and Monkeys in the zoo will never seize to create anti Biafra thread every minute. Dem use Biafra matter swear for una?

I spit on you Baboons and Monkeys.
I assume you av a university degree, cuz every jack and jones has one these days. My only regret for your father is that he shld has invested his hard earned money on Baba Ijebu or bet9ja...he would have had a higher Return on Investment than his investment on you. Grow up and speak your mind in a constructive manner and not abuse people's personality.
Re: BIAFRA: Whose Interest? by Horus(m): 12:45pm On Dec 01, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CdX32JGczw

[size=15pt]"Biafrans Are Better-of Staying in The United Nigeria" - Igbo Conscience Group[/size]

The Igbo Conscience (TIC) led by Barrister Monday Ubani hosts a Press Conference in Lagos, dismissing the renewed agitation for the State of Biafra as a misplaced effort. In one of the series comments during the conference, Joe Igbokwe said "Biafra is history".

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Whose Interest? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CdX32JGczw

[size=15pt]"Biafrans Are Better-of Staying in The United Nigeria" - Igbo Conscience Group[/size]

The Igbo Conscience (TIC) led by Barrister Monday Ubani hosts a Press Conference in Lagos, dismissing the renewed agitation for the State of Biafra as a misplaced effort. In one of the series comments during the conference, Joe Igbokwe said "Biafra is history".
Tell dem make dem hear! Biafra is dead and forgotten! We need ourselves to survive.
Re: BIAFRA: Whose Interest? by Spicygal: 11:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
UNKNOWNSOJA:

The recent wave of a rejuvenated interest in Biafra has got me really thinking what the agitators have got to gain. NOTHING!, in my humble opinion other than massive death, severe starvation, bitterness, and a renewed hatred for the Igbo tribe from the North, West and Southern Nigeria tribes, as was the case during the first civil war.

Interestingly, I have not found an elite or a single elderly Igbo person who is supporting this new cause, I mean those that witnessed the civil war first hand, you probably wouldn't find one, I think they know what's up and know far better than those '1 Million' youths marching for the realization of Biafra. Affliction shall not rise up the second time - Nahum 1:9 (elderly Igbo people are gray enough to understand this verse of the Holy Scriptures better, but the youths are too green to comprehend the message therein).

Over the years, I have read different accounts of the Civil war. My Command- Olusegun Obasanjo, There was a Country- Chinua Achebe, Because I am involved-Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu, BIAFRA STORY: The making of an African Legend- Frederick Forsyth and Brig. Gen. Godwin Alabi-Isama's well documented account- Tragedy of Victory- Godwin Alabi-Isama (I hope Gen Gowon publishes his account soon), have also heard some oral account during my visits to Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Imo,Anambra and even Northern Cross-River State where the first shot was fired at Gakem.

These accounts speaks volume. Nigeria stagnated, Biafra was devastated- Benjamin Adekunle flexed his muscles wasting innocent lives on the Biafra side and the almighty Oganigwe Bomb showed its ingenuity by dismembering body parts of the Federal soldiers. What was achieved at the end? NOTHING!, This led to the 'No Victor, No Vanquished' speech by Gen Gowon in 1970.

Come 2015, 45 years after the surrender of the Biafra soldiers, and the full absorption of the 'Biafrans' back into Nigeria, they have occupied virtually all positions in Nigeria, and only the lack of unity amongst them have caused them the opportunity of producing an N'digbo President. What else do they want? What cause are they fighting? Ohh, Nnamdi Kanu?? He's activities and actions at Radio Biafra are tresonable going by the law (Section 37(1b) of the Criminal Code Act) so allow him to defend himself and face the consequences of his actions. Well, maybe the dream is to be like Monaco, Catalonia or even The Vatican.

Today, I heartily enjoin all my Igbo brothers and sisters to please desist from actions and activities that are not in the best interest of Nigeria's unity, especially now that Nigeria is experiencing gradual positive change that we all can see, feel and experience.

I'd like to conclude with this beautiful quote by J.K Rowling: “We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as
we are divided", and another sweet one from the legendary Bob Marley: "One love, one heart . . .Let’s get together and feel all right "

God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

¤Selesi Olawale¤

My brother it is in every ones interest for Biafra to exist. Nigeria is too big and complex. Like they say marriage is not by force. At the very least let us be a United Nations of Nigeria like in the Middle East. FLet each nation run their own economy. Imagine a SW without Igbos, with Fashola as president and Fayemi as VP. Yes we will hav initial teething problems but we will overcome it easily. We have Oil, Bitumen and an array of minerals.
Re: BIAFRA: Whose Interest? by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 03, 2015
[quote author=Spicygal post=40631064]

My brother it is in every ones interest for Biafra to exist. Nigeria is too big and complex. Like they say marriage is not by force. At the very least let us be a United Nations of Nigeria like in the Middle East. FLet each nation run their own economy. Imagine a SW without Igbos, with Fashola as president and Fayemi as VP. Yes we will hav initial teething problems but we will overcome it easily. We have Oil, Bitumen and an array of minerals.
My Sister what would you call the US if Nigeria is too big and complex?? Of course I agree with you that marriage is not by force
, but those whose 'marriage' are broken, what has been their gain?? Are they faring better? South Sudan is a classic example. The Igbos are very important to the commerce of Nigeria, you would find an Igbo man selling wares in almost all villages of Nigeria, no matter how remote or how agrarian. Also these Igbo business men and women depend largely on non-igbos to buy their wares. Now you see that we need each other. Spicygal do you know that some Southeastern states have not gotten over the horror of the civil war till today? Bende in Abia state is an example; I have been there, and I know this firsthand. Tell Ifeanyi Uba of Capital Oil about Biafra and he might shoot you in the head immediately, lol..he knows what's at stake. Even Ndigbo did not support Rochas Okorocha...their very own, when he attempted to contest for the presidency, so do you expect to grow in this our political field where majority carries the vote. Ndigbo should learn from our Aboki brothers in the North the definition of 'support'. You seem to be a reasonable person and I do respect you opinion.
Re: BIAFRA: Whose Interest? by zendy: 1:41am On Dec 03, 2015
Nigeria was just a "get rich quick" scheme setup by the British con artist called Lugard. Lugard has gone back home, it is time for us to drop that stupid name 'Nigerian' which he gave us, assume our original names and go back home too
Re: BIAFRA: Whose Interest? by Spicygal: 1:41am On Dec 03, 2015
[quote author=UNKNOWNSOJA post=40632514][/quote]

Thank you. I am not prescribing we drive the Igbos out or force them to Biafra, I have a lot of ties with Igbos both personally and professionally. But rather than war, let's go our separate ways, rather than genocide, let's separate.

Yes the Igbos are currently at the forefront of commerce but have failed to realize that commerce thrives because there is a demand. Simply, there is a seller because there is a buyer. They believe that if they withdraw from Nigeria. The economy I'll crash. They fail to see that as long as demand remains supply will come. Others eventually will source for ways to me demands.

They however will have an aggregate of suppliers, when supply outweighs demands, what happens?

We need each other, we are better together but none is doing the other a favour.

Rather than a Liberia, a Rewanda! A Congo, let Biafra go! We gave nothing to loose.

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Whose Interest? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2015
Spicygal:

Thank you. I am not prescribing we drive the Igbos out or force them to Biafra, I have a lot of ties with Igbos both personally and professionally. But rather than war, let's go our separate ways, rather than genocide, let's separate.

Yes the Igbos are currently at the forefront of commerce but have failed to realize that commerce thrives because there is a demand. Simply, there is a seller because there is a buyer. They believe that if they withdraw from Nigeria. The economy I'll crash. They fail to see that as long as demand remains supply will come. Others eventually will source for ways to me demands.

They however will have an aggregate of suppliers, when supply outweighs demands, what happens?

We need each other, we are better together but none is doing the other a favour.

Rather than a Liberia, a Rewanda! A Congo, let Biafra go! We gave nothing to loose.
I see we are on the same page now. Your submission is top notch. Bless UP!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bald & Frail Diezani Allison Covers Boss Newspaper, Says She Did Not Steal / (picture) Deziani Allison : Then And Now.. / Nigeria Will Arrest Its Ex-security Chief For $2 Billion Arms Fraud While Boko H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.