Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times (1554 Views)

London Sun Times - Nigeria Should Let Biafra To Go / London Sun Times - Nigeria Should Let Biafra To Go / Nigeria Has Expired (1914-2014). It Time To Let Biafra Go - UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
This article which was published on London Sun Times Newspaper on November 7th, 2015 is making its rounds on Nigerian news forums and Social media. While some see such article as a possible indicator of changing attitudes, the British Government has remained mute over this matter. This does not mean that because Britain was the colonial administrator of Nigeria and actually the originator of forming the nation called Nigeria by merging the Northern, and Southern protectorates, that the decision on this matter would be made by Britain. Far from that.

As in cases before this, the United Nations plays a greater role in such situations as was the case in Southern Sudan recently. But the fact of the matter is that Nigerians would have to make this decision by themselves. There are demands for Biafra independence by IPOB and MASSOB and othesr, there are also demands for separation being pushed by Odua for the West and even in the Niger Delta there are building sentiments on this matter as well. Some in the north have called for the formation of Arewa Republic different from Boko Haram that wants to form an Islamic Caliphate in the northeast region of Nigeria.

It appears that many Nigerians are now more open to this question. Everyone seems to agree that Nigeria will not fight any more wars as was the case from 1967-1970 during the Nigeria-Biafra war when estimated 1-2 million lives perished largely due to hunger and malnutrition. Many people particularly older generation of Nigerians are still traumatized by that war fatigue experience. The immediate trigger and resurgence of the Biafra independence was the result of the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu which created a rallying cause for many people particularly in the South East and South South regions. Of all these groups Biafra group seem to have gone further in this push for independence than other groups, and already have Flags, National colors and even a National anthem.

www.africabusinessworld.com/nigeria-should-let-biafra-go-article-published-on-london-sun-times/2015/11/09/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times by eleko1: 10:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
Bia sad undecided.We nor chain them.Dey shud go back to where they come from >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Somalia /Sudan and Cameroon border is open for them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
Freedom beckons...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times by shobroy10(m): 10:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
first of all thats not real and second of all this ppl agitating for B.F are cry baby i dont see anything new in there sense of agitation from those in the far past

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 10, 2015
Correct

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 10, 2015
shobroy10:
first of all thats not real and second of all this ppl agitating for B.F are cry baby i dont see anything new in there sense of agitation from those in the far past

THERE are everything new...
The change of name alone is a very big difference.

I will prefer answering biafran nationalist to Nigerian nationalist or citizen

Peace

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times by asvpChuu(m): 10:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
grin view my signature
Re: Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times by eleko1: 11:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
TonyeBarcanista com see dis white winch undecided.My pipu,nah sleep I dey so,work dey tomorrow. cool
Re: Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:05pm On Nov 10, 2015
eleko1:
TonyeBarcanista com see dis white winch undecided.My pipu,nah sleep I dey so,work dey tomorrow. cool
I don't think I'm against their Biafra. But it is for them and theirs alone.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 11, 2015
Anybody that is supporting one Nigeria is an enemy of progress, we can't continue under this forceful amalgamation by UK, Nigeria need restructuring for us to move forward either we go for regionalization or 3 separate countries. Thank God that oil has been discovered in commercial quantity in Chad basin. Nothing is working in Nigeria, bombing here and there

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times by Nobody: 1:58am On Nov 11, 2015
Bullets no dey penetrate Biafrans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1DRG7j3FG0
Re: Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times by FacelessPatriot: 3:02am On Nov 11, 2015
seun, lalasticlala, obinoscopy...na international media carry this one nau...what are thou waitest for? huh grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times by billionbliss: 3:12am On Nov 11, 2015
My point is clear...PMB should release Nnamdi Kalu so as peace to reign. Am not supporting any but I know that PMB hates Igbos but he should go to hell with that. For peace sake release him

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times by omenka(m): 4:45am On Nov 11, 2015
And they keep lying to themselves just to massage their towering egos. What a pity. This photoshop was probably done by some illiterate IPOD youth- the diction is very poor.

Imagine a supposed British journalist sounding like some uneducated street urchin with the "to" in the sentence when it shouldn't be there at all. Then again, the bold picture in the centre of the page is that of someone TOTALLY unrelated to the story on the page.

You guys should keep lying to yourselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times by Nobody: 5:47am On Nov 11, 2015
omenka:
And they keep lying to themselves just to massage their towering egos. What a pity. This photoshop was probably done by some illiterate IPOD youth- the diction is very poor.

Imagine a supposed British journalist sounding like some uneducated street urchin with the "to" in the sentence when it shouldn't be there at all. Then again, the bold picture in the centre of the page is that of someone TOTALLY unrelated to the story on the page.

You guys should keep lying to yourselves.

If PMB had ignored Kanu, just as Jonathan did, we would not have been in this shit. Whether the above is Photoshoped or not, things are really getting out of hand.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times by M4gunners: 6:36am On Nov 11, 2015
Let my people go.We are tired of leaving with fear in our Country.
Re: Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times by otukpo(f): 6:47am On Nov 11, 2015
If really the south eastern states want to break away from Nigeria, they should be allowed to go in peace

Self determination is a right.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Let Biafra Go-article Published On London Sun Times by SpaceTour: 6:57am On Nov 11, 2015
Who are you to decide for your people? Are you worth being a mere family leader talk more of a village or community head? In what capacity can you influence anybody? Nairaland?

Please stop constitute yourself into a nuisance and seeking cheap attention. Go and get busy for once, nairaland is not as an office. Quit camping on Nairaland every night and day.. cool

TonyeBarcanista:

I don't think I'm against their Biafra. But it is for them and theirs alone.

(1) (Reply)

In Biafra I See The Desperation Of Young Men Who Are Not Willing To Give Up, / Breaking News: Shekau In New Video Declares End To Hostilities, [watch Video]… U / See How Nigerian Multi Billionaires Are Spending Money At A Party(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.