Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,270 members, 7,839,355 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 (38858 Views)

Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED / Nigeria’s GDP Crashes To 25-year Low / Buhari Slashes Federal Ministries To 25 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by ewenla1234(m): 8:03am On Nov 11, 2015
Good Morning friends.
I hear say President Of Northern Republic Of Nigeria
Sacks EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Lamorde and Appoints Magu
As Chairman ?
Hahaha! This is gradually getting very hilarious and exciting. So there's know more good incorruptible and
competent people in the south, east and west ?
Shame to you all the South and East leaders.
And if you want to defend Buhari's pattern of
appointments, i think your best bet would be to tell us
how Southern Nigeria are so corrupt that it will be hard to find men of integrity in other region.
In fact, PMB advisers are not helping him by not letting
him know that Nigeria is too big for appointments into
key national positions to be confined to a region,
irrespective of whatever personal criteria being used.
This is a bad precedent in a multi ethnic country like Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 11, 2015
Brilliant method! smiley
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by phemflex90(m): 8:08am On Nov 11, 2015
golor:

U said it all,if dis gvt fail us,then I swear 9ja is in trouble.
only you in trouble. Nigeria will surely move forward.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by menix(m): 8:10am On Nov 11, 2015
texazzpete:

Dolt, is this not 'work'?

And if he is nko?

I will elope with you to Burundi..
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by freshvine(f): 8:10am On Nov 11, 2015
Check out the composition of this so called permanent secretaries and their ministerial positing.

This Boko Haram appointed negotiator is an unrepentant tribalist.
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Saay1(m): 8:16am On Nov 11, 2015
watered:
Bubu do as you like. Time and chance happeneth to them all.

"Life is like a ball, the one who is at the top today will be at the bottom tomorrow and the one who is at the bottom today will be at the top tomorrow" -Nelson Mandela
thumb up for you

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 11, 2015
menix:

I will elope with you to Burundi..
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Mbilla(m): 8:24am On Nov 11, 2015
Burger01:
This is brilliant of Buhari. Buhari is a wise president, unlike a drunkard and wasteful ex-president we used to knowundecided

Sai Buhari 2019smiley

Haters can hang and commit suicide for all I careundecided
Have u see why every tribes in Nigeria see u hypocrites Yoruba's as animals with two scratch faces. U hypocrites Yoruba's will be the first to called Igbos chest bitters and that they play tribal politics. But yet u tribalism Yoruba's are the most noisemakers propaganda tribe in Nigeria. Just see as u slave praises ur Fulani master for doing nothing rather than causing the death of 1000 people including Nigerian youths corps members in 2011 because his lost an election and you f.o.o.l called a peaceful man like Goodluck Jonathan drunkard and wasteful ex-president just because he accepted defect in election for me and u not running helter-shelter looking for where to hide. Listen poky, Nigeria ex-president Goodluck Jonathan is not wasteful like ur lazy rapist father in South West. Goodluck Jonathn is the father of African real democracy..... The leader of the Commonwealth Elections Observer Group.
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by menix(m): 8:26am On Nov 11, 2015
Oyind17:

Ur own nah special nah, me nd you go spend 2yrs for Mogadishu..
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by jidebaba69(m): 8:27am On Nov 11, 2015
The only way to go by cutting down on all wastage in the civil service. It is the best option.
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 11, 2015
menix:
Ur own nah special nah, me nd you go spend 2yrs for Mogadishu..
Cheerful giver
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:28am On Nov 11, 2015
shadelek:
I knew from the start that this man has positive plans for this country. The only problem is that Nigerians can not wait to see miracles happening. Take it, this man is our saviour but it will take him a longer period of time to rebuild what has been damaged for the past 16yrs by the so called PDP. Long Live Federal Republic of Nigeria, Long Live President Mohammed Buhari, Long Live Nigerians.
With the same Obj and Ameachi that were under PDP for d 16yrs?
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by menix(m): 8:34am On Nov 11, 2015
Oyind17:

Cheerful giver

U re jealous, I ain't gay cous He is a dude...
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by VISTIN(m): 8:37am On Nov 11, 2015
shadelek:
I knew from the start that this man has positive plans for this country. The only problem is that Nigerians can not wait to see miracles happening. Take it, this man is our saviour but it will take him a longer period of time to rebuild what has been damaged for the past 16yrs by the so called PDP. Long Live Federal Republic of Nigeria, Long Live President Mohammed Buhari, Long Live Nigerians.

You so much like living in your past.

Was it PDP that took over from Britain? Was it PDP from 1960? Is this administration about APC and PDP, or Buhari as a perceived good individual? Who were PDP and who are today's APC?

Let's give our support to "Sectional" Buhari and pray he succeeds.
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by baba11(m): 8:40am On Nov 11, 2015
dammytosh:
Welcome development.

Looking at how thing will unfold in the coming months, then we do a constructive assessment of the admnistration not some 'We lose election and he pain us' kind of craps called write ups.
If I'm not mistaken, you're referring to wailing wailers cheesy grin shocked shocked cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by naijalodge(m): 8:44am On Nov 11, 2015
<del>normal</del> welcome development
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by frenchboy(m): 8:44am On Nov 11, 2015
Wailer food is ready

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by 4C2215131: 8:51am On Nov 11, 2015
vivianblog1:
AHEAD of Wednesday’s (today) inauguration of 36 ministers-designate, there were indications on Tuesday that President Muhammadu Buhari, had reduced the number of federal ministries to 25 from about 29.

Under the new dispensation, the ministries of police affairs, aviation and special duties appear to have been scrapped while ministries of Lands, Housing, Urban Development and Works have been merged to become Ministry of Works and Housing. Also, the information, culture, national orientation and tourism ministries have been collapsed into one Ministry of Information and Culture.

Also, the Ministries of Sports as well as Youth Development have also been merged to form Ministry of Sports and Youth Development.

The Ministry of Aviation is now under the Ministry of Transportation, among other mergers.

The development came even as the President on Tuesday retired 17 permanent secretaries and announced the appointment of 18 new ones.

In fact, indication that the President had settled for just 25 ministries was contained in the announcement of the appointment and deployment of permanent secretaries by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina.

The permanent secretaries and their ministries, according to the list released by Adesina, are Dr. Shehu Ahmad (Agriculture and Rural Development); Mr. Sunday Echono (Communications); Alhaji Sabiu Zakari (Transportation); Mrs. Ayotunde Adesugba (Information and Culture); Ambassador Danjuma Sheni (Defence); Dr. Shade Yemi-Esan (Education); Mrs. Fatima Mede (Budget and National Planning); Alhaji Mahmoud Isa Dutse (Finance); Ambassador Bulus Lolo (Foreign Affairs); and Dr. Amina Shamaki (Health).

Others are Mr. Aliyu Bisalla (Industry, Trade and Investment); Mr. Bassey Akpanyung (Internal Affairs); Mr. Taiwo Abidogun (Justice); Dr. Habiba Lawal (Science and Technology); Dr. Clement Illoh (Labour and Productivity); Dr. Jamila Shu’ara (Petroleum Resources); Mrs. Binta Bello (Women Affairs); Dr. Babatope Ajakaiye (Federal Capital Territory); Mrs. Rabi Jimeta (Water Resources); Dr. Bukar Hassan (Environment); Mrs. Wakama B. Asifieka (Niger Delta Affairs) and Mr. Istifanus Fuktur (Solid Minerals).

The remaining ones are Mr. Christian Ohaa (Youth and Sports); Engr. A.G. Magaji (Works and Housing); Mr. Louis Edozien (Power); Mr. Jalal Arabi (State House); Mr. Mohammed Bukar (General Services Office, OSGF); Mr. Abbas Mohammed (Ecological Fund Office, OSGF); Dr. Ugo Roy (Council Secretariat); Mr. Aminu Nabegu (Special Services Office, OSGF); Ambassador Bamgbose Akindele (Political Affairs Office, OSGF); Mr. Alo Williams Nwankwo (Economic Affairs Office, OSGF); Mrs. Obiageli Nwokedi (Special Duties Office, OSGF); Mr. Innocent Ogbonnaya (Career Management Office, OHCSF); Mr. S.K.Y. Adelakun (Common Services Office, OHCSF) and Mrs. N. Batagarawa (Service Policy and Strategies Office, OHCSF).

The newly-appointed permanent secretaries are Mrs. Ayotunde Adesugba; Alhaji Mahmoud Isa-Dutse; Mr. Taiwo Abidogun; Dr. Bukar Hassan; Mrs. Wakama Belema Asifieka; Mr. Jalal Ahmad Arabi; Mr. Sabiu Zakari; Mrs. Obiageli Phyllis Nwokedi; Mr. Aminu Nabegu and Mr. Bamgbose Olukunle Oladele.

Others are Mr. Alo Williams Nwankwo; Dr. Shehu Ahmed; Mr. Ogbonnaya Innocent Kalu; Mrs. Nuratu Jimoh Batagarawa; Mr. Christian Chinyeaka Ohaa; Mr. Bassey Apkanyung; Mr. Louis Edozien and Dr. Ugo Roy.

Adesina said the appointments took effect from Monday, two days ago.

A top government official told our correspondent on Tuesday that “the pattern of the list you see in the statement may be a sign of what to come as far as the number of ministries to be maintained by the President are concerned.”

Buhari on Tuesday afternoon held a closed-door meeting with federal permanent secretaries at the Presidential Villa and reportedly told the affected officials about their retirement at the meeting.

The permanent secretaries were led to the closed-door meeting with the President by the acting Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Mrs. Winifred Oyo-Ita.

A Presidency source told our correspondent that most of the affected permanent secretaries were those who had been seniors to Oyo-Ita in the civil service.

Buhari had appointed Oyo-Ita in acting capacity recently following the exit of Mr. Danladi Kifasi.

One of the affected permanent secretaries told our correspondent that Oyo-Ita broke down in tears when the President made his intention known during the meeting.

Another source told The PUNCH that the Presidency would not make any formal pronouncement on the sackings until when the affected officials might have received their letters.

The permanent secretaries who attended the Tuesday’s meeting with the President included Dr. Godknows Igali (Power); Mr. Taiye Haruna (Petroleum Resources); Mrs. Anastacia Nwaobia (Finance); Mr. John Chukwu (Federal Capital Territory); Aliyu Ismaila (Defence); Nebolisa Emordi (State House); Ibukun Odusote (Office of the SGF); Mr. Linus Awute (Health) and Abdullahi Yola (Justice), among others.

Source http://punchng.com/buhari-slashes-federal-ministries-to-25/

The letters just keep flying. More air to their wings.
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by PassingShot(m): 8:52am On Nov 11, 2015
dammytosh:
Welcome development.

Looking at how thing will unfold in the coming months, then we do a constructive assessment of the admnistration not some 'We lose election and he pain us' kind of craps called write ups.
I seriously look forward to the next 2 to 3 three months for proper debate and analysis of the policies of the FG.

@ the emboldened, I like the description. It captures them well. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by 4C2215131: 8:53am On Nov 11, 2015
freshvine:
Check out the composition of this so called permanent secretaries and their ministerial positing.

This Boko Haram appointed negotiator is an unrepentant tribalist.

To be factual you do have a point with regards to the ethnic colouration of the appointments. Kind of worrying.
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by IamPatriotic(m): 9:14am On Nov 11, 2015
DjAndroid:
I THOUGHT THEY SAID INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION WILL BE UNDER PRESIDENCY

So we were hoping until Lai Mohammed became a minister designate and hope dashed, although the Information is totally a bad ministry, but Folashade Esan is a very bad perm sec... thank God she's been moved to Education even when people were looking out for her sack.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by mamajaz(f): 9:23am On Nov 11, 2015
biznus:
That moment when a nairalander keeps telling nairalnders his album drops in 48 hrs
O boy, I love this look, nah him I go dey give my MIL 4 she dey lie to me. 'cos I still don't understand why old
ie go dey lie lie
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 11, 2015
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 11, 2015
Bobbystanley:
Nothing Good has been achieved after 101 years of Amalgamation of this geographical expression called Nigeria.

It took the Isrealites over 400 years to leave Egypt.

Biafra is about leaving the sinking ship called Nigeria.

Just PACK and LEAVE, NO NEED TO ANNOUNCE... angry
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Bluffly: 9:37am On Nov 11, 2015
saint047:
Am not interested in all the stories of slash or merge , just get to work

Oga, do you build your house from the roof top or from the foundation. What do you mean by "get to work"? to spend money or reshape Nigeria. Patience is a virtue. It is better to take a step that goes miles than take that that goes nowhere. Tell us what you mean by work and what you have expected to happen within the last four months.
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Bimpe29: 9:39am On Nov 11, 2015
Success is my wish for them. They should not abuse their various offices, and manage the affairs of their ministries as if is their personal business.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by abdulmuqsit15(m): 9:43am On Nov 11, 2015
[b][/b]wht ever baba. all we re asking for now is good leadership nd nigerians would b happy wit u, may God see u through wink
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 11, 2015
menix:

U re jealous, I ain't gay cous He is a dude...
Lol, talkative
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by chernest2002: 9:52am On Nov 11, 2015
Pmb is creating more jobs since May 29 and we are celebrating, before 2019 unemployment will reach 99% only pmb and his family working.
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by teebaxy(m): 9:55am On Nov 11, 2015
HowAreYou:
Today My Post Hit Front-Page.. cheesy
I still kon be STC here again...cheesy

Sign of Good Things Coming!

Say this Prayer After Me..
Gbomi, if anybody say u no go make am ''hear dis! !!!! Ayipa niti steering, Atepa niti brake, Afapa niti gear, Awapa niti motor Na so ur enemy life go b'''' Oya gba ori mu ki o kepe oluwa lohun rara! !! pariwo bi eniti team e score'''so wipe Olorun oooooo! !!!!!!! Tani eni na to gba iphone 6 lowo mi to wa gbe Nokia 3310 lemi lowo ina Olorun oooooo!!! jo won pa, ki o si fi iphone 6+ ropo fun mi'''Adura! !!!! cheesycheesy
see a typical CAC boy
Re: Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 11, 2015
What a way to go...nice one. May God almighty grant the President success and bless Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okonjo-Iweala Dancing To Psquare's 'Chop My Money' - Video / First Day Of Sitting Of The Senate Of The 8th NASS (photos) / Abdullah Mohammed Flaunts His Rolls-Royce & Wristwatch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.