Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. (2102 Views)

Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech / Which Language Does The Referee Uses To Talk Wit Players On The Pitch? / Inside John Obi Mikel's House - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by seunex: 2:47am On Oct 15, 2006
just want to know y'all views bout John Obi Mikel's red card, Is the referee right or wrong?

Thanks.

Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by Nobody: 4:45am On Oct 15, 2006
It was a cautionabler offence but the ref. could have easily let it go seeing how Mikel already had a yellow. He's right anyway, Mikel is really showing his age.
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by seunex: 5:45am On Oct 15, 2006
:d ;d ;d
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by Akolawole(m): 12:51pm On Oct 15, 2006
The Referee is 1000% Right.

He was even arguing with the Referee.

He will see himself in Trainning with Jose tommorow. cry
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by kitaun(m): 1:40pm On Oct 15, 2006
The referééing was 4 most of d game questionable but if there was any right decision it had to be Mikel's sending off. He needs not turn himself to an African version of Rooney in trying to express himself. He has given his enemies both metaphysical and imaginary a major alibi to be consigned perennially to the bench by Maureen, depending though on fitness levels of key players and barring injuries to them
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by mukina2: 5:19pm On Oct 15, 2006
i wonder o
africa type rooney indeed.what was he thinking anyway angry angry
if you are yellow-carded watch how you play but he didnt and he got red-carded.

"The Nigerian, who had been booked in the 43rd minute for tripping Hunt, hauled Sonko back by the shoulders and had to go. "

just imagine angry
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by Jackal(m): 8:52pm On Oct 15, 2006
Mikel Obi didn't deserve that red-card.
It was too harsh and it really surprises me how this buncha honkies of referees treat African players.

@ Akola,
Do u think Lampard or Terry or Joe Cole would have been sent off for the same offence Mikel commited?
Use your church mind. How many times has TERRY handled a goal-bound shot and refs looking away without carding him.
Mikel was unjustly punished and he has the right to question the ref's decisions.

He will be back-no doubt but suspension is not what Obi needs right now.
Even Wazza would have escaped a red card if he had done the same thing Mikel did.
The challenge was so innocuous but the stupid referee fell for it.
Lets see how Chelsea shape out on Wednesday against Barca cos i wanna see Hilario in goal against the mighty Messi.
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by Akolawole(m): 9:41pm On Oct 15, 2006
Jackal:

Mikel Obi didn't deserve that red-card.
It was too harsh and it really surprises me how this buncha honkies of referees treat African players.

@ Akola,
Do u think Lampard or Terry or Joe Cole would have been sent off for the same offence Mikel commited?
Use your church mind. How many times has TERRY handled a goal-bound shot and refs looking away without carding him.
Mikel was unjustly punished and he has the right to question the ref's decisions.

Please dont be Mikel-Drunk here.

I like Mikel to the very core but i have to say the truth.

You cannot be more catholic than pope.

If i were the Refereee, i will give him RED card and even Slap him grin
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by seunex: 11:09pm On Oct 16, 2006
loool Akolawole, kia u will slap him if u the referee, walahi i swaer u need a red card too, lool
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by Jackal(m): 11:18pm On Oct 16, 2006
Mikel is the man.
The refree just went a bit out of his senses in booking the youngster.
Theo Walcott would have walked away free with that kinda offence.
Thes honkey scumbags are partial racists and they make a big issue outta small cases from black players.
Goddang it, Mikel is just a young lad trying to find his feet in the team and his PASSION will always be HIGH.
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by seunex: 11:25pm On Oct 16, 2006
bet if its the likes of Terry, Lampard and the rest, they wont be sumtin like that, poor boy
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by vichel(m): 12:01am On Oct 17, 2006
This waz just a lesson to teach everybody that no matter how good a player is, u wud have to learn before u can be great. Mikel is just a kid, obviously he's emotions got the better part of him, but he's growing and he wud learn, so pls guyz the lad is good, but he has to wait for he's time before he can lead. He is no way ready to lead the super eagles
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by vichel(m): 12:05am On Oct 17, 2006
Terry and lampard would play smarter when they realize they are already in the books, that is where experience comes into play. Mikel would grow into a very great player, if not the best ever.
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by kitaun(m): 12:11am On Oct 17, 2006
So much for this issue of passion coming from Jackal, left to me had i been the Ref, i would have Zizou-ed him for being that silly
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by vichel(m): 12:21am On Oct 17, 2006
grin grin cheesy cheesy grin yeah and come to think of it the refs head is actually shaped like zizous. lol "Kapow! oh my chest"
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by seunex: 12:24am On Oct 17, 2006
u guys are funny, i guess what mikel needs to do, is it head butt the referee, or what do u guys tink, lol
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by kitaun(m): 1:13am On Oct 17, 2006
Or maybe he should have castrated the Ref by squeezing his privates until the thing yamutu, at least that way he would have expressed himself better
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by seunex: 1:16am On Oct 17, 2006
nna men, that red card really pain mikel ooo, d guy one cry, loool, i pity am
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by kitaun(m): 1:48am On Oct 17, 2006
The guy even try wey hin hold himself unlike dt display wey hin put up 4 WYC last year wey hin dey cry like pikin wey dem seize hin toys. Well even Rooney the man-child still dey betray emotions atimes and cry weeeeeeen
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by seunex: 1:53am On Oct 17, 2006
shocked shocked shocked cool, kia kitaun, u no dey forget sumtin oohhh, the guy na big boy now so him no need cry, rooney case na another thing entirely if that one dey ready to cry, i fit find bucket for am to cry in, grin grin
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by globalaid(m): 6:50am On Oct 17, 2006
I do not know what we are arguing? the rule of the game is clear, FAIR PLAY, Mikel needs a long way to go and he should watch his discipline on the field of play, so many great player has fall for that. There is no way you can argue with a refree once the card is given, any appeal will have to be after the game, i saw him arguing with a refree and even insulting him, it took Drogba and Terry intervention before he was forced to leave the field of play, to me that does not speak well of him. We have the governing body that regulate the game and we have seen an instance where a red card was cancelled, but to me he deserve that red card, Mikel is my countryman, but it is better to say the truth.
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by Grizzly(m): 1:58pm On Oct 17, 2006
Mikel lounged at a player from the back. . . .  earned a yellow
committed another bookable offence. . . . earned another yellow
Its only when u do the yellow + yellow combination u get a red.
Foolish challenges, those,   undecided

For shouting back at the ref? well, I think mourinho will handle that
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by wormedup(m): 3:08pm On Oct 17, 2006
mikel was just stupid !

the first attack was stupid,
the second one was dumb !

i would've given him 2 red cards ! angry angry
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by slimnike(m): 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2006
wormedup:

mikel was just stupid !

the first attack was stupid,
the second one was dumb !

i would've given him 2 red cards ! angry angry
And a slap.He wanted to impress Jose,but He over impressed Him.
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by Hugoboi(m): 5:35pm On Oct 17, 2006
slimnike:

And a slap.He wanted to impress Jose,but He over impressed Him.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by gaby(m): 6:36pm On Oct 17, 2006
John Obi Mikel is a talent no doubt about that but this boy needs some growing up to do because i've had opportunities to be around him especially since he started playing for chelsea he's just turning himself into something no one can really explain in terms of the way he carries himself i think all he needs at this point is to concentrate on his career and justify the long -saga that enshrined his transfer and also justify his buy,

Check out the offences that led to his bookings these were just uncalled for, for the second booking if he had brought the player down while trying to reach the ball i would have had my reservations about the red-carding but for Goodness sake you've been beaten why don't you queue up behind and try gaining the ball back instead of pulling your opponent on the neck while the ref. was just a few yards away, and what right has he to scream at the ref, is it because he is a chelsea player>??He had better grown up and not turn himself into the White pigly-toutly wayne rooney who lacks manners in all ramifications wonder how and where he learnt to kick a ball,

Mikel Obi,please find a better and more constructive way to want to be noticed on the pitch instead of resorting to those bs, i trust Murinho even though he would sure want to justify the amount spent on you he wont think twice before furnishing your bench to be well warmed up,

You got my prayers Boy Grow up and the sky is your limit because you are a star in the making,

One love bro
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by jammiesday: 7:08pm On Oct 17, 2006
the referee was absolutely correct,since tackle from behind is a yellow card offence ,so u dont have to blame the referee since he has to do his work.
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by seunex: 10:03pm On Oct 17, 2006
grin grin, that guy is turnin into sumtin else, imagine he wasn't in the team that played Lesotho the other day, he's nowhere to be found according to the coach, guess na cos him no play for 9ja thats why d ref give am d red card, lol, but anywayz always at ur back man (Mikel). cheesy
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by kitaun(m): 11:16pm On Oct 17, 2006
You got it wrong chap! He gave him a red card because Mikel after being yellow-carded called the Ref "Zizou's uncle'' and the Ref had the perfect alibi to punish him when he pulled down Bikey a Camerounian (this he did 2 prove to Maureen say hin don rugged now so make hin no dey take small boy eye look am again) Lol
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by deejay1(m): 9:14am On Oct 18, 2006
I tell u wat there is still more 2 come 4 mikel as in his still gatta loaads of red cards to be awarded 4 him.he knows his gatta a cyellow card b4 and he came and tacle d reading guy 4rom behind .I think he deserved the red card all bcoz of his stupidity init
Re: Is The Referee Right For Giving John Obi Mikel That Red Card. by murder: 11:57am On Dec 31, 2007
mikel is a little spoilt brat trying to show up.
he should go and take a lesson to how to eat with the elders. he is so arrogant

(1) (Reply)

Iheanacho Is Exceptional – Pellegrini / Week 8 Premier League Predictions: BBC's Lawro V Former NFL Star Osi Umenyiora / Football Betting Scam U Must Avoid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.