Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,390 members, 7,830,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

REVEALED: What Really Transpired At The Rauf Aregbesola Health Centre Egbeda - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / REVEALED: What Really Transpired At The Rauf Aregbesola Health Centre Egbeda (734 Views)

Unpaid Salaries: Osun Doctors In Street Protest Against Aregbesola / REVEALED: What Really Transpired At The Rauf Aregbesola Health Centre Egbeda Dat / What Really Transpired At Rauf Aregbesola Health Centre Egbeda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

REVEALED: What Really Transpired At The Rauf Aregbesola Health Centre Egbeda by avalonnn: 8:44am On Nov 11, 2015
In a bid to set the records straight and redeem the reputation of Nigerian Nurses, a source who has chosen to remain annonymous has disclosed what actually transpired at the Rauf Aregbesola Health Centre in Egbeda, Alimosho Local Government Area of Lagos.

You would recall that last week, the PUNCH Newspaper had published an article titled "Maternal Tragedy: Mother, child die looking for doctors". In this article, PUNCH Newspaper had maliciously defamed and callously painted "black, incompetent and unprofessional; the Nurses who work at the Rauf Aregbesola Health Centre in Egbeda.

In a swift reaction, a nurse jude chiedu had written an article in solidarity with our colleagues at the Rauf Aregbesola Health Center. He also condemned the article by the PUNCH as lacking a factual balance in its reporting.

In a volte-face and confirmation of threat of legal action against PUNCH Newspaper, the page has been removed. The article no longer exists on the punch website as the link to the offending publication /1WBuiDR doesnt open again.

The fact that PUNCH Newspaper has taken down the offensive and derogatory publication is a confirmation to the info by our source that the LCDA has initiated a legal redress against punch as the story was not investigated at either the PHC or council. According to our source, the Ministry of Health is on the case.

Here is what actually transpired according to an unnamed source to NursingworldNigeria.com

The woman was a booked case of the PHC but she went to deliver in a church where she was mismanaged. The church apparently had no facility to cope with Emergency obstetric care (EmOC).

The baby was dead on arrival at the PHC.

The woman had 2nd degree tear and was bleeding. The Nursing officer stitched her up and set up an I.V. line.

She applied anti shock garment and used her vehicle to take her to Igando General Hosptial as the Ambullance was faulty and recently repaired when the story broke out.

At the GH, they didn't want to admit her but the Nurse visited the Apex who prevailed on others to create a bed space for her.

They put up a second IV line at the GH and commenced her management while her blood was collected for confirmation of her grouping and cross matching.

She was treated for shock.

The Nurse even paid for some of the initial treatment requested for at the GH since the husband said he has no money on him.

The woman was still alive before the Nurse left, but the fact is that she had already lost a lot of blood.

Nursingworld sincerely appreciates this source for sharing this information and we promise to bring our readers more details as the case unfolds. We commend the LCDA for taking the fight to redeem our public image which the news media has consistently dented and rubbished.
Re: REVEALED: What Really Transpired At The Rauf Aregbesola Health Centre Egbeda by menix(m): 8:58am On Nov 11, 2015
Who wrote this should swallow enough _shit( rijuo shi Onu)

Govt hospitals I used to attend with the 85% Ill mannered staff..

The man said his wife was in labour even at the gate nd you re telling us she delivered else where before coming to the hospital..

Was the gate opened immediately they arrived For reason best known to you, u re lip sealed on that..

I can bet you that Ambulance have been parked for more than a month without working nd u saying _shit, come on Gerarahia menh!!!!
Re: REVEALED: What Really Transpired At The Rauf Aregbesola Health Centre Egbeda by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2015
menix:
Who wrote this should swallow enough _shit( rijuo shi Onu)

Govt hospitals I used to attend with the 85% Ill mannered staff..

The man said his wife was in labour even at the gate nd you re telling us she delivered else where before coming to the hospital..

Was the gate opened immediately they arrived For reason best known to you, u re lip sealed on that..

I can bet you that Ambulance have been parked for more than a month without working nd u saying _shit, come on Gerarahia menh!!!!
This is stereotyping, that the government hospitals is filled with ill mannered staff doesn't mean that you won't find a fraction that is good.
The said article from Punch reeks of inconsistencies which if you are a medical personnel you will understand quite well. If the story is true then it begs the question of why did Punch take it down.

Let me remind us that the type of personalities venturing into nursing nowadays are there to remedy the bad images accrued from the past and make greater impact on the life of the populace according to international best practices.
You may choose to believe but the records has to be set right.
Re: REVEALED: What Really Transpired At The Rauf Aregbesola Health Centre Egbeda by menix(m): 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
LadyFiona:
This is stereotyping, that the government hospitals is filled with ill mannered staff doesn't mean that you won't find a fraction that is good.
The said article from Punch reeks of inconsistencies which if you are a medical personnel you will understand quite well. If the story is true then it begs the question of why did Punch take it down.

Let me remind us that the type of personalities venturing into nursing nowadays are there to remedy the bad images accrued from the past and make greater impact on the life of the populace according to international best practices.
You may choose to believe but the records has to be set right.

Are u serious u read my post nd did not find the percentage allotted to the Ill mannered...
Re: REVEALED: What Really Transpired At The Rauf Aregbesola Health Centre Egbeda by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2015
menix:

Are u serious u read my post nd did not find the percentage allotted to the Ill mannered...
I did read your post and the fraction is wrong. The bad always overshadow the good. It is too low cos I work in a hospital and if someone says I am bad then the percentage of witches and wizard there is 98%.

(1) (Reply)

@ / First Zika Virus Test Developed In Germany / Why I Don't Engage In Discussions Early In The Morning (brush Your Tongue)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.