Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Depay: I’ve Gained Weight Since Joining Manchester United… But It’s All Muscle - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Depay: I’ve Gained Weight Since Joining Manchester United… But It’s All Muscle (288 Views)

Kante In Contention Against Manchester United But No Risks From Conte / Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea / The Moment Lukaku Told Pogba He Will Be Joining Manchester United (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Depay: I’ve Gained Weight Since Joining Manchester United… But It’s All Muscle by Lanrexoyin: 4:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
Depay: I’ve gained weight since joining Manchester United… but it’s all muscle

The 21-year-old admits he was surprised by his weight increase but insists he continues to work on his explosive speed and coordination

Memphis Depay has revealed that he is five kilograms heavier after joining Manchester United – but insists it is all muscle.

The 21-year-old has admitted to suffering a dip in form since his summer move to Old Trafford, while he has also hit back at suggestions from the Netherlands boss Danny Blind that he is not a team player.

Depay admits his change in weight did come as a surprise and says he is continuing to work on his explosive speed.

“Since I’ve played for Manchester United, I gained 5 kilos. And that’s not fat! Just muscle. It’s bizarre,” Depay told De Telegraaf.

“It’s also have to do with the heavy schedule in England. Now I weigh 85 kg. When I stood on the scales first I thought: ‘OK, is this correct?’ My body is still developing. Now I’m a little more heavy, I have to work on that. I’m working a lot on my coordination and starting speed.

“I get to eat very well at home. It’s cooked for me. I’ve got an own cook. It’s all arranged very well over there. I doing those things. Because no, that’s not offered for free.

“People don’t know what I have to do to be fit and be a part of the national team. The work I do, what’s part of my profession. Perhaps there’s a picture of me that I’m not thinking about that, but that’s nonsense.”
Re: Depay: I’ve Gained Weight Since Joining Manchester United… But It’s All Muscle by Jaypea98: 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2015
And how fast is MEMPHIS DEPAY , if i may ask?

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles Rumours / Due To Be Held / 5 Things We Learned From Yesterday's Champions League Matches!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.