Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:21 AM

A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. (3494 Views)

Presidency Replies Arewa Youths Letter To Osinbajo On Biafra Secession / International Organisation Supports Biafra’s Secession, Threatens Nigeria / Falae: Yoruba Leaders Threaten Secession From Nigeria If… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 13, 2015
Ballmer:
Was there an igbotic country before Lugard ? Cancelling the Lugard fraud with an igbotic fraud will not hold. You are not talking to fools.

dejavski:
Am ilaje and I support BIAFRA... though in a peaceful manner.
I have come to realise that most yorubas are really scared of secession but they won't admit it

Quote me anywhere
mankand:
Guts comes with glory. One thing I like about Nnamdi Kanu is that he is very articulate and organised.

He knows how to organise his people around his dream, he can be the next Che in Africa because he is fighting a just cause but due to the mainstream media propaganda, a lot of people won't see and agree to this.

He have been able to gather the support of the igbo people worldwide both indigenous, in diaspora and those whose ancestors were taken to slave in Europe, America and Latin America which have now become a force to recon with.

Unfortunately my people yorubas are still under the chain of mental slavery donating their hard earned money to fake men called pastors instead of donating their money to organise themselves to build another oduduwa nation. We also have the same capacity to do the same as IPOB but we won't.

We also have yorubas all over Latin America, Europe, and other parts of the world.

I wish IPOB success in their quest because with their success, it becomes a motivation for other regions in Africa to do the same
tunjion:
The truth is we yorubas should stop opening thread to speak for south south minority. 

Biafra from wat i read is not by force. Igbos in Edo such as the igbanke and Ika are Biafrans without doubt.

Other Edo ethnic group might even be rejected by Biafra. Some will end up applying to join.

Sentiment aside, they might feel Hausa and Yoruba will dominate them if they remain in Nigeria
ceaz4r:

The phobia you and your lots have for the Igbos have become so obvious is now a sour to the eyes. 
Whether your concern for the vaibility of the Biafran state when it comes is genuine or faulse, it doesn't scratch us one bit. In fact, we don't and won't notice. 
Stay in your enclave there and watch. 

* one advice for you, buy a carton of panadol extra and desolve the madicine in a basin of water to form syrup,  also buy a straw. When the pounding headache from thinking about Biafra gets too unbearable, you sip some of the syrup.  You will need it. 
Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 13, 2015
Ballmer:

The Igbos failed to recognise this. Instead of dialoguing on issues such as this n even of Biafra with SS n SW they believe they can insult disparage their way through. Imagine so many foolish Igbos actually believe they can insult Nigerians into submission for the presidency and Biafra. I mean how foolish can the majority of a tribe be ?
Exactly! Blame the Igbos and have urself some quality sleep as usual. No one spoke up about federalism until they heard about biafran secession. Other regions can start up something on federalism who knows mayb their cries will be heard

2 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 13, 2015
cheruv:

Broz,
Your piece is cool but the problem is that it'd have to wait till the oil is finished before the necessary people would look at it
loolz guy u wicked o! The reality be say the oil no go finish but the price go reduce to 1 dollar per barrel b4 pple eye go open
Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 13, 2015
Mckennedy:

I will keep asking until I get this fact, why is hausa, fulani and yorubas keep saying that these people are fraudsters, drug dealers, baby factory, idiots, stupid , mumu, Biafra etc that you don't like them that they are damaging nigeria image, please with all due respect why do you people still want to be in one country with them, why can't you support for their exit so that you can be able to keep your countries name clean? Does it make any sense that you hate someone and still you want to be with the person? It shows that we Africans are still far behind.
DEMENTIA
Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by oweniwe(m): 1:04pm On Nov 13, 2015
Olabestonic001:

Well articulated!
But do you actually believe the rantings on NL as the true state of Igbos in general? The Igbo's as well as the Yoruba's feels heavily marginalized in Nigeria but the Yoruba's will rather be real with themselves and solve their own problems than agitate or go on emotional frenzy as IPOB is doing. I want Nigeria to practice Regional Autonomy and who cares if Biafra is formed or not. But to agitate and get your freedom by igniting hate in the minds of an average Yoruba man is doom. Honestly, Yoruba's have no reason to compete with Igbos but most Igbos by nature, take everything as an avenue to flex muscle (we cant blame them though since before colonization they have no big super-structure mostly but a flexing of muscle in their clans).
Again, most of them born, bred in the East were lied to by their elders that they are more superior to other tribes in Nigeria. We can only thank Heaven that some of them stays away from their base and its those who reside home that have that sense of paranoia. Forget the fallacy that all Igbos are hardworking; those people away from their enclave must be hardworking than their host community (ask Nigerians overseas), most of those protesters and hardliners are lazy lots and hate-filled individuals who needs to be re-oriented. Hating Yoruba's will only frustrate anyone of them the more.
Lets ALL (SE, SW, SS and NC) fights together for resource control and let Igbos learn diplomacy; hating Yoruba's will forever hamper their destiny as well as trying to compete unfavorably with the Yoruba's. Something is too OBVIOUS (LIKE IT OR HATE IT); THE YORUBA'S HAVE A SPECIAL PLACE IN GOD'S heart and hating on them will forever hamper a people.

Tinubu abandoned Ribudu few days to election to support PDP...

Yoruba are very deceptive in nature... GEJ learnt his lessons in a hard way...

If yoruba have something to gain by working with igbo, they fight, scream and shout... But if they think they have more to gain with Hausa, they will swertly tell the igbo man they will support him... On the D day... The igbo man will be suprised to see them licking hausa bum bum...

After "deceiving " igbo ... They will now go out and start chest beating....

Adeboye... Oyedepo... Those guys are cunning... Its not about smart.. but deceit ....

If a igbo man say he will help you.... He help you even when he has nothing to gain..... If yoruba man say he will help you, look very well oooo... Cos in the last minute... When you're almost there... They will quietly leave you to go lick hausa bum bum....

Though therr are unique yoruba people who stand by their word but majority are not trustworthy

4 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Olabestonic001(m): 5:43pm On Nov 13, 2015
oweniwe:

If yoruba have something to gain by working with igbo, they fight, scream and shout... But if they think they have more to gain with Hausa, they will swertly tell the igbo man they will support him... On the D day... The igbo man will be suprised to see them licking hausa bum bum...

Adeboye... Oyedepo... Those guys are cunning... Its not about smart.. but deceit ....

If a igbo man say he will help you.... He help you even when he has nothing to gain..... If yoruba man say he will help you, look very well oooo... Cos in the last minute... When you're almost there... They will quietly leave you to go lick hausa bum bum....

Though therr are unique yoruba people who stand by their word but majority are not trustworthy

The Legends of Igbo's!
You make it sound as if all Igbo's are correct set of people (any way my In-laws are sound set of people). You might be right that most Yoruba's could be deceptive as much as I can infer that most Igbo's are too emotional to reason; even Achebe was very guilty of that and most Igbo's are suffering from persecution-complex and paranoia. Though, I've also seen some Igbo's deviate from that stereotype. But, who will trust to have a co-business with most Igbo's (most are money worshippers and self-centered).
A stereotype of your pictures applies to every human tribe or race (though with pockets of exceptions); since the value of each society differs. e.g most Americans are sexually perverted, most Indians employers are bad employers of labour, most Chinese love selling fake products etc. Though there are deviations from this norms but the truth remains that a society grows with the desired patterns it found less damaging to its existence.

1 Like

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by solash: 6:54pm On Nov 13, 2015
udokpuenyi:
ONE NIGERIA FOR HAUSA/FULANI YORUBA, ONE NIGERIAN FOR BIAFRAN GOVERNORS, HOUSE OF REP/SENATE , ASSEMBLY MEMBERS, ONE NIGERIA FOR THE FEW HAVING FUN IN IT? ONE NIGERIA MY FOOT ;-
Great Biafrans, My Hausa friend asked me: Under what conditions would you start believing that One Nigeria is working? Here was my response:
1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri; so that when you clear your goods, cars and containers, you can drive it all the way to Lagos even when there is a seaport there

2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports...only local or minimal connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights...direct and major connecting flights.

3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.

4. All federal governments agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC,e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.

5. If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented, we can try one Nigeria and let's see if you Hausas and Yorubas will like it for a month. Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, e.t.c.

The Hausa friend replied: You can't be serious, this is wickedness! I said, "Really? Don't you think the South-East and South-South have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 yrs? Why do you think people are clamouring for Biafra?" He was quiet for a few seconds and said: Wow! You are right, but it never occurred to me. I said, "that's the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting love it and would love to maintain the status quo". An adage in my place says, "The one who ate fleshy meat forgets easily; but the one who eats the bone never forgets"!
Wow!
Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by oweniwe(m): 7:17pm On Nov 13, 2015
Olabestonic001

I agree with you...

But read your initial post.... Its like.. do as I say, but not as I do.

You say igbo are proud, arrogant and cannot realize Biafra without yoruba support ....

I reply that most yoruba are deceptive and unreliable ppl who, even though they claim to support Biafra with their mouth but in their heart, they don't cos they don't have anything to gain from Biafra...

Igbo doesn't mind a south Nigeria break away but yoruba would rather stay under hausa/fulani than partner with igbo. ... I don't understand y....

Nigeria can never b one... And it can never be a developed country unless its laws and government system is overhauled

Hausa insist on "one Nigeria " lie cos they are too lazy to work to generate their own revenue ...

Yoruba even though they know the truth choose to avoid it cos they're enjoying oil money too and are not ready to compete with igbo so they just mooze "let us manage Nigeria "... When there is no more oil money sha, they will start their own agitation .... Obasanjo/Aregbesola are good examples.

Middle belt or whatever they are called ... They in bondage.... They have no "say" in Nigeria at all...

It is only the Igbo that choose to face the truth... Nigeria ia bleeped up... Look at d system of govt... if other tribes are not ready for reformation, then let dem go and fix their problems themselves...

If you want to make a point, do it objectively lik you did in ur second post... All these tribalism tins are very hurting ... When did we become enemies? The more we fan we fan this tribalism thing, the faster Nigeria goes to the grave... And that is wat igbo want .. they started all these zoo insults for that purpose ....

So next time you get annoyed when they call Nigeria zoo, you're indirectly giving into their plans.....

(Nigeria is a animal country anyway human life means nothing in Nigeria ... Herdsmen/soldiers/police /politicians can kill a whole community and others will be justifying it) angry angry

2 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Ballmer: 7:57pm On Nov 13, 2015
VonBismark:
Exactly! Blame the Igbos and have urself some quality sleep as usual. No one spoke up about federalism until they heard about biafran secession. Other regions can start up something on federalism who knows mayb their cries will be heard

No blames here I just do not bliv the Igbos that truncated confederalism which is beta n superior to federalism should be the one now wailing for federalism. What eerr they think when the destroyed confederalism?
Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by dialfa: 8:03pm On Nov 13, 2015
Ballmer:

The Igbos failed to recognise this. Instead of dialoguing on issues such as this n even of Biafra with SS n SW they believe they can insult disparage their way through. Imagine so many foolish Igbos actually believe they can insult Nigerians into submission for the presidency and Biafra. I mean how foolish can the majority of a tribe be ?

Zoo man. Why can't you stand on your own? Why do you need to drag Igbos down with you?

3 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Balkan(m): 8:17pm On Nov 13, 2015
Olabestonic001:

Well articulated!
But do you actually believe the rantings on NL as the true state of Igbos in general? The Igbo's as well as the Yoruba's feels heavily marginalized in Nigeria but the Yoruba's will rather be real with themselves and solve their own problems than agitate or go on emotional frenzy as IPOB is doing. I want Nigeria to practice Regional Autonomy and who cares if Biafra is formed or not. But to agitate and get your freedom by igniting hate in the minds of an average Yoruba man is doom. Honestly, Yoruba's have no reason to compete with Igbos but most Igbos by nature, take everything as an avenue to flex muscle (we cant blame them though since before colonization they have no big super-structure mostly but a flexing of muscle in their clans).
Again, most of them born, bred in the East were lied to by their elders that they are more superior to other tribes in Nigeria. We can only thank Heaven that some of them stays away from their base and its those who reside home that have that sense of paranoia. Forget the fallacy that all Igbos are hardworking; those people away from their enclave must be hardworking than their host community (ask Nigerians overseas), most of those protesters and hardliners are lazy lots and hate-filled individuals who needs to be re-oriented. Hating Yoruba's will only frustrate anyone of them the more.
Lets ALL (SE, SW, SS and NC) fights together for resource control and let Igbos learn diplomacy; hating Yoruba's will forever hamper their destiny as well as trying to compete unfavorably with the Yoruba's. Something is too OBVIOUS (LIKE IT OR HATE IT); THE YORUBA'S HAVE A SPECIAL PLACE IN GOD'S heart and hating on them will forever hamper a people.
do you think you are better than the Igbos in Nigeria? Yorubas like you are foolish and deluded. If you think you are enjoying one Nigeria more than the Igbos, you are deluded. Despite the Igbos protest for Biafra, they are benefiting from one Nigeria than you.
Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Swiftboy(m): 12:52pm On Dec 20, 2015
smh you lots can't even reason without your biased minds...it hurts, most of y'all are bigots! Am disappointed! And those that think they can speak for everyone in their region, it may shock you that a lot of people there in don't believe in your selfish propaganda. In sane clime,referandum is issued first before anything. The implication is you can't force Biafra on Nigerians because you want a one tribe country. Am waiting for your insult s cos you have been brainwashed to.
Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by PreyingMantis(m): 2:01pm On Dec 20, 2015
Ballmer:
Re-read the nonsense you wrote here and ask yourself questions. In your warped opinion, it is OK for you to call Igbos names and improper for them to do likewise. The truth is that some things will never change. You don't love the Igbos and they don't love you. Let's stop the pretense and go our separate ways.
Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by lawani: 10:44am On Jul 17, 2016
Ballmer:
Was there an igbotic country before Lugard ? Cancelling the Lugard fraud with an igbotic fraud will not hold. You are not talking to fools.

Igbos will be together just like Yoruba, cant you see that? If not together, then in 2 or 3 sister nations with close affinity like Austria, Germany, Liecheinstein and etc in Europe. That is the worst case scenario. The question is if all Igbos join together, will Ijaw, Efik and etc join them? That is the question.
Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by lawani: 10:52am On Jul 17, 2016
tevinsolt:
Lack of foresight, begets chaos. The premise this nation has built upon would never allow it, to move forward ever. Forced unity can only last for so long.
Biafrans (as they refer themselves) were forced into staying Nigerians after their first attempt of seceding. The first trial is all that's needed to sow a seed that will continue to bear fruits season in and season out. No matter how long Nigeria lasts, unborn generations from the SE will continue to be a pain to the Nigerian establishment. They will and can never be satisfied with Nigeria, someone will always try to avenge the deaths of his/her kinsmen whenever they feel they are being suppressed, in our time or the future. Massob, and as of recent Ipob headed by Nnamdi Kanu are testament to my account.

Nigeria needs to let go of Biafra, and a possible result is the total disintegration of Nigeria as we know it, which is fine, it is not a do or die affair like many take it to be. We can all separate and focus on developing distinctly.

I'm Yoruba, If Biafra wants to go, I say the Nigerian Government let her go, so that the important things in life all Humans regardless of race, religion, tribe long for have can be achieved.

Iba o! Thanks for the submission. You are blessed.
Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by lawani: 11:04am On Jul 17, 2016
oweniwe:

You see, there was no where that Tinubu campaigned for Jonathan back then and Yoruba are not his slaves, you understand? Igbos have more issues than Yorubas nowadays. I mean more moral issues. More drug peddlers, 419s and armed robbers. Though Yoruba too have theirs but Igbos are leading in that sector. Igbos have traditionally voted against Yoruba in all elections. From Awo to Abiola to Falae while Hausas supported Awo and Abiola. So what cooperation are you talking about? Igbos have never cooperated with Yoruba and that is because of the civil war but if your ancestors hand land over to you and an army division enter it without your consent, believing you are cowards, what will you do? Will you fail your ancestors and submit yourself to the rule of a people junior to you in everything? That would be foolish, it would be a betrayal of our ancestors. So we responded thesame way the Ijaw, Urhobo and Itsekiri responded (They killed 50 Biafran soldiers in a single attack) with mortal fire to defend our lands and the Biafrans went into a retreat and that ensured their loss. Prior to the invasion of the West, no Yoruba or Midwesterner was fighting the Biafrans. Not a single one. Rather some Midwesterners and Yorubas were fighting for Biafra. Igbos would have done same. So why blame the Yorubas?

1 Like

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by oweniwe(m): 7:07pm On Jul 17, 2016
lawani:

You see, there was no where that Tinubu campaigned for Jonathan back then and Yoruba are not his slaves, you understand? Igbos have more issues than Yorubas nowadays. I mean more moral issues. More drug peddlers, 419s and armed robbers. Though Yoruba too have theirs but Igbos are leading in that sector. Igbos have traditionally voted against Yoruba in all elections. From Awo to Abiola to Falae while Hausas supported Awo and Abiola. So what cooperation are you talking about? Igbos have never cooperated with Yoruba and that is because of the civil war but if your ancestors hand land over to you and an army division enter it without your consent, believing you are cowards, what will you do? Will you fail your ancestors and submit yourself to the rule of a people junior to you in everything? That would be foolish, it would be a betrayal of our ancestors. So we responded thesame way the Ijaw, Urhobo and Itsekiri responded (They killed 50 Biafran soldiers in a single attack) with mortal fire to defend our lands and the Biafrans went into a retreat and that ensured their loss. Prior to the invasion of the West, no Yoruba or Midwesterner was fighting the Biafrans. Not a single one. Rather some Midwesterners and Yorubas were fighting for Biafra. Igbos would have done same. So why blame the Yorubas?

I get your point very well... smiley

Actually, I didn't know what was in my mind when I made that post.

On Igbos having more issues than yoruba, that is very wrong.... And that's part of the problem with Nigeria ... It is only when someone succeeds that he is a Nigerian. .. Or when they want to share money. Every other time, you're yoruba, hausa or igbo.

If Chukwu Amadi wins gold, he is a Nigerian
.. but if Chukwu Amadi traffics drugs, he is not a Nigerian, he is igbo!

Nevertheless, all tribes in Nigeria (have their own perculair vices) ..... Hausa have theirs in religious extremism..... The reason why these ethnic vices have not been solved is because the Government itself is tribalised.... If people from the tribe of the Executive in power commit crimes, they are overlooked or if it involves other tribes, the executive ignores the crime for fear of stocking up ehnic wars....

On Igbos not voting for yoruba, it's really not their fault cos Nigeria ' s system is based on North -South divide... It does not take into recognition that there are two major tribes down south... And the northern politicians ruthlessly exploit this shortcoming to divide southern votes.

If you have a Yoruba presidential candidate and igbo vice candidate, igbo will vote for the party.... But when the candidate is Yoruba moslem and Vice also Northern Moslem, ... Give me a good reason why any sensible igbo man should vote for that party.

On the other hand, if a Northern politician picks an igbo vice, ... Igbos will not be compelled to vote for the Party with Yoruba-Hausa candidates ... Especially when both are Moslems. ...

Awo and zik cannot run together because the Nigerian system complells they must pick vice and other important candidates from the north .... So it is not as if igbo does not want to vote yoruba... Its Just that anything that has too much hausa and Muslim inside it, count most igbo out of it.

On the civil war... I personally detest the way ojukwu ran it.... He was confused about whether he wanted biafra or southern Nigeria. If he wanted Biafra alone, he should have respected his boundary or pushed his army up instead of west.

Ojukwu ' s thought at the time must have been that he could win by quickly taking over Lagos which was the capital at the time so he wouldn't have to spend more on defending his flanks..... And that was beyond the mandate given to him by the Eastern House of Assembly which is stritcly limited to Biafra.... Instead of Negotiating with people and carrying them along, he forced his personal opinion on them... No world super power suport...He deserved what he got.

The assumption of the average igbo man is that it would be far easier to develop the south as opposed to attempting to develop the whole Nigeria at the same time... They think the North is the problem with Nigeria .... Just look at how Buhari has scattered everywhere ...

Though igbo want southern Nigeria free of the north, .. half of the yoruba are divided over whether they want one Nigeria or if they want restructuring. ... Not their fault though since the Moslem yorubas often oppose and flow along with the north... This kind of "hesitatation", or indecisiveness is what igbo ppl dislike about yoruba

I'm not trying to sound Ipob. .. I'm only trying to Make you see things from the "eastern " angle

Cheers
Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by lawani: 7:38pm On Jul 17, 2016
oweniwe:

I get your point very well... smiley

Actually, I didn't know what was in my mind when I made that post.

On Igbos having more issues than yoruba, that is very wrong.... And that's part of the problem with Nigeria ... It is only when someone succeeds that he is a Nigerian. .. Or when they want to share money. Every other time, you're yoruba, hausa or igbo.

If Chukwu Amadi wins gold, he is a Nigerian
.. but if Chukwu Amadi traffics drugs, he is not a Nigerian, he is igbo!

Nevertheless, all tribes in Nigeria (have their own perculair vices) ..... Hausa have theirs in religious extremism..... The reason why these ethnic vices have not been solved is because the Government itself is tribalised.... If people from the tribe of the Executive in power commit crimes, they are overlooked or if it involves other tribes, the executive ignores the crime for fear of stocking up ehnic wars....

On Igbos not voting for yoruba, it's really not their fault cos Nigeria ' s system is based on North -South divide... It does not take into recognition that there are two major tribes down south... And the northern politicians ruthlessly exploit this shortcoming to divide southern votes.

If you have a Yoruba presidential candidate and igbo vice candidate, igbo will vote for the party.... But when the candidate is Yoruba moslem and Vice also Northern Moslem, ... Give me a good reason why any sensible igbo man should vote for that party.

On the other hand, if a Northern politician picks an igbo vice, ... Igbos will not be compelled to vote for the Party with Yoruba-Hausa candidates ... Especially when both are Moslems. ...

Awo and zik cannot run together because the Nigerian system complells they must pick vice and other important candidates from the north .... So it is not as if igbo does not want to vote yoruba... Its Just that anything that has too much hausa and Muslim inside it, count most igbo out of it.

On the civil war... I personally detest the way ojukwu ran it.... He was confused about whether he wanted biafra or southern Nigeria. If he wanted Biafra alone, he should have respected his boundary or pushed his army up instead of west.

Ojukwu ' s thought at the time must have been that he could win by quickly taking over Lagos which was the capital at the time so he wouldn't have to spend more on defending his flanks..... And that was beyond the mandate given to him by the Eastern House of Assembly which is stritcly limited to Biafra.... Instead of Negotiating with people and carrying them along, he forced his personal opinion on them... No world super power suport...He deserved what he got.

The assumption of the average igbo man is that it would be far easier to develop the south as opposed to attempting to develop the whole Nigeria at the same time... They think the North is the problem with Nigeria .... Just look at how Buhari has scattered everywhere ...

Though igbo want southern Nigeria free of the north, .. half of the yoruba are divided over whether they want one Nigeria or if they want restructuring. ... Not their fault though since the Moslem yorubas often oppose and flow along with the north... This kind of "hesitatation", or indecisiveness is what igbo ppl dislike about yoruba

I'm not trying to sound Ipob. .. I'm only trying to Make you see things from the "eastern " angle

Cheers

Awo used an Igbo VP but still failed. Then if you say Yoruba are undecided about seceding, what about Igbos? Which Igbo leader as in Governor, Senator or elder is supporting secession? None. No notable Igbo has spoken up whereas Prof Soyinka has spoken in support of Biafra.

Moving troops into friendly regions without clearance can not be excused and no self respecting people would take such. Nobody is stopping Igbos from leaving since we are in a democracy and Igbos have people in high positions all over the world. So they can break the country if really they want to but Igbo leaders like Yoruba leaders are dragging their feet. If any group want to break the country they can do it easily without war.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Looted Money Discovered In Foreign Banks. Names Of Depositors: London Swiss U.S. / Question For My Yoruba Brothers & Sisters / #endsars Mayhem: My Boys Burnt Tinubu’s Hotel -nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.