Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,924 members, 7,835,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Should I Take The Job? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should I Take The Job? (537 Views)

Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow / How Do I Take Up A Case Against GTBANK ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Take The Job? by bigsamjoe(m): 5:20pm On Nov 11, 2015
I am a hnd graduate with upper credit in chemical engineering. Having completed my service last month October, efforts to get a good job isn't forthcoming yet.

Recently, on one of my numerous job-hunting, I was offered a job to teach in a secondary school. The amount? 20k. Don't get me wrong am not saying 20k is small. But the conditions attached to the job...

I am to handle three science subjects that includes mathematics physics and chemistry in which there are no less than 50 students spread along 6 classes each. The hardest part is that I have to spend at least 200 naira daily on transport alone to get to work.

The question to my fellow nairalanders is, should I take the job?
Re: Should I Take The Job? by TheMainMan: 5:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
Re: Should I Take The Job? by yomi007k(m): 5:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
Transport - 200 X 5 X 4 is N4000
Balance- N16000

The money is small compared to the stress involved.

But bro is there any chance of getting a better option.?

Can u get to teach some kids extra lesson?

The choice is urs.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take The Job? by bigsamjoe(m): 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
Need I say? The teaching job is in lagos
Re: Should I Take The Job? by yomi007k(m): 5:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
They shud do better.

But since its in lagos, u can get private lesson jobs easily.
Re: Should I Take The Job? by nonnystar(f): 6:23pm On Nov 11, 2015
If u live at Ejigbo Lagos and can teach Basic science And Agric call 08060266189 Note only if you reside in Ejigbo
Re: Should I Take The Job? by thompson1510(m): 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
bigsamjoe:
I am a hnd graduate with upper credit in chemical engineering. Having completed my service last month October, efforts to get a good job isn't forthcoming yet.

Recently, on one of my numerous job-hunting, I was offered a job to teach in a secondary school. The amount? 20k. Don't get me wrong am not saying 20k is small. But the conditions attached to the job...

I am to handle three science subjects that includes mathematics physics and chemistry in which there are no less than 50 students spread along 6 classes each. The hardest part is that I have to spend at least 200 naira daily on transport alone to get to work.

The question to my fellow nairalanders is, should I take the job?
Am sure you know the aanswer to your que...you've said it all. 20k to teach 3 subjects? Before you know it, na only head ur family go use sabi you...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Senate-approves-200million-world-bank-loan-for-lagos / Helping People Live Better Lives / Online Store For All Sorts Of Electronic Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.