Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,166 members, 7,811,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist (6791 Views)

"MouthAction Is Dangerous" Gynaecologist Warns / Photos Of This Cute Nigerian Gynaecologist Who Is Making Waves Online / How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy - Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by GOATandYAMtheory: 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2015

A Gynaecologist at Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital Kano, Dr. Jibril Abdullahi, has advised women to avoid cleaning the vagina with soap and alum as such could do more harm than good.

Abdullahi gave the advice against the backdrop of general understanding among women that such cleaning was the best way to keep the female part healthy.

He told the News Agency of Nigeria on Tuesday that the vagina had a pH level that needs to be maintained between 3.5 and 4.5 in order to prevent the growth of unhealthy bacteria and maintain the growth of good bacteria.

He said washing the vagina with harsh chemical could hurt the pH (potential of hydrogen) balance around the organ and could lead to irritation, infection, as well as offensive odour.

According to Abdullahi, women can use lukewarm water to clean by wiping from front to the back instead of using harsh chemicals in the area.

He explained that “the use of simple clean water is enough to keep the vagina clean because it has natural fluid to clean itself.

“The vagina cleanses itself. Avoid the use of feminine sprays on the vagina, scented pads, tampons, as well as scented wipes to avoid burning and irritation.

“Wipe from front to back to avoid bacteria from the anus invading the vagina and wear cotton underwears.

“Women should also avoid tight underwears made from synthetic fabrics such as silk and lace, among others.”

The gynaecologist also advised women to always change wet clothes and underwears immediately after workout or swimming to guard against yeast infection.

He said: “Taking yogurt also helps to prevent yeast infection.”

Abdullahi further advised women to maintain good hygiene during menstruation by changing sanitary pads frequently and to always wash the vagina after sex to minimise the chances of infection such as bacteria, among others, from invading the organ.

The expert also advised male partners to always wash the penis before sex to minimise bacterial infection invading the vagina, especially if condom was not used.

He advised women to urinate after sexual intercourse, saying it helped to flush bacteria out of the vaginal area and also prevent the risk of developing Urinary Tract Infection.

He stressed that “the consumption of fruits such as cranberries, pineapples, strawberries, among others, helps to freshen the smell of the liquids secreted by the vagina.

“Drinking lots of water and consuming lots of garlic also helps to remove toxins from the vagina, as well as prevent yeast infection.”

Abdullahi suggested kegel exercise to help maintain healthy vagina, noting that “it helps to strengthen the vaginal pelvic muscle due to the fact that it tends to get weaker with age and childbearing.

“Also, having sex regularly helps to keep the vagina toned and elastic as it is another way of maintaining healthy vagina.”

Abdullahi then advised women to go for regular test to check Sexually Transmitted Diseases and get treated if infection was present, stressing that if left untreated, it could cause long term damage.

He also urged women to seek medical help if there was a change in the looks, discharge, smell, as well as pain in and around the vagina.

NAN

http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/11/how-regular-sex-keeps-vagina-healthy-gynaecologist/?wt=3

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by GOATandYAMtheory: 5:24pm On Nov 11, 2015
I urge the mods to move this to the Front page with immediate effect.

Lalasticlala, dominique
Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by OKUCHI11(m): 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2015
some people go come YELL team VIRGIN all the way with their dirty toto
Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by Favparis(f): 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2015
So are you guys encouraging us to step up our games?
To make it a daily routine?
Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by agarawu23(m): 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by agarawu23(m): 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
I will comment later when I break my fast grin
Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by GOATandYAMtheory: 5:36pm On Nov 11, 2015
Favparis:
So are you guys encouraging us to step up our games?

To make it a daily routine?
Oh yes! Especially if you are married. Don't deny ya husband of sex. He is only trying to help you keep it healthy

1 Like

Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by GOATandYAMtheory: 5:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
agarawu23:
I will comment later when I break my fast grin
loolz cheesy cheesy

Come back here! grin
Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by majesty449: 5:40pm On Nov 11, 2015
Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by GOATandYAMtheory: 5:49pm On Nov 11, 2015
agarawu23:
these are people who always spam my email especially one Mr ikemba advertising joystick enlargement like say I tell am say my dicck small.

Se.un never still tell us how these people get our email from Nl undecided
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by Seun(m): 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2015
agarawu23:
Seun never still tell us how these people get our email from Nl undecided
You posted your email publicly.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by Adesiji77: 6:15pm On Nov 11, 2015
Seun:
You posted your email publicly.

I have never posted my email publicly yet I still get mails from the infamous Mr Ikemba... angry

Cc: agarawu23
Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by Dannyset(m): 6:30pm On Nov 11, 2015
This should educate our ladies the more!
Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by GOATandYAMtheory: 6:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
Dannyset:
This should educate our ladies the more!
Yes bro. I don't know what the mods are waiting for angry
Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by Seun(m): 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2015
Adesiji77:
I have never posted my email publicly yet I still get mails from the infamous Mr Ikemba... angry

https://www.nairaland.com/1262186/stanbic-ibtc-entry-level-recruitment/1#15953773 cough, cough

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by Aminat508(f): 7:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by agarawu23(m): 7:02pm On Nov 11, 2015
Adesiji77:

Cc: agaraw u23
Seun:
https://www.nairaland.com/1262186/stanbic-ibtc-entry-level-recruitment/1#15953773 cough, cough
this one wey seun don open your yarsh so, make I just no talk because I remember I once gave someone my email on this forum too.

But is the Mr ikemba searching all threads for email ni? That's where I am confused

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by Omotayor123(f): 7:12pm On Nov 11, 2015
Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by Adesiji77: 8:30pm On Nov 11, 2015

2 Likes

Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by Adesiji77: 8:32pm On Nov 11, 2015
Aminat508:
hahahahah cheesy

If I catch you, ehn.... angry

2 Likes

Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by Adesiji77: 8:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
agarawu23:
this one wey seun don open your yarsh so, make I just no talk because I remember I once gave someone my email on this forum too.

But is the Mr ikemba searching all threads for email ni? That's where I am confused

Don't mind Seun joor.... grin

I had no recollection of ever posting my email on Nairaland until now.
Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by Aminat508(f): 8:38pm On Nov 11, 2015
Adesiji77:

If I catch you, ehn.... angry
egbon Mi tongue tongue Busted!!!

1 Like

Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by Lanceslot(m): 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
Adesiji77:

I'm sincerely tired of that guys mails... It comes in everyday. Didn't know that he's connected to nairaland.
Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by Aminat508(f): 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lanceslot:
I'm sincerely tired of that guys mails... It comes in everyday. Didn't know that he's connected to nairaland.
mr ikemba don sabi all of una wey get small dick grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by Lanceslot(m): 8:55pm On Nov 11, 2015
Aminat508:
Say what Aminat I'm planning to reduce not enlarge, they say its scary.
Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by Aminat508(f): 8:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lanceslot:
Say what Aminat I'm planning to reduce not enlarge, they say its scary.
shocked shocked don't spoil me jooo cheesy
Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by Ishilove: 9:14pm On Nov 11, 2015
Never knew there were toxins in the punnany... embarassed grin

This is the first time I'm hearing that regular sex keeps the punny firm. I thought it was the other way round

3 Likes

Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by Ishilove: 9:14pm On Nov 11, 2015
Aminat508:
grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Regular Sex Keeps Vagina Healthy – Gynaecologist by Adesiji77: 9:31pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lanceslot:

I am tired too....is it by force to enlarge? angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yuda Hairgrowth Spray For Baldness And Hairloss Remedy Now In Nigeria / Plz Help Am Having Frequent Urination / Scent Leaf For Cough And Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.