Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Can A Medical Student Learn Programming - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can A Medical Student Learn Programming (837 Views)

Daughter Of Hospital Cleaner In South Africa Becomes A Medical Doctor (photo / I Regret Being A Medical Doctor / Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Medical Student Learn Programming by yungcheda(m): 7:29am On Nov 12, 2015
Hello,

Can a Medical student learn programming

I love the idea behind coding but I am going in to study Medicine. I just want to know if I can combine studying Medicine and practicing programming at same time?? Can I be an intermediate coder in my 6 yrs of studying medicine?? I intend practing coding everyday for 6yrs but giving greater attention to my medical course...I just want to know if it is possible. If 6 yrs is too small or too much...

Your intelligent replies will be greatly appreciated
Re: Can A Medical Student Learn Programming by ivoatt(m): 7:35am On Nov 12, 2015
yes u can learn it. You just have to learn how to manage your time for your studies and programming
Re: Can A Medical Student Learn Programming by SamjohnnyB(m): 7:38am On Nov 12, 2015
bro you can do. If u set your goals right. And mind you 6yrs is not too much, technology expands everyday, what is in vogue now might be not be again in 6yrs, so you can't know everything in six year, but you could be an expert in 6yrs IF you know what you are doing.
Re: Can A Medical Student Learn Programming by yungcheda(m): 7:53am On Nov 12, 2015
Thanks for the replies.

Why I ask this is because I want to create some good apps to help in Medicine and health niches but I cant because I do not really know how to do it...before I got admission, I already had some knowledge on Java up to the web development component part of Java but I am scared Medicine wont give me the time to expand and learn more...

I spoke to some medical students and they were like, except if I am ready to use the very little time they use to rest to practice my coding...otherwise, I wont really have time for coding... sad

I just want to continue what I already started

I need the replies to be without bias...let me know if I should just give up on programming and probably come back to it when I am done undecided
Re: Can A Medical Student Learn Programming by F22RAPTOR(m): 8:34am On Nov 12, 2015
the guy who taught me programming is a graduate of biochemistry and he is a boss, nuff said. time management is key. goodluck bro
Re: Can A Medical Student Learn Programming by yungcheda(m): 12:51pm On Nov 12, 2015
F2raptor...seriously That's cool
Re: Can A Medical Student Learn Programming by Lordsagna: 10:57pm On Jul 27, 2023
yungcheda:
Hello,

Can a Medical student learn programming

I love the idea behind coding but I am going in to study Medicine. I just want to know if I can combine studying Medicine and practicing programming at same time?? Can I be an intermediate coder in my 6 yrs of studying medicine?? I intend practing coding everyday for 6yrs but giving greater attention to my medical course...I just want to know if it is possible. If 6 yrs is too small or too much...

Your intelligent replies will be greatly appreciated

Hello sir, I'm in this same shoe you were then..
How did it later go ?... can I still learn to code in medical school ?
Hope it didn't affect your grades then?... I'd be delighted to get a reply from you sir.

(1) (Reply)

Help A Brother Make A Choice On Which Skills To Acquire / Diamond Bank Sacks 400 Staff / Oh Dear! See What Was Written About President Buhari's Daughter. (pics Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.