Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Do Doctors In General Hospitals Accept Clinical Tests Done Outside The Hospital? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do Doctors In General Hospitals Accept Clinical Tests Done Outside The Hospital? (714 Views)

Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) / Who Do Doctors Go To When They Fall Sick? / What A Doctor Did When I Accompanied A Female Friend To The Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Doctors In General Hospitals Accept Clinical Tests Done Outside The Hospital? by dewstar: 8:14am On Nov 12, 2015
I was at the Igando general hospital in Lagos yesterday to see the doctor. After seeing the doctor I was given some papers and told to do some tests. As I was going to look for the test lab I was approached by a lady who told me I. Could do the test and get a same day result (general hospital tests takes about 3days) at a lab outside the hospital.

I would like to find out from someone who may have patronized people like this if the tests are as good as what obtains in the hospital and also if they will be accepted by doctors there. I need to do this test today and so I need urgent help b4 I go with her. Pls help with some advice.
Re: Do Doctors In General Hospitals Accept Clinical Tests Done Outside The Hospital? by shoksimba: 10:03am On Nov 12, 2015
I don't know ho much your test costs, but to save you not to waste your money, its a NO.
dewstar:
I was at the Igando general hospital in Lagos yesterday to see the doctor. After seeing the doctor I was given some papers and told to do some tests. As I was going to look for the test lab I was approached by a lady who told me I. Could do the test and get a same day result (general hospital tests takes about 3days) at a lab outside the hospital.

I would like to find out from someone who may have patronized people like this if the tests are as good as what obtains in the hospital and also if they will be accepted by doctors there. I need to do this test today and so I need urgent help b4 I go with her. Pls help with some advice.
Re: Do Doctors In General Hospitals Accept Clinical Tests Done Outside The Hospital? by dewstar: 10:42am On Nov 12, 2015
shoksimba:
I don't know ho much your test costs, but to save you not to waste your money, its a NO.

I thought as much. So, is the NO for the quality of the test or for the acceptance sir. Pls I would like to know a bit more. Do you have experience in these things sir. Thanks.
Re: Do Doctors In General Hospitals Accept Clinical Tests Done Outside The Hospital? by shoksimba: 11:49am On Nov 12, 2015
acceptance: No they wont accept result from outside provided the test caan be done in the same hospital, if not they will give you a referral to designated diagnostic or clilnical lab.
dewstar:

I thought as much. So, is the NO for the quality of the test or for the acceptance sir. Pls I would like to know a bit more. Do you have experience in these things sir. Thanks.
Re: Do Doctors In General Hospitals Accept Clinical Tests Done Outside The Hospital? by dewstar: 1:31pm On Nov 12, 2015
shoksimba:
acceptance: No they wont accept result from outside provided the test caan be done in the same hospital, if not they will give you a referral to designated diagnostic or clilnical lab.

Ok then. Thank you so much for your help brother. God bless you richly.
Re: Do Doctors In General Hospitals Accept Clinical Tests Done Outside The Hospital? by shoksimba: 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
Amen o!!! Thanks too.
dewstar:

Ok then. Thank you so much for your help brother. God bless you richly.

(1) (Reply)

7 Health Benefits Of Honey / Be Careful Of The Drugs You Take (photo) / Meditation: Definition And Health Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.