Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Why You Should Not Engage In Cramming As A Student. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Should Not Engage In Cramming As A Student. (660 Views)

Edward Kisuze, Ugandan Lecturer Arrested For Sexually Harassing A Student / 9 Ways To Memorise Without Cramming / Fact About Sex, And Why Ladies Should Not Engage In Too Much Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Not Engage In Cramming As A Student. by elosonservices(m): 9:52am On Nov 12, 2015
One of the reason we go to school is to learn and through the learning we are been tested to know if we truly understood what has been deposited in us through teaching. But today people no longer take this basic principle serious instead they prefer to pass through cramming.
Today I shall be sharing with you on the dangers of cramming and why I think you should not cram rather go for the understanding of the concept in question and in no time you will get that grade you are looking for with ease. I have come to realize in my little studies that cramming is like a cancer that destroys the senses of reasoning.
Cramming may see you through in school but will screw you for the rest of your life if urgent steps are not taking to address it. If you have an understanding of a subject you can explain the subject in so many ways and still come to the original meaning of the subject but a fellow who crams may not be able to do that. Cramming makes you to quote and not be able to explain let’s take for instance a MACHINE I know that a machine is a device that makes work or duty more convenient and easy to do, but a crammer with this information will not be able to go beyond this definition.
Like I always tell people if you follow excellence success will chase you. If you go deep into this quote you will realize that there is a big gap between understanding the concept of a particular subject and cramming a subject. I explain machine before in this article, a crammer may define machine base on the text he/she read from but might not be able to apply it to solve day to day activities but someone with full knowledge of machine will be able to use it to solve problems, define and explain it in so many ways at any given time.
Like I have define machine earlier in this articles to help change people mind set why they should not cram but rather go for knowledge of any subject they will be taught we shall look at machine a gain and let's see how you will cope with me.
MACHINE is any device or thing or a system that makes work easier. For instance you want to talk to somebody in London or far from you, you use a telephone is a machine, you want to travel you use vehicle is a machine, you want to eat you use a spoon is a machine, you want to hold your trouser firm you use a bet is a machine. You see all the devices I have mention earlier makes work more easier.
The idea is for you to see that cramming is not good. It is better you don’t chase good grade rather chase the knowledge of a particular subject and good grade will chase you. Always ask question were you are lost, consult books and useful materials that can give you more insight on the subject in question.
I will conclude by saying people are screwed for lack of knowledge.
http://www.elosonservices.com/why-you-should-not-
engage-in-cramming/
Re: Why You Should Not Engage In Cramming As A Student. by Chimaritoponcho: 10:08am On Nov 12, 2015
you are even screwed more when u fail a course while trying to understand it when u can easily cram and pass
just tell us to cram and pass first then later we can seek understanding of the course
Re: Why You Should Not Engage In Cramming As A Student. by Baboo13(m): 10:25am On Nov 12, 2015
;D2nd to comment

After you carry 3rd class come house, goan tell your daddy that you wanted to understand the course and not cram it, that was why you were getting Es and Fs

Gimme likes please

grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Engage In Cramming As A Student. by mhizdarmie(f): 10:54am On Nov 12, 2015
[quote author=Baboo13 post=39938453] ;D2nd to comment

After you carry 3rd class come house, goan tell your daddy that you wanted to understand the course and not cram it, that was why you were getting Es and Fs

Gimme likes please

nd u will start hearing stories abt how he was d top of his class in d 90s...nd one will be almost dead if one ask for anyfin especially money
Re: Why You Should Not Engage In Cramming As A Student. by Baboo13(m): 12:10pm On Nov 12, 2015
[quote author=mhizdarmie post=39939302][/quote]

Looool all those cool stories
Re: Why You Should Not Engage In Cramming As A Student. by mhizdarmie(f): 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2015
[quote author=Baboo13 post=39941778]
exactly...dads can be so strict sometimes
Re: Why You Should Not Engage In Cramming As A Student. by Baboo13(m): 5:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
[quote author=mhizdarmie post=39984655][/quote]
Yh. Most Moms are not as strict as dads

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Behind "Mid Semester Break" In OAU Signed By TY / Usmanu Danfodio University Post Graduate Programme. / UNILORIN SSANU Breaks 16-yearold Tradition, Embarks On Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.