Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin (1532 Views)

Yinka Odumakin, Gani Adams Are Fraudsters, Thugs - Governor Akeredolu / "Osinbajo Acts Under A Cabal Loyal To President Buhari" - Yinka Odumakin / Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by slimtee101: 9:52am On Nov 12, 2015
Reactions have continued to trail today’s (November 11, 2015) swearing in by President Muhammadu Buhari of his cabinet after five long months of waiting for him to do same.

Buhari while inaugurating his cabinet today, expressed optimism “that bringing these set of ministers into the service of our country today, is a step in the right direction and timely move towards realising our positive goals for our country.”

Greennews.ng spoke with President Buhari’s former spokesman and National Publicity Secretary of the Yoruba socio-political organization, Afenifere, Mr. Yinka Odumakin on Nigerians expectations of the new Ministers.

He said, “They have to hit the ground running because they have lost almost six months out of four years. There is no time because all the economic indices are going down. JP Morgan has delisted Nigeria from Emerging Market, you know about Virgin sacking all their Nigerian workers, things are generally not looking good and there has been no economic direction yet.

“Now that new ministers have been sworn in, there must be clear direction and in the midst of the global oil crisis, they need to think out of the box to move the country out of the woods. It is not a time to start partying or celebrating, it is rather time for them to roll their sleeves and get working. I have had enough of excuses, of finger pointing and all. Yes, we must fight corruption but there must be a clear direction in doing that.

When asked specifically about the newly merged Ministry of Power, Works and Housing which is headed by the former Lagos state governor, Babatunde Fashola which is critical to the economy as Nigerians are tired of darkness, Odumakin said, “I think that to give one man the ministry of works, power and housing is a recipe for failure. I say this because of the enormity of the task involved. I dare say that if God does not help him, it may be the demystification of the whole Fashola myth. Power alone is more than enough for someone to cope with in the administration but to now combine it with works, you know how bad all the roads are across the country and then housing too. I hope he does not get crushed by the weight of this responsibility. That is my prayer for him.

http://greennews.ng/ministry-of-power-housing-and-works-together-fasholas-recipe-for-failure-odumakin/

Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by yimikaa: 9:53am On Nov 12, 2015
Yinka lodo mtchheew

1 Like

Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by deadZONE: 9:54am On Nov 12, 2015
True!!!!
All the ministers given more than
one ministry are bound to fail....
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by bigtt76(f): 9:55am On Nov 12, 2015
What is this one saying again? Was BRF not a governor? Are governors not the overall supervisor of all ministries? How did he manage to do it in Lagos? #mtscheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew. Some people sef just wan get small relevance angry

slimtee101:

Reactions have continued to trail today’s (November 11, 2015) swearing in by President Muhammadu Buhari of his cabinet after five long months of waiting for him to do same.

Buhari while inaugurating his cabinet today, expressed optimism “that bringing these set of ministers into the service of our country today, is a step in the right direction and timely move towards realising our positive goals for our country.”

Greennews.ng spoke with President Buhari’s former spokesman and National Publicity Secretary of the Yoruba socio-political organization, Afenifere, Mr. Yinka Odumakin on Nigerians expectations of the new Ministers.

He said, “They have to hit the ground running because they have lost almost six months out of four years. There is no time because all the economic indices are going down. JP Morgan has delisted Nigeria from Emerging Market, you know about Virgin sacking all their Nigerian workers, things are generally not looking good and there has been no economic direction yet.

“Now that new ministers have been sworn in, there must be clear direction and in the midst of the global oil crisis, they need to think out of the box to move the country out of the woods. It is not a time to start partying or celebrating, it is rather time for them to roll their sleeves and get working. I have had enough of excuses, of finger pointing and all. Yes, we must fight corruption but there must be a clear direction in doing that.

When asked specifically about the newly merged Ministry of Power, Works and Housing which is headed by the former Lagos state governor, Babatunde Fashola which is critical to the economy as Nigerians are tired of darkness, Odumakin said, “I think that to give one man the ministry of works, power and housing is a recipe for failure. I say this because of the enormity of the task involved. I dare say that if God does not help him, it may be the demystification of the whole Fashola myth. Power alone is more than enough for someone to cope with in the administration but to now combine it with works, you know how bad all the roads are across the country and then housing too. I hope he does not get crushed by the weight of this responsibility. That is my prayer for him.

http://greennews.ng/ministry-of-power-housing-and-works-together-fasholas-recipe-for-failure-odumakin/
Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by erunz(m): 9:55am On Nov 12, 2015
TRUE TALK
Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by madridguy(m): 9:57am On Nov 12, 2015
Fashola will shame the frustrated Yinka Odumakin.

2 Likes

Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by eleko1: 9:59am On Nov 12, 2015
Give the same position to Yinka Odumakin and watch the man praise baba Daura to high heaven. Did Fashola complain to u that he's not capable? Useless talk from a useless man.Iranu lasan undecided sad

5 Likes

Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by kestolove95(m): 10:01am On Nov 12, 2015
Brilliant yoruba man thinking like ibo man

4 Likes

Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by tunjiajayi: 10:02am On Nov 12, 2015
Bad belle people.
Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by shizzy7(f): 10:10am On Nov 12, 2015
deadZONE:
True!!!!
Those that had only ONE and almost ten delegates and sub-commitees they failed.

They were paid handsomely for being failures.

2 Likes

Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by themilanway(m): 10:15am On Nov 12, 2015
See them!Agents of doom.

Disgruntled elements.

1 Like

Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by sandraokosun1: 10:18am On Nov 12, 2015
.i am indeed shocked to my marrows that this man would say a thing as this.
i have just lost the myopic respect for him.
The pdp should understand that OPPOSITION ISNT ABOUT THROWING STONES AT EVERY SINGLE MOVE OF THE RULING.
in the usa we see republicians or democrats agreeing and applauding to certain right move of the ruling.
i had thought the pdp promised a rebranded matured opposition.

The whole of nigeria had wished that if fashola was given either power or works, we would be heading somewhere.
party affiliation aside everyone has hope in fashola, must the pdp throw stones at everything?
cant it just remain silent if it have nothing to say.

I maintain that pdp should cut off all its present spokesmen frm ffk,fayose,bruce,akabio,metu,dokpesi,odumakin
Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by TippyTop(m): 10:23am On Nov 12, 2015
I think that to give one man the ministry of works, power and housing is a recipe for failure. I say this because of the enormity of the task involved.

The Fashola myth and legend will soon be demystified.

1 Like

Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:25am On Nov 12, 2015
Singing *Sanbalati n be l'aye, Tobia n be. Iran Juda ko ton l'aye nse ni ka fun ra. Ero buburu ti Haman ro l'ori Modecai ja s'asan, igbega lo yori si* (Sanbalat and Tobias are in the world. The generation of Judas is much more around. We should be observant. The evil thought of Haman against Mordecai boomeranged and led to Mordecai's success).

Odumakin and others wanting this government to fail are like the Biblical Sanbalat and Tobiah. At the end Nehemiah (Buhari) will rejoice over them.

2 Likes

Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by Montaque(m): 10:27am On Nov 12, 2015
I pray for BRF.
That's all I ve got apart from Criticism.
Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by nickxtra(m): 10:28am On Nov 12, 2015
See who dey talk. Weti concern u?
Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by Pavore9: 10:35am On Nov 12, 2015
Fashola's success will be to the benefit of Nigerians.
Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:31am On Nov 12, 2015
sandraokosun1:
.i am indeed shocked to my marrows that this man would say a thing as this.
i have just lost the myopic respect for him.
The pdp should understand that OPPOSITION ISNT ABOUT THROWING STONES AT EVERY SINGLE MOVE OF THE RULING.
in the usa we see republicians or democrats agreeing and applauding to certain right move of the ruling.
i had thought the pdp promised a rebranded matured opposition.

The whole of nigeria had wished that if fashola was given either power or works, we would be heading somewhere.
party affiliation aside everyone has hope in fashola, must the pdp throw stones at everything?
cant it just remain silent if it have nothing to say.

I maintain that pdp should cut off all its present spokesmen frm ffk,fayose,bruce,akabio,metu,dokpesi,odumakin

u shud be praying pdp dont take over edo state from apc cum next year election.
Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by IAMTHEHERO: 11:40am On Nov 12, 2015

- A yoruba man and Buhari's former spokesman.

Please, the APC e- robots and zombies should apologize to Nigerians. I keep on saying this '' THE ZOMBIES AND APC ROBOTS ARE THE ENEMIES OF NIGERIA" They cannot call evil ''evil'' especially once it involves the likes of Buhari, Amaechi, and Tinubu.
Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by segalex: 11:51am On Nov 12, 2015
"you know how bad all the roads are across the country and
then housing too. I hope he does not get crushed by the
weight of this responsibility."
Really? I thought you guys said Jonathan constructed /repaired over 25,000kms of roads few months ago?
Yinka has never been himself since he collected the 12 million naira national conference money!
Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by viktagorion: 11:56am On Nov 12, 2015
Yinka Odumakin was once Buhari's spokesperson.

He would have been part of his kitchen cabinet now if he hadn't left him unceremoniously.

A certain Mike Ahamba also comes to mind.

Dear God, give me the patience and perseverance needed in life to fulfill my destiny. And let me be in the right place at the right time.

Let another not reap what I sowed.

Odumakin is clearly frustrated.

1 Like

Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by mazeltov(m): 11:58am On Nov 12, 2015
[b]Mr Yinka Odumakin is one of those Pdp ass lickers who have lost contact with reality, he seeks attention like gulder Ultimate search hence, brandishing twaddles so as to keep his head up in the political arena.
Lagos state is a miniaturized version of Nigeria. Everything that happens in Lagos state would one way or the other send waves to all other parts of Nigeria. If you want to know an effective leader, let him rule Lagos state. If Fashola was able to rule lagos state and stiil achieve something meaningful, if Fashola was able to uplift the glory of lagos state despite numerous challenges, then who is Power sector? Who is work sector? Who is housing sector? In the history of Pdp, I have never seen any minister that was nominated and people will be celebrating through out Nigeria. The best minister Pdp has produced was Mrs Ngozi and the woman ended up deceving us. We all know how she used her sugar coated words to brainwash us that our economy is bouyant. Mr Yinka, your opinion used to be relevant ''when stealing is not corruption''. Now that stealing is corruption,you have to keep off- men are working. Now that if Nwobodo stole just N20, he deserves to rot in jail. You used to make sense when Gej told us that has completed the rehabilitation of lagos-ibadan express road. It's a new dawn sir. The era of buying bulletproof car is over[/b]

1 Like

Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by deanoffaculty: 12:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
deadZONE:
True!!!!
Why?
Re: Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin by dustydee: 12:22pm On Nov 12, 2015
You can't help but feel for this man. I bet he wishes he hadn't left Buhari. He would have been in Garba Shehu's position now.

(1) (Reply)

What I Learned From Fashola's First Press Briefing / And Nnamdi Kanu Enters The New Year From Prison / We Will Insult Buhari, APC , And Their Officials.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.