Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds (819 Views)

List Of 25 Roads N100bn Sukuk Bond Proceeds Will Be Spent On - Fashola / Court Remands Babangida Aliyu In Prison Custody / Court Remands Dasuki In Kuje Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by ProfKen(m): 4:52pm On Nov 12, 2015
A Federal High Court in Lagos on Thursday ordered the prison remand of two men, Ikenna Ozoh and Ogbo Obiora, for allegedly laundering about N128m, said to be proceeds of illegal narcotics business.
The remand of the two followed their arraignment on four counts of money laundering by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency.
ADVERTISEMENT

The NDLEA specifically accused Obiora of collaborating with one Chinedu, who is now at large, to conceal N128m in his (Obiora’s) personal savings bank account with Diamond Bank.
The accused was said to have committed the offence between February 2014 and 2015.
Ikenna and Obiora were said to have been arrested on September 9, 2015 at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos State, during the outward clearance of passengers onboard an Ethiad Airline flight to Brazil.

The NDLEA prosecutor, Mr. Ibrahim Abu, also told the court that the sum of $34,000 was recovered from Ikenna, which he failed to declare to the Nigerian Customs Service, “knowing that the said money directly or indirectly represents proceeds of a criminal conduct, to wit: dealing and trafficking in narcotic drug.”
Abu said the offence ran contrary to sections 2(5), 15(1)(b) and 18 (a) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011, stressing that the accused were liable to being punished under sections 16(a) and 17(a) of the same law.
Ikenna and Obiora however pleaded not guilty to the four counts leveled against them.
Following bail applications by their lawyer, Mr. Victor Abana, Justice Saliu Saidu admitted each of Ikenna and Obiora to bail in the sum of N20m with two sureties each in like sum.

The judge said one of the sureties must be a civil servant either with the federal or state government and must be on at least Level 17.
The second surety, the judge said, must be a blood relation of the accused persons, who must own a landed property in Lagos and must also be resident in Lagos State.

Justice Saidu also ordered the accused to deposit their international passport in the custody of the NDLEA.

He, however, ordered the prison remand of the two accused pending when they will fulfill the bail conditions.

Trial was adjourned till February 2, 2016, with the judge directing the prosecution to furnish the defence with the all the necessary court processes, so as to ensure speedy trial.

http://punchng.com/court-remands-two-for-laundering-n128m-drug-proceeds/
Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by Molebs(m): 4:54pm On Nov 12, 2015
This men are just errand guys... The main baron is somewhere cleaning traces... proper investigation should be done

3 Likes

Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by abduljabbar4(m): 5:03pm On Nov 12, 2015
Guyxander
Igboson
Soundking
Chukwudi
Themonster

I would rather sell poo in a nylon than to sell hard drugs and get arrested. Thats how una go build una biafra. In biafra, drug trafficking in fact is an act of patriotism

6 Likes

Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by Themonster: 5:04pm On Nov 12, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Guyxander
Igboson
Soundking
Chukwudi
Themonster

I would rather sell poo in a nylon than to sell hard drugs and get arrested. Thats how una go build una biafra. In biafra, drug trafficking in fact is an act of patriotism

hopeless gworo muncher from leprosy infested tribe wetin you dey mention me

bastard from a cursed tribe of breading pigs of women.

Kitikpa sewaa i onu ebea

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by politricks: 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2015
*Singing*

''After the raggae check the name the name the name.''

3 Likes

Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by abduljabbar4(m): 5:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
Themonster:

Kitikpa sewaa i onu ebea

Seun this guy is supposed to be banned since last week na. And anytime i insult him back i get banned. Is seun ur uncle?

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by ajepako(f): 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
Themonster:

Kitikpa sewaa i onu ebea

Chai... You no nice oh! grin

2 Likes

Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by abduljabbar4(m): 5:23pm On Nov 12, 2015
Themonster:
[s][/s]

trash why did you mention me in your useless comments

you think you can blackmail the mods to ban me based on false accusations?

by the way who told you I care about ban?

the mods should check posts to know the guilty be me and you.

so just Sharap and gerrarahia meehn

The last time we were exchanging insults u could last up to 10 mins. Go and find ur mate.

Dont forget to warn ur brothers to stop trafficking drugs and learn goro trade

2 Likes

Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by Themonster: 5:25pm On Nov 12, 2015
[s]
abduljabbar4:

The last time we were exchanging insults u could last up to 10 mins. Go and find ur mate.

Dont forget to warn ur brothers to stop trafficking drugs and learn goro trade
[/s]

Thunder scatter your ancestors there
hopeless vagabond Useless gworo chewing bastard from a prostitute mother and leprosy infested tribe

tell your people to stop chewing gworo and stop bombing themselves to stupor

useless bastard terrorist incarnated vagabond

ala fejuo nne i anya ebea
Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by Movic1(m): 5:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
I neva open diz thread I dn knw say na Igbos. Biafra go worst pass mexico and brazil

2 Likes

Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by ProfKen(m): 5:29pm On Nov 12, 2015
hmmmm, easy guys
Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by Pavore9: 5:32pm On Nov 12, 2015
Greed to live big!
Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by omoelesa(m): 5:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
Flattheads from biafra, won't stop tarnishing the image of this country.May Ogun scatter the head of anybody, against tha actualisation of biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 12, 2015

Looking all over the post for the name like

Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by Phame: 6:32pm On Nov 12, 2015
God, deliver me from this nonsense I have been taught on nairaland; I checked the name of the suspects first.
Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by opiaoku: 7:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
[s]
abduljabbar4:

You are a product of a contaminated sperm owned by a an a$$-stupeed donkey-brained castrated, cursed and dispised ugly gorilla that you call your father. Bastard son of an international p0rnstar and lesbian b!tch that fvcks nothing but apes and baboons. No wonder you behave like a rejected, born throway bastard. You better go and commit suicide cos a half-human being that was interbred with a gorilla doesnt deserve to live. You ungly, stinking bastard

Get out!
[/s]

Thunder scatter your harlot mother Insha'Allah amin
die by bomb Insha'Allah amin
die die Insha'Allah amin
die die die die die die die die die die die
hopeless bastard son of a gworo seller and a product of leprosy infested tribe and bunch of uncircumcised bastard terrorists
Tinka tigbuo nna i
Afo sagbuo nne i
Otolo gbagbuo nna i
Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by abduljabbar4(m): 7:24pm On Nov 12, 2015
opiaoku:
[s][/s]

die die Insha'Allah amin
hopeless bastard son of a gworo seller and a product of leprosy infested tribe and bunch of uncircumcised bastard terrorists
Tinka tigbuo nna i
Afo sagbuo nne i
Otolo gbagbuo nna i

Its like u want some too. Ur friend must be having heart attack right now. I no get una time
Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by opiaoku: 7:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
[s]
abduljabbar4:

Its like u want some too. Ur friend must be having heart attack right now. I no get una time
[/s]

get out you Hopeless bastard from cow dung infested tribe.

useless pigs

gworo chewing bastard

die die die die die die Insha'Allah amin
Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by opiaoku: 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2015
[s]
abduljabbar4:

You are a product of a contaminated sperm owned by a an a$$-stupeed donkey-brained castrated, cursed and dispised ugly gorilla that you call your father. Bastard son of an international p0rnstar and lesbian b!tch that fvcks nothing but apes and baboons. No wonder you behave like a rejected, born throway bastard. You better go and commit suicide cos a half-human being that was interbred with a gorilla doesnt deserve to live. You ungly, stinking bastard

Get out!
[/s]
Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by Saturn213: 9:00pm On Nov 12, 2015
opiaoku:
[s][/s]

get out you Hopeless bastard from cow dung infested tribe.

useless pigs

gworo chewing bastard

die die die die die die Insha'Allah amin

Lalasticlala Seun

This is the same poster who enjoys abusing Nairalanders

Please kindly deal with him
Re: Court Remands Two For Laundering N128m Drug Proceeds by Saturn213: 9:00pm On Nov 12, 2015
opiaoku:
[s][/s]

die die Insha'Allah amin
Tinka tigbuo nna i
Afo sagbuo nne i
Otolo gbagbuo nna i

Lalasticlala Seun

This is the same poster who enjoys abusing Nairalanders

Please kindly deal with him

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Elders Reject Biafra / Stop Panic Buying, Fuel Not Scarce, NNPC Insists / biafra protest drop Oil Production by half In Akwa Ibom/ Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.