Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Pdp National Conference; The Shenanigans Continue. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp National Conference; The Shenanigans Continue. (964 Views)

Ali Modu Sheriff Storms PDP National Secretariat This Morning / PDP National Caretaker Committee Takes Over Following Handover Ceremony. Photos / 7 Key PDP Members Who Were Absent At Pdp's National Conference Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp National Conference; The Shenanigans Continue. by shegxi(m): 5:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
Let me state clearly that i am not a big fan of pdp neither do i belong to the apc(though i have a soft spot for president buhari and the v.p, osinbajo), so this piece is coming on the backdrops of the fact that i look forward to a better Nigeria.
So when i heard of the pdp national conference, i was hoping this will become a good avenue for pdp to reflect and re-strategize so as to offer effective opposition to the apc but lo and behold, to say i was disappointed is an understatement.
It was same of same nonsence that they have done over the years that was repeated today. No thought provoking discussions, no action plan was suggested. In fact, i heard apc mentioned in there speeches more than the acronym pdp itself. Speaker after speaker, most were simply talking about winning elections and regaining power. To even be specific, the acting chairman of the board of trustees, dr haliru bello said pdp has laid good foundation for nigeria and that every good thing we see today is because of pdp but went further to say apc shld be blamed for the economy and security.
In a national conference, i thought it is a forum where people come together and discuss real issues and then go on to take frank decisions. What i saw today was a jamboree and a pity party, that is not the way to go if they want to remain relevant and be taken seriously. To be fair on senator Godswill akpabio, he was the only person who harped on the need for sober reflections and things to be done differently. The rest of the speakers were just saying the same lines and rhetorics over the year.
Finally, it will do us(Nigeria) no good if we fall into a one party system, so pdp must either truly evolve or metamorphised into another party that can challenge the ruling party. This is the time for those that truly love pdp to look themselves in the face and speak the truth(which most times are bitter and not palatable) to one another. If the show of shame today is their defination of a national conference, then pdp is on its way to the abyss of "that party was once a great party".

1 Like

Re: Pdp National Conference; The Shenanigans Continue. by shegxi(m): 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2015
For the pdp faithfuls, were u guys satisfied with what you witnessed today? Differing opinions are welcomed...........
Re: Pdp National Conference; The Shenanigans Continue. by lawyer(m): 6:05pm On Nov 12, 2015
It was not a forum to discuss proposals on how to move forward. That can be found in the Ekweremadu Report reviewing what went wrong in the last election for Pdp and proposals on how to move the party forward. It was a day for PDP faithfuls to come together after the last elections and pledge their solidarity to the party to work towards its success in the next election. The PDP Convention holds next year and new NWC would come in to move the party forward. Today wasnt a day for speeches or frank discussions. It was a day to make APC know PDP is still alive and would provide stiff opposition. It was a day to encourage the youths to become part of PDP and help shape the party's policies.
Re: Pdp National Conference; The Shenanigans Continue. by shegxi(m): 6:11pm On Nov 12, 2015
lawyer:
It was not a forum to discuss proposals on how to move forward. That can be found in the Ekweremadu Report reviewing what went wrong in the last election for Pdp and proposals on how to move the party forward. It was a day for PDP faithfuls to come together after the last elections and pledge their solidarity to the party to work towards its success in the next election. The PDP Convention holds next year and new NWC would come in to move the party forward. Today wasnt a day for speeches or frank discussions. It was a day to make APC know PDP is still alive and would provide stiff opposition. It was a day to encourage the youths to become part of PDP and help shape the party's policies.
in essence, you are alluding to the fact that it is not a conference? Why tag it one in the first place? They culd have simply named it a solidarity rally or something. By naming it a national conference, they gave a wrong impression and that in itself is not a sign of seriousness.
Re: Pdp National Conference; The Shenanigans Continue. by themilanway(m): 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2015
I doubt if the staunch pro PDP here even watched the telecast.

PDP is now a regional party,KOWA will replace them as the opposition party.
Re: Pdp National Conference; The Shenanigans Continue. by sandraokosun1: 6:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
lawyer:
pdp has to showcase an owambe style with its women rocking their asoebi as ever, is that sober reflection or the pdp took its whole strength just to let us knw it still got members in senate or what.
Frm the way each of them were calling their colleagues to the 'dance floor' showed childliness. We are nt blind to forget it has minority in senate or rep, we didnt need ths owambe to tell us. So as u put it, the reason has been defeated. No lecture just a bunch of mofo dancing godwin and screaming apc upon apc. The same youth you speak of were huridely rushed out, the mc almost didnt want the youth chairman to speak. It was a show of the agbada men.
The women representative voiced her anger so loud that she was disappointed it took late in the show to call her, screaming pdp nwc shld involve women
Re: Pdp National Conference; The Shenanigans Continue. by sandraokosun1: 6:45pm On Nov 12, 2015
lawyer:
ekweremadu the confused senator that couldnt walk out with pdp but with apc on ameachi is the one now writing constitution and report for the killer party.
Pdp is truly finished
who among those block heads present in pdp will be reading a paper. Is it kashamu, ochendu,obanikoro, george
Re: Pdp National Conference; The Shenanigans Continue. by mikolo80: 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
shegxi:
Let me state clearly that i am not a big fan of pdp neither do i belong to the apc(though i have a soft spot for president buhari and the v.p, osinbajo), so this piece is coming on the backdrops of the fact that i look forward to a better Nigeria.
So when i heard of the pdp national conference, i was hoping this will become a good avenue for pdp to reflect and re-strategize so as to offer effective opposition to the apc but lo and behold, to say i was disappointed is an understatement.
It was same of same nonsence that they have done over the years that was repeated today. No thought provoking discussions, no action plan was suggested. In fact, i heard apc mentioned in there speeches more than the acronym pdp itself. Speaker after speaker, most were simply talking about winning elections and regaining power. To even be specific, the acting chairman of the board of trustees, dr haliru bello said pdp has laid good foundation for nigeria and that every good thing we see today is because of pdp but went further to say apc shld be blamed for the economy and security.
In a national conference, i thought it is a forum where people come together and discuss real issues and then go on to take frank decisions. What i saw today was a jamboree and a pity party, that is not the way to go if they want to remain relevant and be taken seriously. To be fair on senator Godswill akpabio, he was the only person who harped on the need for sober reflections and things to be done differently. The rest of the speakers were just saying the same lines and rhetorics over the year.

can't blame them
very easy for ignorant ppl to stay believing there own lies

Finally, it will do us(Nigeria) no good if we fall into a one party system, so pdp must either truly evolve or metamorphised into another party that can challenge the ruling party. This is the time for those that truly love pdp to look themselves in the face and speak the truth(which most times are bitter and not palatable) to one another.

relax apc Will divide and there will always be opposition even if it's kowa party

If the show of shame today is their defination of a national conference, then pdp is on its way to the abyss of "that party was once a great party".

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Wife Causes Uproar In The Senate As She ‘takes Over’ Ekweremadu's Se / Between Buhari and Obasanjo, Who Is Saying The Truth Here?......picture. / Governor Wike Repatriates RSSDA Scholars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.