Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,842 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order (31823 Views)

Rivers: APC Govt Using Army, SARS Personnel To Hijack Election Materials – Wike / Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza, Warri, Delta State / Gunmen Shoot At Pius Odubu In Auchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by denisbath(m): 8:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
j
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ok
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
Yujin:
Lol. Jungle go soon mature. When multitudes get the same arms then they will know what's up. Freedom is not gotten without a challenge that's what we've grown to discover. Death to this Nigeria.
All those are for unarmed pple, Asad Army can't say that to ISIS or Free Syria Army.
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by banggy: 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
This only apply to boko haram noth eastern area and not everywhere.. my thought though
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by joystickextend1(m): 8:28pm On Nov 12, 2015
hope the civilians are safe sha embarassed
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by chizpim(m): 8:28pm On Nov 12, 2015
They are only good at punishing and shooting innocent civilians, if them see boko dem go run.
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 12, 2015
Kastonkastroll:
Ipob/massob touts, lolx the military have finally warn you guys. If una like make una go disturb the peace of law abiding citizens tomorrow.
The IGP Solomon Arase just told us Bokoharam has killed 90,000 police officers so far. So it will be safe to assume the army has lost triple that number. Now, is this the same military you're making noise with? Cowards that can't face Bokoharam

Whatever is left of their battered remains will be properly taken care of down here should they choose to attack unarmed protesting Biafrans. Let them channel their energy towards routing Bokoharam.
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 12, 2015
hmmm....
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by Bollinger(m): 8:31pm On Nov 12, 2015
lygn19:
mumu people u mean shoot at sight by shooting helpless and unarmed bus drivers or punishing civilians for flimsy excuses?

The OP is just too stupid to comprehend the write up. There is nowhere it said to shoot at sight. Some people need to apply for a refund of their tuition fees.
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by Bollinger(m): 8:32pm On Nov 12, 2015
lolaxavier:

The Nigerian Army has warned its officers and men engaged in internal security coordination with the Nigeria Police Force to be alive to their responsibilities of adequate protection of lives and property and desist from taking sides.

It warned that officers found taking sides in any internal insurrection or failing to perform their responsibility as expected would face the consequences of their actions.

In a reminder of the Nigerian Army Rule of Engagement (ROE) for Internal Security Operations (Operation Mesa) obtained by PRNigeria from the Acting Director of Army Public Relations, Col Sani Usman, the force frowned against “the observed short comings especially negligence and outright ignorance displayed by troops deployed for Operation MESA and other Internal Security (IS) Operations.”

“For the avoidance of doubt, the ROE and Code of Conduct set out the circumstances and limitations, under which armed force may be applied to achieve military objectives in furtherance of government policy within Operation MESA and other IS Operations.”

“Any officer or soldier found aiding or abetting any act of arson, vandalism or unprofessional conduct, would be severely dealt with according to the extant laws.”

Once deployed on any internal security (IS) operation, Usman said “it is the duty of an officer or soldier to ensure the enforcement of law and order in conjunction with other security agencies.”

He reminded troops that they are duty bound to intervene in any situation to avoid a breakdown in peace, stability or law and order of an area where they are deployed.

“It is inexcusable for troops to stand aside and watch the security situation deteriorate leading to loss of lives or damage to property without intervening. Such intervention should, however, be based strictly on sound judgement and within the ambit of the code of conduct for IS Operations while exhibiting good professional ethics”, he added.

Citing Sect 217 (2) (c) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), which provides that the Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN) shall suppress insurrection and act in aid of civil authority to restore order when called upon to do so by the President, Commander-in-Chief reinforced by Sect (cool (1) and (3) of the Armed Forces Act, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, (LFN) 2004, the Army declares “this presupposes that troops have to use necessary force to quell crisis resulting in deaths, injury and damages to properties”.

Other highlights of the ROE include:

Principle of minimum force and proportionality must be applied at all times; whenever operational situation permits, every reasonable effort shall be made to control the situation through measures short of using force, including personal contact and negotiations; the use of lethal force shall only be resorted to if all other means to control the situation have failed or in case of unexpected attack or suspected Improvised Explosive Device (IED) attack during which a delay could lead to loss of life or serious injury to personnel; and that any force applied must be limited in its intensity and duration; it must also be commensurate with the level of threat posed.

Others are that: force shall be used only when absolutely necessary to achieve an immediate aim; the decision to open fire shall be made only on orders and under the control of on-scene commander, unless there is insufficient time to obtain such order. Fire can however be opened if the life of a soldier, any law abiding member of the public and/or property of which it is our duty to protect is in grave danger; fire must be aimed and controlled. Indiscriminate firing is not permitted.

Also: Fire may be opened to forcefully stop any vehicle that fails to stop at a checkpoint or road block when ordered to stop for search; automatic fire will only be opened as a last resort; avoid collateral damage; after fire has ceased, render medical assistance and record details of incident both in writing and using audio/visual equipment whether or not casualty has been recorded; and whenever in doubt, seek clarification from higher headquarters.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/12/army-warns-personnel-to-be-active-gives-shoot-at-sight-order/

You are a re.tard. Where does it say shoot at sight?
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by petrelli07: 8:33pm On Nov 12, 2015
When I saw the words "internal insurrection" and "op mesa" I knew what they meant; IPOB youths please leave the streets or get shot...

1 Like

Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by Lanretoye(m): 8:34pm On Nov 12, 2015
starpon1:
I swear wit my blood any zoo army DAT will shoot at any Biafra peaceful protest again. because of dis damn rant from burantashi, will see d best of me. am not a chest beater like d waste do say ask of me AGU JI EGBE!!!!!
U mean ur e-best?
Let's see hw you intend to programme ctrl+A= Aim and ctrl+S=shot

1 Like

Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by nikz(f): 8:37pm On Nov 12, 2015
Pebcak:
Not Bad

Principle of minimum force and proportionality must be applied at all times; whenever operational situation permits, every reasonable effort shall be made to control the situation through measures short of using force, including personal contact and negotiations; the use of lethal force shall only be resorted to if all other means to control the situation have failed or in case of unexpected attack or suspected Improvised Explosive Device (IED) attack during which a delay could lead to loss of life or serious injury to personnel; and that any force applied must be limited in its intensity and duration; it must also be commensurate with the level of threat posed.

Others are that: force shall be used only when absolutely necessary to achieve an immediate aim; the decision to open fire shall be made only on orders and under the control of on-scene commander, unless there is insufficient time to obtain such order. Fire can however be opened if the life of a soldier, any law abiding member of the public and/or property of which it is our duty to protect is in grave danger; fire must be aimed and controlled. Indiscriminate firing is not permitted.

Also: Fire may be opened to forcefully stop any vehicle that fails to stop at a checkpoint or road block when ordered to stop for search; automatic fire will only be opened as a last resort; avoid collateral damage; after fire has ceased, render medical assistance and record details of incident both in writing and using audio/visual equipment whether or not casualty has been recorded; and whenever in doubt, seek clarification from higher headquarters.
But some of them still shoot indiscriminately. You can imagine an army officer waving guns at an harmless civilian in a car what for? Why would you point a gun at me to stop when I know I am suppose to stop at a checkpoint n my hands are clean? Such orders only means more killing wait and see!
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by texazzpete(m): 8:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
After reading this article, I fail to see anywhere where it says "shoot on sight"

If anything, it urges restraint and use of deadly force only as a last resort.

2 Likes

Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by nikz(f): 8:40pm On Nov 12, 2015

Also: Fire may be opened to forcefully stop any vehicle that fails to stop at a checkpoint or road block when ordered to stop for search; automatic fire will only be opened as a last resort; avoid collateral damage; after fire has ceased, render medical assistance and record details of incident both in writing and using audio/visual equipment whether or not casualty has been recorded; and whenever in doubt, seek clarification from higher headquarters.[/quote]
But some of them still shoot indiscriminately. You can imagine an army officer waving guns at an harmless civilian in a car what for? Why would you point a gun at me to stop when I know I am suppose to stop at a checkpoint n my hands are clean? Such orders only means more killing wait and see!
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
dunsman:
,tchewwww, still waiting for my 5K undecided undecided undecided
Customer no pay? smiley

Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by SmartMugu: 8:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
lygn19:
mumu people u mean shoot at sight by shooting helpless and unarmed bus drivers or punishing civilians for flimsy excuses?
This is a statement from the army, I believe it should only cover areas where the army is needed. If it came from the police, that's something to worry about.
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
I don't see anything wrong with this post,matter of fact I think its some sort of education to our men in uniforns .sounds like some kinda reorientation
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by YUSUPHER(m): 8:47pm On Nov 12, 2015
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color] God bless Nigeria Army
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by mrhipup(m): 8:53pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hmmm OK o
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by ipreach: 8:56pm On Nov 12, 2015
They should go and shoot BH boys
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by sneedpahpaz(m): 8:57pm On Nov 12, 2015
starpon1:
I swear wit my blood any zoo army DAT will shoot at any Biafra peaceful protest again. because of dis damn rant from burantashi, will see d best of me. am not a chest beater like d waste do say ask of me AGU JI EGBE!!!!!
Dude,u high on crack or somtin? Who r u? Superman?

1 Like

Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by okongo(m): 9:00pm On Nov 12, 2015
I have read this same article over and also elsewhere.there is no where it said shoot at sight. no need inciting people. that is not good
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by eleko1: 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2015
embarassed. Dog destined to lost no go hear the hunter whistle. Make all"IPAD" lunatics/miscreants dare the Soldiers warning and stage their protest as usual. undecided
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 12, 2015
The topic and the actual post are two different things sef. Not like there's any new law or order given.
All these yeye newspapers garnishing headlines to attract readers.....mtcheeeeew. Awon oniranu!
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by bigerboy200: 9:08pm On Nov 12, 2015
starpon1:
Just one bullet will put u to silence.. Cowards hiding behind d Internet to trigger violence... please report ur location,need to do some shooting practice..Biafra my ass...
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by Ahmedhussain3463: 9:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
Yujin:
Lol. Jungle go soon mature. When multitudes get the same arms then they will know what's up. Freedom is not gotten without a challenge that's what we've grown to discover. Death to this Nigeria.
i knw a coward like u did nt even partispate substancially in dis protest,at best u do ur own protest on social media|continue encouraging discord among nigerians o bt wen d repercussion surface dnt blame any body o|ur women and other valuable will b plunder,u will b giving dehumaniing treatent if u escape being expunge completely from d southeast|
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by ruffDiamond: 9:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
[quote author=Yujin post=39954686]Lol. Jungle go soon mature. When multitudes get the same arms then they will know what's up. Freedom is not gotten without a challenge that's what we've grown to discover. Death to this Nigeria. [/quote ]
Mothafuvka martyr wannabe ,I wish y'all b-EAST Of No Nation miscreants IPOshvt would take up armed struggle tomorrow ,but I'm putting my money on the Army anyday ,u will never live to see yr imaginary Biafra cum biaF.ool kjingdom happen inside NIGERIA bunch of cannibal, rude, Ill mannered animals
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by Ahmedhussain3463: 9:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
starpon1:
hahahahhahaha see dis fool threatening an institution of a state like d army|dnt wori consult ur elders let them share wit u d experience of wht d zoo army r capable of doing|
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 12, 2015
lygn19:

wanna promote your FTC.. Buh on a second thought,where were some force men when God was sharing sense? Lol.
Re: Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order by rhymaster: 9:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
dunsman:
,tchewwww, still waiting for my 5K undecided undecided undecided

Lazy IPOBist! Na hunger go kill u a finish for biafailure! Imagine waiting for 5K? Less than $25 dollars for a whole month? You south beasterners are just too damn lazy!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Member Hoisting Buhari And Governor’s Banner In Jigawa Electrocuted / Peter Obi Meets Former President Obasanjo / Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.