Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,912 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

I Will Remain NNPC GMD For A While – Kachikwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Remain NNPC GMD For A While – Kachikwu (387 Views)

Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD / EFCC Arrests Jide Omokore & Andrew Yakubu, EX- NNPC GMD, for money laundering / Buhari To Appoint New NNPC GMD To Replace Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Remain NNPC GMD For A While – Kachikwu by makzeze: 7:12am On Nov 13, 2015
Minister of state for Petroleum Resources, Dr Ibe Kachikwu said he would remain the head of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) for a while.
There are concerns in the industry over the double roles of Mr Kachikwu as a supervisor/ regulator and also a player in the oil sector.
Addressing the top officials of the petroleum ministry on Wednesday, Kachikwu said one of his urgent reforms is to amend the long-awaited petroleum industry bill (PIB) and may remove the taxation element to speed its passage.
PIB has been in the works for a decade. It is meant to change everything from taxes to overhauling the NNPC, environmental rules and revenue sharing, but its comprehensive nature has caused disputes between lawmakers.
“There is a need to look at the PIB as it was submitted to the sixth assembly and try and tinker with that a bit,” Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu said on Wednesday after being appointed petroleum minister, or junior oil minister.
“There are all kinds of issues ... one of those is whether we need to yank out the fiscal terms and develop them into a different law relying on existing fiscal laws and amend those,” he said.
He said the government was also looking at fuel subsidies, a heavy burden on the cash-strapped west African nation as it must import the bulk of its gasoline needs owing to a dilapidated refining system.
Kachikwu is keen to scrap the subsidies. However, President Buhari is disinclined as he feels the subsidy system must be properly analysed first in order to see whether it can be kept to help the average Nigerian, who hitherto has benefitted little from the country’s immense oil wealth.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/i-will-remain-nnpc-gmd-for-a-while-kachikwu/119139.html
Re: I Will Remain NNPC GMD For A While – Kachikwu by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 13, 2015
What is Buhari saying?
Buhari ll be the one to confirm that.
Coming from Ibe can just be wishful thinking
Re: I Will Remain NNPC GMD For A While – Kachikwu by Aufbauh(m): 7:15am On Nov 13, 2015
Wailers and complainants what sayest thou?
Re: I Will Remain NNPC GMD For A While – Kachikwu by HermajestyQ(f): 7:17am On Nov 13, 2015
The new dev in Nigeria now is for public office holders to hold double office
Re: I Will Remain NNPC GMD For A While – Kachikwu by NobleAky(m): 7:19am On Nov 13, 2015
Buhari and Kachukwu should stop making themselves the only responsible Nigerians in the oil sector or they should tell us that they have a hidden agenda. Employ somebody where there is vacancy and reduce the teaming numbers of unemployed Nigerians. I'm sure there many Nigerians who can still have this integrity you are searching for

(1) (Reply)

Biafra; A Blessing Or A Curse? / Assets Falsification: Suswam, Imoke, Four Others To Face CCT / I Is A Crime To Force A Person To Be What He Does Not Want To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.