Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,091 members, 7,852,692 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:45 AM

I Need Any Advice/assistance On This Business Idea: - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Any Advice/assistance On This Business Idea: (957 Views)

Virtual Assistance Can Create Job Opportunity For Nigerian Youths / Do You Need Any Thing From Usa? / Is this Business Idea Worth Starting Up? (Car Dealer Site) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Any Advice/assistance On This Business Idea: by damixint: 3:50pm On May 17, 2009
Hi everyone,
I have been in the UK for quite some time now and I have completed and studies. I intend
coming back to Nigeria any moment from now and I intend to setup a business which is related to
entertainment and leisure.
I have been working with a Ballon Flight company here in the UK and I want to setup such business
in Nigeria. For those of you who dont know what I mean by Ballon Flight ** its this big ballon that has
a basket carrier where people can stay and can fly round designated areas** I have attached a picture
as well to show you what it looks like.
I believe its going to be a lucrasive business in Nigeria as people would want to come and have fun flying
on the ballons and looking at the earth below. Its such fun to be on.

Please I need advice on where this business would move effectively and how i can secure a big leisure grounds
where people can come and fly on the ballons or watch others as well.

Any useful information would be helpful.
damix_international@yahoo.co.uk
Thank you.

Re: I Need Any Advice/assistance On This Business Idea: by bidex(m): 9:05am On May 20, 2009
i think i have a good idea for the bussiness. though its a bussiness that no one has ventured to do in nigeria here. check out my profile and contact me through it. we'll talk more better when u contact me.
Re: I Need Any Advice/assistance On This Business Idea: by Lizt(f): 11:31am On May 20, 2009
Its a nice biz idea u got there, a good location for such a biz here in Nigeria is Lagos, PH, Calabar,Abuja and some other lovely cities. but u need to make more research. Good luck
Re: I Need Any Advice/assistance On This Business Idea: by Ejinoks: 2:00pm On May 20, 2009
I think you have a great and pleasurable idea which i think Nigerians will love and will want to experience, it aint going to be all that easy but am assuring you it will keep all Nigerians,all over taking about it have lived in Europe and i know why u need an assistance and advice, The busy States in Nigeria is ideal Lagos for example is a great place and ur idea needs places that has beautiful views e.g mountains, landscape,swamp.lagoons etc,i will advice you to make time and view sites and locations in all happening states Abuja too is cool very nice, so my advice is come home and search and look at available locations you will need a lawyer to help you about it too, i promose you it will be a great business here. best of luck Ejinoks
Re: I Need Any Advice/assistance On This Business Idea: by nthnymarce(m): 3:17pm On May 20, 2009
Thats a wonderful investment aproach.All you need to do is to partner with different amusement centres. i think every state of the federation has an amusement park. just come home and move into the venture instead of working tirelessly for the oyibos.
Best of lucks.
Re: I Need Any Advice/assistance On This Business Idea: by hypertek(m): 5:01pm On May 21, 2009
paddy rily d tin is u need a lakelike location,,realy d maintanance policy nd wat assurances are u giving to insure the safety of this ballons,,can u convince nigerians dat at any point in time ur ballons wont develop engine problem while in the air, undecided
Re: I Need Any Advice/assistance On This Business Idea: by SubMacGun(m): 5:32pm On May 21, 2009
nthnymarce:

Thats a wonderful investment aproach.All you need to do is to partner with different amusement centres. i think every state of the federation has an amusement park. just come home and move into the venture[b] instead of working tirelessly for the oyibos. [/b]
Best of lucks.

wLL said
Re: I Need Any Advice/assistance On This Business Idea: by WTF3: 8:57am On May 25, 2009
Well, I will have to be different from many views here having studied and worked in UK myself for 2 yrs and now back home.

THE BUSINESS MAY AND MAY NOT WORK IN the NIGERIA CONTEXT. though i feel there may be prospects in the Tourism area for example having facilities like baloon view of Obudu Cattle Ranch etc.

HOWEVER, looking at from the angle that successful business ideas MUST stem from bridging a gap or meeting a need. You may need to do a Gap analysis to validate your business idea first. You may employ simple survey questions to find out what level of importance people in Nigeria attach to mode of transportation or Tourism, then you make your facts backed conclusions from there rather than base your business desicions on mere says of pple which may not be guided.

When you engage in proper Business Plans (Browse Internet for free books), the truth about the BALOON Business will be revealed. PLEASE DONT RELY ON HERE-SAYS UNLESS IT IS FROM SOME ONE RUNNING THE BUSINESS IN THE LOCATION YOU INTENDED.

Most Nigerians have phobia for travelling over water talk less of suspended in the air, hahaha, thats my personal opinion sha, just do your business justification, Gap Analysis inside your Business Plan

Goodluck

Regards

W.T.F
Re: I Need Any Advice/assistance On This Business Idea: by captured(f): 9:52pm On May 26, 2009
While this will be a luxury service, i will advise that if you must bring it down, make it availabale at parks and resorts instead of setting up a seperate location, because it will be a while before you can convince nigerians to fly in balloons. a lot still dont travel by plane except it is absolutely necesary.
but by been at these locations, you can relate with people directly and spread the word on the benefits of the flight.

Personally, you better be a good preacher cos i aint gettin on a balloon till i have seen one go up and land safely with my korokoro eyes
Re: I Need Any Advice/assistance On This Business Idea: by ifyalways(f): 1:11am On May 27, 2009
captured:

While this will be a luxury service, i will advise that if you must bring it down, make it availabale at parks and resorts instead of setting up a seperate location, because it will be a while before you can convince nigerians to fly in balloons. a lot still dont travel by plane except it is absolutely necesary.
but by been at these locations, you can relate with people directly and spread the word on the benefits of the flight.

Personally, you better be a good preacher cos i aint gettin on a balloon till i have seen one go up and land safely with my korokoro eyes
well said.
Take it to the parks and amusement centers.Even when the adults are sceptical,the kids wud readily want to try it.
Re: I Need Any Advice/assistance On This Business Idea: by damixint: 2:08am On May 27, 2009
Thank you everyone for your views and polite response,
I am pleased to read all the replies and I believe somehow I am getting different opinions
which I believe would help me set my mind on how to make the move.
In terms of being in partnership with amusement parks, I find that a very reasonable idea
and I know its a really great idea to do that.
One other thing I have thought about is the fact that this balloons can also be used as a
form of advertising for big companies in Nigeria. I know if these balloons are set in the air,
people wouldnt mind gathering around to take pictures and all that especially if its in a good
location. I can charge companies to have their logo printed on the balloons and I can also use
it as a means to host various activities for these companies. I actually think its going to be great
not just for the fun of flying in a balloon but also as a means of adverting for big firms. The prospect
to which am looking into the business is really not just for people to come, pay and fly but also to
create a different impression. On the long run the movie industries would always want to hire it,
also maybe the music industries as well.
In terms of safety, I have worked within the industry and operating these balloons is no different from
riding a bike just that its on the air. People would be trainned on a steady basis on how to fly these balloons
and all safety measures would be followed strictly. I believe I would not have a problem with the engineering
because I am in steady contact with the manufacturers who from time to time would supply me with new balloons
if i require.
This is my own point of view putting into consideration what you have all said,
WHAT DO U GUYS THINK, ?
Re: I Need Any Advice/assistance On This Business Idea: by damixint: 8:11pm On May 29, 2009
Hello,
Does anyone know how I can get investors to invest with me to get this
business up and running?
I have a good some of money to startup but I need an investor that is
willing to invest as well in order to run the business with me and we will
share percentage of the business ownership,
Please all ideas and informations would be helpful.
Thank you

(1) (Reply)

USA Obama To Nominate Bernanke To 2nd Term. In Nigeria, Soludo Kicked Out! / Intercontinental ATM Fraud? / Customs Licenced Clearing And Forwarding Agents:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.