Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Forsake Not The Gathering Of The Believers - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Forsake Not The Gathering Of The Believers (524 Views)

Gathering Money / Is This The Largest Gathering Of Snakes In Africa? / Youhorror Presents: THE GATHERING (ps,not For The Faint Hearted) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Forsake Not The Gathering Of The Believers by Olakunle007(m): 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2015
[color=#000099]Forsake not the gathering of the believers

"A Christian believer needs a church, just as a candle needs a candlestick, a tree needs a soil and an electronic bulb needs a socket. .Without candlestick, a candle cannot stand... a Christian can't stand, shine nor grow without fellowship"
- Reinhard Bonnke

Some Christians believe going to church is not compulsory. They try to defend their "wishes" with treacherous thoughts. That's not true. The Bible said we should not forsook the assembly of ourselves.
We have been called to service, rendering praise to our creature and making our needs known to him. One of the most interesting part of the New Testament is its emphasis on fellowship.

Fellowship is something important for all Christians. It's a way of worship and knowing more of God. Apostle Paul told the church of Roman in his letter "I long to see you so that I may IMPART to you some SPIRITUAL GIFT to make you STRONG—
* that is, that you and I may be MUTUALLY ENCOURAGED by EACH OTHER'S FAITH. [Romans1:11-12]. He knows the importance of fellowship the he lamented of his inability to get to them ontime in verse 13.

We must know keeping ourselves in one accord keeps our spiritual fire burning (and also keeps us united) . The association of believers is an invitation to the Holy Spirit and manifestation of Christ . This was what happened in the Upper room, when the disciplines gathered themselves to offer prayer to God [Acts 2:1-4]

Jesus also said in Mat 18:20 "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

Peace!

- Olā'Kunlē

(1) (Reply)

An Encomium Of Garri / Dangerous Debit / Hansel And Gretel (little Brother And Sister).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.