Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? (14173 Views)

10 Categories Of Muslims You Will Find In The Mosque During Tarowiyy (Aasamu) / In The Mosque This Morning, After Morning Prayers, Something Happened. / Man Beaten For Sleeping Unclad In A Mosque And Using Quran As Pillow (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? by Occurstaem(m): 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
Have a nap before going for Jumu'ah. And change your sitting position when dozing off.

Download ruqyah
HERE
Re: How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? by impressiveguy(m): 5:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
I do feel the same thing most times until i figure this easy way to fend off dizziness while jum'at sermon is on;
Just a 30mins nap or more before going to mosque is actually enough to keep u awake for an hour sermon. If with this little u still feel dizzy, u can try performing ablusion as some pple said earlier.
Wallaahu a'alam
Re: How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? by olayinka63: 6:23pm On Nov 13, 2015
Bimpe29:
Asallamu aleikum warahmatullah.
Dear Muslim brethren, I need your kind advice and tips on what can be done in order not to sleep while I am waiting for Jumu'a prayer.
This has been happening to me since last three Fridays, whereby I will be listening to sermon(Khutubah) and be dozing off then falling asleep.
Attend a jumah that offer touching sermon
Re: How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? by dragnet: 6:35pm On Nov 13, 2015
rileyy:
You can choose to be saying Azkaar "Salawaat/durood sharif" or any other sunnah azkaar.
you're not to do anything other than listen to the imaam while the sermon is on.
Re: How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? by Ekun123: 7:03pm On Nov 13, 2015
As-salam alaykum, I used to have this problem because I am the busy. I simply REDUCE MY FOOD INTAKE, REDUCE MY TASKS ON FRIDAY, TAKE AT EAST 30 MINS NAP BEFORE GOING FOR JUMAT SERVICE DEPENDING ON MY SCHEDULE. I never have the same problem again, I am always alive throughout the khutbah. I hope these will work for you.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? by rileyy(m): 7:15pm On Nov 13, 2015
dragnet:
you're not to do anything other than listen to the imaam while the sermon is on.

That I'm aware of, but in his case the need something to keep his eye opened, so saying durood sherif silently/in his heart, I think that's good enough to keep his conciousness considering the fact that its sunnah to say durood on jumat and everyday of our lives #Allah knows' best
Re: How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? by dragnet: 8:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
rileyy:

That I'm aware of, but in his case the need something to keep his eye opened, so saying durood sherif silently/in his heart, I think that's good enough to keep his conciousness considering the fact that its sunnah to say durood on jumat and everyday of our lives #Allah knows' best
still shouldn't be done while the sermon is on.
Re: How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? by AbooTasleemah1(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2015
Saying dhikr or uttering anything during the khutbah negate the sunnah to be observed during khutbah. Hope making wudoo upon wudoo while the initial wudoo is still intact is not a form of guluw! May Allaah guide us all...

Do you still doze of on and on? I mean do you doze like twice or thrice in just a day khutbah? Or you just doze off once and that's all for the day? Either way, try and have a nap before attending the jumu'ah service. For instance, if the khutbah will start by 1pm, try and have your nap between 11-12:30pm. With that, I hope your body system will be afresh to hold still till another couple of hours... It works for me as well, any jumu'ah I missed that nap, I either arrive late which is not really ethical or arrived early and doze off early while the Imam is doing the Arabic Khutbah and will be done when he's about to start the indigenous language khutbah...

Hope either of these works. Just try them out
Re: How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? by oismail(m): 5:39am On Nov 14, 2015
Don't seat close to the wall, go along with ur tesuba then give ur maximum concentration to the Imam
Re: How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? by Ibrokane(m): 5:40am On Nov 14, 2015
dragnet:
Aarenasbaba:
Whenevr you re in d mosque, try and engage ur self in zikr...

the implication of doing anything aside from listening to the khutbah alone. is that the person involve will not have the reward of the jumuah prayer.....

according to an hadith.... mouth to mouth source but i know it is sohir ......

it says that on jumuah day a Muslim was greeting another Muslim inside the mosque while the khutbah was going on and the other Muslim refuse to answer, he repeated the the greating for several time and the answer remain the same "silence ".... after the jumat the man approach him ans said that Muhammad (SAW) said anyone who ulter unneccesary word while the sermon is going on In jumuah prayer has forfiet the reward of the prayer.....Allah knows best.....
Re: How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? by seemsnice: 7:22am On Nov 14, 2015
Alhamdulillah,it do happpen to m my brethren, but what I use to do is try to av a short nap before gng for Jumah service even if I am in d office, I will force myself to sleep if not more than 10mins. Alhamdulillah it works for m and also sure it will for u, it's all abt being stressed before coming to mosque. May Allah in His infinite mercy make it easy for all of us. Allahuma Aaaamin.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? by seemsnice: 7:27am On Nov 14, 2015
rileyy:

my brethren, it's Haram to tok while d sermon is gng on in d mosque, doing anything other than to listen to Imam void ur prayer, dis is a crucial issue but ppl are not ready to learn, insha Allah, I will make a write up on dis by coming friday, if Allah wills.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? by Bimpe29: 2:59pm On Nov 16, 2015
olayinka63:

Attend a jumah that offer touching sermon
Haba! How does this arrest the perennial sleep?. And, were you told the one I attend does not offer/deliver touching sermon?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab – FG / Three Tips To Overcome Fear / See Some Of The Things That Invalidate Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.