Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Advice On New Rim Size For Golf 3 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice On New Rim Size For Golf 3 (2697 Views)

Beautify Your Car Rim With This FINE RIM DECORATOR (4000: red,blue,white,black.) / Guys Pouring Wine On New Car To "Wash" It (Photos) / Car Swap Advice: Golf 3 For Golf 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On New Rim Size For Golf 3 by deathwing(m): 3:20pm On Nov 13, 2015
Hello All,

I recently decided to change the tires of my Tokunbo Golf 3 because they're expired, but I also want to change the rims at the same time.

Right now, they are at 14inches, but I think they look too small and uncool sad

Looking to go higher, but not at the risk of handling and maneuverability. What do you think is a good size to upgrade the rims to?

The tires I'm looking for are those slim kind like the ones pictured.

PS: Does anyone have an idea of the price?

Re: Advice On New Rim Size For Golf 3 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 13, 2015
The largest combination of wheels and tyres you can SAFELY fit to your Volkswagen Golf III are as follows:

Wheels: 7.5"x17" ET 35.
Tyres: 225/45x17.

Do NOT exceed the sizes shown here.
Re: Advice On New Rim Size For Golf 3 by Denn(m): 9:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
I would not advice any rim above 15" on the golf mk 3 for use on Nigerian roads except.its going to be a showroom car.

You need a thicker aspect ratio and you cannot get this with wheels above 15 inches in stock form.

A 205/60R15 on the standard aftermarket wheel available (usually 7") would do. You can vary this combination using a tire size calculator.

If you go for 16 or 17 inch wheels with low profile tires,they would fit in but you would change tires as frequently as you change engine oil....
Re: Advice On New Rim Size For Golf 3 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:54pm On Nov 13, 2015
Tyres: 225/45x17. New 4x,XXXk toks 2x,XXXk

(1) (Reply)

Prevent Tyre Accidents While Driving!!!! Take A Look.. / Between Toyota Sienna And Nissan Xterra Which Is Better / Lamborgini Celebrates Its 50th Aniversary With Insane Concept Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.