Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,217 members, 7,867,552 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:13 PM

Fashola Man Of The People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Man Of The People (381 Views)

Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode / Jonathan Wins African Leadership Magazine Man Of The Year Award / Ambode Cancels Fashola's Last Minute Lekki Land Allocations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fashola Man Of The People by dam4wummy(m): 6:00pm On Nov 13, 2015
I know Fashola is a likeable man; I like him too. However, I find it odd, that a lawyer will be appointed Minister of Works, Power and Housing; three highly technical ministries. Such a hydra-headed Ministry, I’m afraid, requires core knowledge of the following: Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Land Surveying, Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning. For Fashola to function effectively, he will need a crowd of SA’s; what you save from pruning down the ministries, you spend on more SA’s. [Don’t tell me that story of Perm Secs, Directors, et al, filling the technical gap; we all know how the civil service is in Nigeria]
Speaking as an Engineer, I would want to suggest that If the government is not ready to give engineers their rightful position, then let them repel the COREN Act, so we go know say we be roadside mechanic. You make a lawyer an Attorney General, a Doctor a Minister of Health; but an Engineer, you cast him like a die – Head or Tail, he will manage it.
NOTE: While the mistake of a Doctor can Potentially kill one, that of an Engineer could potentially wipe out multitudes.

(1) (Reply)

My Plans As A Governor / Present NASS Doing Nothing To Check Buhari's Excesses / Obama: Other Leaders Dye Their Hair, Not Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.