Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader (791 Views)

Stop Deceiving Nigerians If You Want To Succeed – Emir Of Mubi Tells APC / Supreme Court Judgement: Stop Deceiving Nigerians Chris Uba Tells Brother / Nigerians Deceiving Nigerians - The Ben Murray-bruce I Know (pics) - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader by OneNaija(m): 12:17am On May 18, 2009
From ISMAIL OMIPIDAN, Kaduna
Sunday, May 17, 2009
More Stories on This Section

Former House of Representatives Minority Leader, Hon. Farouk Adamu Aliyu, has poured ice on President Umaru Yar’Adua’s effort to fix the power sector in the country.
He also accused the Reps Speaker, Dimeji Bankole, of conspiring with the Presidency to play out a script by embarking on what he described as a wild goose chase in the name of power probe, with the sole intent of discrediting former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Speaking on an AIT (Africa Independent Television) programme tagged “Focus Nigeria,” monitored by Sunday Sun, the former lawmaker who was in the House between 2003 and 2007 said: “You know I am not an Obasanjo fan, but I have to say this because that is the truth. President Yar’Adua is the greatest enemy of Nigeria in terms of the power issue. Obasanjo did something before he left. If Yar’Adua had funded the budget in the last one year, we will not be talking about 6000MW by the end of this year; we would have gone far.

“I said it earlier that Obasanjo did not steal any money meant for the power project, but my colleagues in the House did not help matters with the power probe. Speaker Bankole only connived with Yar’Adua to rubbish Obasanjo, and that is because he (Bankole) too wanted to bring Ogun local politics to the limelight. And this is why I insist that the elite in Nigeria are Nigeria’s problem. Every money in this country is being spent by politicians.

“In our time, we (House of Representatives members) were collecting N9million per quarter. But now they are collecting N25million per quarter,” he added.
Aliyu, who believes that now is the time for progressives in Nigeria to unite and fight Yar’Adua on electoral matters to a standstill, just the way they did to Obasanjo during the vexatious third term plot, insisted that the president has never being sincere with his pronouncements since he was sworn in on May 29, 2007.

“Everything Yar’Adua says, he doesn’t mean it. But I want to beg him in the name of Allah to be sincere with whatever he says. He has the semblance of been better than Obasanjo, but unfortunately he is not. Mr. President is simply not sincere.”
“When he came, he said there was a problem with our electoral system, and that he wants to solve it. If he was sincere with his promise, he should have taken the Uwais’ report to the National Assembly,” he said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/may/17/national-17-05-2009-007.htm
Re: Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader by Backslider(m): 9:19am On May 18, 2009
The truth is coming out gradually. they have tried to trace any money to OBJ but it has not happened. They know he did not steal money. So many people hate him and yet we cant have a trace of the money he stole.
Re: Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader by blacksta(m): 9:31am On May 18, 2009
The 16$ bill scam was for just a plan to discredit obj. The Nigerian problem is YAr adua. This same kleptomanic suspended all obj power project and two years down the line . The same yar dull is revisting the same abandoned project. Nigeria would have easly solved the power issue if we had contitinuity.
Re: Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader by ikeyman00(m): 9:55am On May 18, 2009
The truth is coming out gradually. they have tried to trace any money to OBJ but it has not happened. They know he did not steal money. So many people hate him and yet we cant have a trace of the money he stole.

the nigeria are not so gullible to jump on your bang wagons

so chill out

obj; check out all the contract signed durin his tenure, na so so k-legs
Re: Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader by OneNaija(m): 10:06am On May 18, 2009
@Mr Keyman00 Were your father dey wen obj dey be president?
Re: Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader by Nobody: 10:17am On May 18, 2009
Everything Yar’Adua says, he doesn’t mean it. But I want to beg him in the name of Allah to be sincere with whatever he says. He has the semblance of been better than Obasanjo, but unfortunately he is not. Mr. President is simply not sincere.”

Lol. . . . . this Aliyu of a man is as confused as yaradua himself. Imagine begging a nigerian politician like him in the name of Allah to be sincere. undecided
One cannot even tell whether his outrage was as a result of the fact that in his time they were receiving 9mill per quarter as opposed to 22mill/quarter in this republic.
However, I have always known that OBJ wasnt as bad as he was painted.

OneNaija:

@Mr Keyman00 Were your father dey wen obj dey be president?

What's your point?
Re: Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader by OneNaija(m): 10:22am On May 18, 2009
@Nuzu This guys like to critize things wen they try to find a better solution.

Here is comment. obj; check out all the contract signed durin his tenure, na so so k-legs
Re: Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader by Nobody: 10:27am On May 18, 2009
OneNaija:

@Nuzu This guys like to critize things wen they try to find a better solution.

Here is comment. obj; check out all the contract signed durin his tenure, na so so k-legs

In his defense, due processes were not followed in the signing of most of those contracts. This, we all know.
Re: Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader by tkconcept(m): 10:49am On May 18, 2009
first of all, is the 9 million and 25 million per quarter he talked about for individuals? cos if it is then that is where our whle problem is. i just hope not cos that would really be shamless!

secondly, i must say that one thing wit we nigerians is that we are quik to 4get alot of things. the fact that Yar'adua seems to be joining issues wit Obj or that smone has come to say he is deceiving us on the power plans does not exonorate all the allegations of curruption agains Obj. i don't see why as a president so much would be spend on a sector and you don't care to find out or know whether you have achhieved anything by approving such projects especially for a sensitive sector like power.

the truth is i can't really judge Yar'adua now whether he is decieving nigerians or not i would just wait and see him achieve 6000mw but i can judge obj who has come and gone and nothing can be shown for his term in office.

on the electoral reform, i thiink its all about ego, power and pride.
Re: Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader by toshacer: 10:54am On May 18, 2009
So, now, the problem is no more with OBJ, the problem is now with YarAdua? what manner of double talk politicians do we have in Nigeria?

Just watch how gullible NairaLanders will speak on this thread, they suddenly will see OBJ as a saint and YarAdua as the thief - Mr Aliyu, just shut up your stinking goro infected mouth, another popularity seeking politician.
Re: Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader by jimmysho(m): 11:00am On May 18, 2009
these discrediting game will not work. our elite should stop using us as paw.

let yar adua match action wit words so that this country can move forward
Re: Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader by jimmysho(m): 11:10am On May 18, 2009
these discrediting game will not work. our elite should stop using us paw.

let yar adua match action wit words so that this country can move forward
Re: Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader by Backslider(m): 8:15pm On May 18, 2009
@ikeyman00

The day you show me where when and how much money OBJ STOLE I will come here apologise and eat my words. I will join your BANDWAGON of Hopelessness in trust any leader.

I will ask you all the leaders we killed tell me did they steal money?

Aminu Kano
Tafa balewa
Aguiyi Ironsi
Murtala

How much money did they steal?

TRUE REPENTANCE COMES WITH RESTITUTION
Re: Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader by blinx4real(m): 8:25pm On May 18, 2009
visit my blog and read the truth about Africa, we have killed too many innocents and rejected those who ought to lead us out of darkness. When we gave Awo the title - the best President Nigeria never had, it sounded so cliche but today its obvious that we made an irreversible mistake that may take the Grace and Mercy of God to redeem.
Backslider:

@ikeyman00

The day you show me where when and how much money OBJ STOLE I will come here apologise and eat my words. I will join your BANDWAGON of Hopelessness in trust any leader.

I will ask you all the leaders we killed tell me did they steal money?

Aminu Kano
Tafa balewa
Aguiyi Ironsi
Murtala

How much money did they steal?

TRUE REPENTANCE COMES WITH RESTITUTION

I completely agree with you sir
Re: Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader by Nobody: 2:54am On May 19, 2009
This is why I say the fight against corruption is of no use at this time

OBJ was accused of stealing 16billion for power project and we all believed it because we could not verify

how do you fight corruption when there is no way to know who is being honest and who is telling the truth.

No government records, no credible media, no freedom of information . . . . .

I still think OBJ was too selfish and should be ashamed of himself for making Yar'adua President . . . . . however the facts are the facts . . . . nobody has any proof that OBJ stole . . . . all the accussations against OBJ can not stand in any law court in the country.
Re: Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader by Thadude(m): 3:39am On May 19, 2009
Even yaradua as a human being is a big white elephant. I m trying to find out who is really runing the country Turai Yaradua or the AGF??
Re: Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader by FBS: 7:22am On May 19, 2009
and these are the so called leaders? Is he crying over 25M p/q?

Lord save us from such people. Amen.
Re: Power Sector: Yar’adua Deceiving Nigerians – Aliyu, Ex-reps Leader by kosovo(m): 7:32am On May 19, 2009

A tolerant scepticism, an ability to doubt one's own ideas as well as those of other people, is a good test of maturity: fanaticism, insanity, and an infantile attitude to others are closely related.

(1) (Reply)

Tanzania President Become The First To Meet Barrack Obama In Oval Office. / E-passport Ripoff / Maryam Babangida Is Finally Confirmed Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.