Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,555 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married (62202 Views)

Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married / Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA / 10 Medical Tests Every Couple Must Do Before Marriage!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by flokii: 1:47pm On Nov 14, 2015
Lizabeth25:
We can work hand in hand to enlighten them!

All we need to do is explain to them why it is necessary for them to understand the importance of test.

We still have some educated ones too who are ignorant of things like this.

I concur 100%

those educated ones are probably doing it out of fear not that they aren't aware..

tho. I understand ow it will feel testing positive to say like HIV despite all d abstinence and precautions... d stigma and all that.

It's a delicate issue tho.
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by Humaam(m): 1:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
It would hv been OK if U didn't make must. Must Definitely not all d test
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by simplejayy(m): 1:56pm On Nov 14, 2015
nice piece
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by stchinedu: 1:57pm On Nov 14, 2015
lomaxx:
Good article. Very worthy of front page.

Hepatitis is not a sexually transmitted disease (STD). The infective Hepatitis B, C and D variant can be sexually transmitted but are not STDs.
Good comment.
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by astute07(f): 2:01pm On Nov 14, 2015
lomaxx:
For the fertility, a semen analysis is okay for the male.

For the female, if she sees her menstrual period regularly and sees signs of ovulation monthly, she's good. Hormonal assays are expensive - the tests should be requested on the basis of the financial comfort of the patient. An hsg would do to check for structural issues.

Hormonal assays are not that expensive in a government hospital.with your #25000.u can do it.
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by 07039274857(m): 2:04pm On Nov 14, 2015
virginity test...
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 14, 2015
HOW COME THE OP FORGOT TO MENTION THE FOLLOWING TEST?

1. MENTAL TEST : WAS MADE TO UNDERSTAND THAT MORE THAN 30% OF MEN LIVING IN LAGOS HAVE MENTAL PROBLEM I.E MAD INWARDLY

2. VIRGINITY TEST : WE GUYS HAVE SUFFERED A LOT, WE ENTER RELATIONSHIP WITHOUT SEX AS PROPOSED BY THE LADY ONLY TO DISCOVER DURING HONEY MOON THAT SHE IS NOT A VIRGIN ,INFACT THAT PLACE IS AS WIDE AS A GOAL POST( WE END UP ENTERING ONE CHANCE BUS)

3. TEST OF PRETENCE : ITS A GENERAL BELIEVE THAT FEMALES ARE GOOD WITH PRETENCE, SOME FEMALE WILL TELL YOU THEY LOVE YOU AND CAN DO ANYTHING FOR YOU, THE VERY MINUTE YOU HAVE A PROBLEM THING WILL CHANGE. SOME GO AS FAR AS DATING 3-4 GUYS THESAME TIME AND STILL CLAIM THEY LOVE YOU

4. SEX DRIVE TEST : THIS APPLIES TO BOTH MALE AND FEMALE, SOME WILL JUST LAY ON THE BED LIKE DEAD WOOD I.E NO APPETITE FOR SEX AT ALL AT ALL, SO HOW WILL THE GUY NOT LOOK FOR ALTERNATIVE? HOW WILL THE LADY NOT LOOK FOR SEX MATE?

I REST MY CASE MY LORD FOR NOW

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by JuanDeDios: 2:10pm On Nov 14, 2015
lomaxx:
Good article. Very worthy of front page.

Hepatitis is not a sexually transmitted disease (STD). The infective Hepatitis B, C and D variant can be sexually transmitted but are not STDs.
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by Cooleasy(m): 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
I have two important questions (please kindly quote me when answering me so that I can be notified of your reply): I am of genotype AA and o+. Does this mean I can marry any member of any genotype or blood group (and so I shouldn't bother to ask about the genotype of my future partner)? Secondly, if at all I should care about genotype, is/are there any particular genotype(s) that I should give preference to?
Please answer me before I make a lifelong mistake. I've been under pressure to come home with somebody...
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by kingjooo(m): 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2015
@op can u pls elaborate on warts
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by MattChidi(m): 2:28pm On Nov 14, 2015
you really tried for this piece. kudos bro
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by ifeomaekol(f): 2:39pm On Nov 14, 2015
Explain more on the Ac and Sc genotype. @op and again d Rh factor, if both couples r postive ll it hv any effect on d fectus?
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by RedCapChief(m): 2:47pm On Nov 14, 2015
Cooleasy:
I have two important questions (please kindly quote me when answering me so that I can be notified of your reply): I am of genotype AA and o+. Does this mean I can marry any member of any genotype or blood group (and so I shouldn't bother to ask about the genotype of my future partner)? Secondly, if at all I should care about genotype, is/are there any particular genotype(s) that I should give preference to?
Please answer me before I make a lifelong mistake. I've been under pressure to come home with somebody...

Since you are of the AA genotype, you can marry from all genotypes. Maybe you want to consider the Rhesus factor if she is D-negative, but the dangers in that are medically preventable.
Please don't consult Google for medical solutions, see a professional cheesy

1 Like

Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by omooba969(m): 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
Cooleasy:

Google is your friend. cool
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by RedCapChief(m): 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2015
ifeomaekol:
Explain more on the Ac and Sc genotype. @op and again d Rh factor, if both couples r postive ll it hv any effect on d fectus?

If both partners are Rhesus positive, then there is no problem. The fetus is only at risk when the mother is Rh-negative and the father is Rh-positive.
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by omooba969(m): 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2015
ifeomaekol:

Internet is there for you to do your research & satisfy your curiosity. wink
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by ifeomaekol(f): 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2015
RedCapChief:

If both partners are Rhesus positive, then there is no problem. The fetus is only at risk when the mother is Rh-negative and the father is Rh-positive.
ok thx
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by kafero(m): 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2015
What about abortion test?
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by falseman(m): 2:53pm On Nov 14, 2015
Lizabeth25:
grin grin

Are you an Igbo person?

100%
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by ifeomaekol(f): 2:53pm On Nov 14, 2015
omooba969:

Internet is there for you to do your research & satisfy your curiosity. wink
ya I kw, tnx u amebo.
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by ojeota(f): 2:53pm On Nov 14, 2015
Please can you explain rherus factor more and how it affects pregnancy and childbirth.
@op
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by Desmog21(m): 2:57pm On Nov 14, 2015
Splendid write up I must acknowledged! So guys, act now..before its more complicated.
Don't consider this test as being expensive, it's Worth it..trust me

Thanks OP for pointing this out..
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 14, 2015
exe0:
THE. COMMON. SENSE. TEST
grin
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by omooba969(m): 3:05pm On Nov 14, 2015
ifeomaekol:
ya I kw, tnx u amebo.

Looks like you are on your period, isn't it? undecided
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by ifeomaekol(f): 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2015
omooba969:

Looks like you are on your period, isn't it? undecided
hw u take kw? Na u buy pad for me? Iffa hear.
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by virginboy1(m): 3:13pm On Nov 14, 2015
Lizabeth25:
I wish people understand how important these test are before marriage. I would even prefer it's done before going into a serious relationship with another person.
Nice one from you madam, but how the guys that haven't tasted sex or ejaculate due to coitus decipher if they are fertile or not without undergoing self medical fertility test. Is the any body sign? Just curious thanks.
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
When it comes to fertility, it's usually a case of the more you look _ the less you see.
I concur to every test including fertility test, but sometimes child bearing doesn't go as we envisage.

*What of cases of unexplained/secondary infertility?
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by Cooleasy(m): 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2015
RedCapChief:

Since you are of the AA genotype, you can marry from all genotypes. Maybe you want to consider the Rhesus factor if she is D-negative, but the dangers in that are medically preventable.
Please don't consult Google for medical solutions, see a professional cheesy

Thanks very much for your thoughtful counsell and appropriate advice. And yes, I know that no competent medical personnel or knowledgeble person will ever ask one in a forum like this to 'ask google' for this type of serious personal counsel. Once again, thanks and God bless you.
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by omooba969(m): 3:53pm On Nov 14, 2015
ifeomaekol:
hw u take kw? Na u buy pad for me? Iffa hear.

Wetin be pad? grin
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by ghettodreamz(m): 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2015
Nice post @ OP.

But please respect other people's intellectual property next time by citing source(s) to credit them.

http://www.doctorsays.com.ng/medical-tests-couples-must-do-before-they-get-married/
Re: Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married by baba11(m): 4:00pm On Nov 14, 2015
I agree with Op!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How an hiv positive lady almost lured me into sex without condom / Her Palms Are Peeling. She Needs Help (Photos) / Britain's Fattest Man, Jason Holton, Is Dead (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.