Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister (1348 Views)

Looting Nigeria's Money Is Very Easy - Kemi Adeosun / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: 4 Methods Corrupt Nigerians Use To Steal Nigeria's Money / Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by smuth(m): 9:16am On Nov 14, 2015
The immediate past Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, has said she did not use her position to steal Nigeria’s money as alleged.

Alison-Maduekwe, who looked frail told the Publisher of Ovation Magazine and The Boss Newspaper, Dele Momodu, that she never embezzled from the federal purse but performed her duties to the best of her knowledge and abilities.

Alison-Madueke was recently arrested by officials of the National Crime Agency, United Kingdom over suspected money laundering activities.

The former minister had been alleged to have used her position as minister to steal billions of naira from the country’s coffers.

In June 2008, Alison-Madueke was subject to a Senate probe after it emerged that as Transport Minister she had paid N30.9bn ($263m) to contractors between December 26 and 31, 2007. She is said to be worth over N1bn.

Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by smuth(m): 9:17am On Nov 14, 2015
Let's ask ourselves this question.

What if this woman was targeted by the "Powerful Forces" former President Goodluck Jonathan and the present President Buhari spoke about?

What if we were made to believe she stole money?

What if the propaganda machine have succeeded in fooling us?

Remember her role in making some "Power Forces" lose money in the fuel subsidy scheme.

Remember Dora Akunliyi also prevented some "Powerful Forces' from making billions of naira on importing fake drugs.

Remember those "Powerful Forces" threatened to finish Dora Akunliyi and they eventually did.

Now this brings me to this one last question: Who are these "Powerful Forces"?

Dear Nigerians, please open your eyes and brain, don't believe everything you read in the media. Don't be fooled and allow yourself contribute to the destruction of another man.

Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by Rexceedo: 9:19am On Nov 14, 2015
lie
Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by haywire07(m): 9:25am On Nov 14, 2015
In jack Bauer's voice* bring my kit lemme interrogate her
Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by DaBullIT(m): 9:40am On Nov 14, 2015
But you stole someone's money ? who is it ?
Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by teeboila(m): 10:06am On Nov 14, 2015
in her ignorance may be she thought the money she stole belongs to Jonathan and not Nigeria.
Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by yanabasee(m): 10:08am On Nov 14, 2015
And when she's finally death... The truth will emerge... And people will tell how innocent she was and how she never lay her hands on the cover...

Until then... Buhari should keep hunting and killing his enemies in the name of recovering looted funds!
Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by icedee1: 11:03am On Nov 14, 2015
smuth:

What if this woman was targeted by the "Powerful Forces" former President Goodluck Jonathan and the present President Buhari spoke about?

What if the propaganda machine has succeeded in fooling us?

Remember her role in making some "Power Forces" lose money in the fuel subsidy scheme.

Remember Dora Akunliyi also prevented some "Powerful Forces' from making billions of naira on importing fake drugs.

Remember those "Powerful Forces" threatened to finish Dora Akunliyi and they eventually did.

Now this brings me to this one last question: Who are these "Powerful Forces"?

Dear Nigerians, please open your eyes and brain, don't believe everything you read in the media. Don't be fooled and allow yourself contribute to the destruction of another man.
you better stop fooling yourself.someone embezzled money you are saying powerful forces i guess you are one of them.moreover get your facts right Dora had been battling her sickness before she became DG Nafdac.Deziani embezzled money that clear even to a new born.and while a minister she as been ttraveling for treatment abroad
Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 14, 2015
Innocent till proven guilty.
Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by smuth(m): 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
icedee1:
you better stop fooling yourself.someone embezzled money you are saying powerful forces i guess you are one of them.moreover get your facts right Dora had been battling her sickness before she became DG Nafdac(.Deziani embezzled money that clear even to a new born.and while a minister she as been ttraveling for treatment abroad

[b]Now I see the problems of fools like you who believe everything you are told...whats the difference between you and a robot or a zombie. You claim she embezzled money but you cannot give evidence of her stealing, even the propaganda APC lead government cannot present a single evidence of her offence. Nigerians don't ask questions. We were brandished with stories of her issues of money laundering in UK but this woman is still free as a bird even the UK authorities cannot jail her. Do you think the UK are as daft as you all that believe in what your masters want you to believe?

Fool, ask yourself this question... If Deizani is truely a thief as fools like you were meant to believe, why is there no evidence to prosecute her and why is she not in jail whether in the UK or Nigeria?

On Dora, that's a lie from the pit of hell that somebody told you and you foolishly believed, didnt you see how vibrant and healthy she was during her time as DG? Compare that to how she looked before her death.

On Powerful Forces, even Buhari admitted to their existence.

“Such an illegal yet POWEREFUL FORCE soon comes to undermine democracy because its conspirators have amassed so much money that they believe they can buy government. We shall end this threat to our economic development and democratic survival. I repeat that corruption will not be tolerated by this administration; and it shall no longer be allowed to stand as if it is a respected monument in this nation.” - President Buhari.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/180449-ill-battle-corruption-buhari-vows.html

Now you see how foolish and daft you truly are.[/b]
Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by vedaxcool(m): 12:46pm On Nov 14, 2015
And i don't breath oxygen.
Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by 4Play(m): 1:42pm On Nov 14, 2015
smuth:
What if the propaganda machine has succeeded in fooling us?

My on view on this is much more nuanced. I believe she's a thief, admittedly my belief stems from hearsay in the absence of any official confirmation of her theft. But even thieves can have powerful enemies. The reason we know about Fashola's profligate cheque signing abilities is his powerful enemies. Same logic applies to Ms Madueke.

Saying that and as I have written ad nauseam, she did not steal $20bn. That was a story designed to titillate the naive. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of Nigeria's revenue profile would have instantly realised that it was an implausible allegation. In a sense, because most people know that the Nigerian ruling class is dominated by kleptocrats and that we have become numbed to stories of theft, it becomes imperative in corruption allegations to exaggerate the quantum of theft to score political points.

1 Like

Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by smuth(m): 1:55pm On Nov 14, 2015
4Play:

My on view on this is much more nuanced. I believe she's a thief, admittedly my belief stems from hearsay in the absence of any official confirmation of her theft. But even thieves can have powerful enemies. The reason we know about Fashola's profligate cheque signing abilities is his powerful enemies. Same logic applies to Ms Madueke.

Saying that and as I have written ad nauseam, she did not steal $20bn. That was a story designed to titillate the naive. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of Nigeria's revenue profile would have instantly realised that it was an implausible allegation. In a sense, because most people know that the Nigerian ruling class is dominated by kleptocrats and that we have become numbed to stories of theft, it becomes imperative in corruption allegations to exaggerate the quantum of theft to score political points.

That's a much more matured reply from a Nairalander...nice one. But we still need evidence to prosecute her and send her to jail but we presently have none. She is boldly telling those in charge of the propaganda machine to present an evidence or go to hell. I am patiently waiting for their response.
Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by sammyj: 2:04pm On Nov 14, 2015
Madam please just bring back our money before any other explanation . DASUKI stole and got cancer as his likewuse You also stole and got cancer as the reward. It's only God of yesterday that wait till when you get to heaven before judgement but God of today will pay you back today and in heaven. Time will tell! ! angry
Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by princemillla(m): 2:42pm On Nov 14, 2015
She didn't steal but embezzled money
Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by chernest2002: 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2015
Who ever that says Diezeani stole money should provide proof otherwise all the sickness Diezeani has should transfer to such person...Amen.
Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by icedee1: 3:33pm On Nov 14, 2015
smuth:

[b]Now I see the problems of fools like you who believe everything you are told...whats the difference between you and a robot or a zombie. You claim she embezzled money but you cannot give evidence of her stealing, even the propaganda APC lead government cannot present a single evidence of her offence. Nigerians don't ask questions. We were brandished with stories of her issues of money laundering in UK but this woman is still free as a bird even the UK authorities cannot jail her. Do you think the UK are as daft as you all that believe in what your masters want you to believe?

Fool, ask yourself this question... If Deizani is truely a thief as fools like you were meant to believe, why is there no evidence to prosecute her and why is she not in jail whether in the UK or Nigeria?

On Dora, that's a lie from the pit of hell that somebody told you and you foolishly believed, didnt you see how vibrant and healthy she was during her time as DG? Compare that to how she looked before her death.

On Powerful Forces, even Buhari admitted to their existence.

“Such an illegal yet POWEREFUL FORCE soon comes to undermine democracy because its conspirators have amassed so much money that they believe they can buy government. We shall end this threat to our economic development and democratic survival. I repeat that corruption will not be tolerated by this administration; and it shall no longer be allowed to stand as if it is a respected monument in this nation.” - President Buhari.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/180449-ill-battle-corruption-buhari-vows.html

Now you see how foolish and daft you truly are.[/b]

thanks for your cook up.since you are wise in your eyes i wish you the best.there is no need wasting time and energy on you since i know where you coming from.all the best
Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by babadee1(m): 3:43pm On Nov 14, 2015
smuth:

That's a much more matured reply from a Nairalander...nice one. But we still need evidence to prosecute her and send her to jail but we presently have none. She is boldly telling those in charge of the propaganda machine to present an evidence or go to hell. I am patiently waiting for their response.

We don't need any evidence for anything. The only people who need evidence are the British courts currently handling her money laundering case. When they get enough evidence against her she will be sentenced to jail for a very long time. This is the UK legal system we're talking about not Nigeria. Hopefully she will still be alive by the time the prosecution against her is completed. Although from the look of things in that picture, it's touch and go at the moment.
Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by stevecantrell: 3:49pm On Nov 14, 2015
I know thru a reliable source she tried to get most of her fronts to refund part of the money but they said O.Y.O.... !
Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by smuth(m): 3:59pm On Nov 14, 2015
babadee1:

We don't need any evidence for anything. The only people who need evidence are the British courts currently handling her money laundering case. When they get enough evidence against her she will be sentenced to jail for a very long time. This is the UK legal system we're talking about not Nigeria. Hopefully she will still be alive by the time the prosecution against her is completed. Although from the look of things in that picture, it's touch and go at the moment.

Wayoooo...see mumu, so you don't know even ordinary citizens in UK too are subject to money laundering investigations. Now tell me if the UK have found her guilty and sent her to jail...Oya bring that ya big head and collect this kunk.
Re: Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister by babadee1(m): 4:30pm On Nov 14, 2015
Mr. big mouth, when they find her guilty and sentence her finish na you go chop knocks.

smuth:

Wayoooo...see mumu, so you don't know even ordinary citizens in UK too are subject to money laundering investigations. Now tell me if the UK have found her guilty and sent her to jail...Oya bring that ya big head and collect this kunk.

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Photo: What Oath Was Ojukwu Taking Here? / Olamide Meets Pres Buhari… Then Something Funny Happened / FG Denies Nnamdi Kanu Food, Toiletries In Prison, Wants Him To Denounce Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.