Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

5 Key Strategies To Get Your Song Featured On Blogs - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Key Strategies To Get Your Song Featured On Blogs (417 Views)

Drake Begs To Be Featured In Wizkid's Song Manya Remix (video) / 7 Effective Strategies To Get Your Music Noticed / D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Key Strategies To Get Your Song Featured On Blogs by kombo(m): 9:20am On Nov 14, 2015
Extracted from NaijaBamBam.com

I am going to explain this to you as a blogger that I am, feel free to drop comments if you agree or disagree with this post, so lets start.
It is no more news that the internet is the number one source of content distribution and goto place. As musicians or artistes, it’s your job to form relationships with blogs and bloggers in order to get your music out to the public. The earlier you realize you are competing with lots of talent the better for you to strengthen your relationship with bloggers. Here are five strategies that will help you cut through the competition easily!

ONE – Research Bloggers or Blog Owners

If you want your music featured on top music blogs in Nigeria (a domain I partake in), research the blog owners or at least the guys they employ to do the job. Follow them on Twitter, Instagram. Drop a comment or two… don’t be creepy. Once you can find an easy way of communication, try to establish a relationship based on the work they do on the website; be a genuine fan of what they share. This will be much more impactful than sending your song to music@blahblahblah.com. Once you get in touch with the actual music blogger, let them know that you have been enjoying there work and how much they are impacting in Naija Music

TWO – Compose a Well Constructed Email

It only takes 3 seconds to decide whether a blogger is posting your song or not, first impression they say matters a lot. If a blogger opens your email and sees pidgin English or abbreviations, two things are involved, either he deletes the email right away or spams. Take your time to compose a nice email saying little little, I repeat little things about you and your track. Bloggers don’t want to do research for you. Please as a subject of the mail, put the track title and not things like “Guy Post Immediately”, “Please in the name of God help me”, “I am talented, save my soul”
This is another secret, don’t send bulk email, personalize it. e.g Hello NaijaBamBam. This shows that you took out time to send a mail to NaijaBamBam

THREE – Have a well designed Art Cover

This shouldn’t be a big deal, a couple of creative graphic artistes are out there, no blogger will take shitty image of you and ruin his blog interface, the effort you put in this shows that you really mean business to start with.

FOUR – HAVE A GREAT SONG

Having a great song goes beyond lyrics, have it properly mixed and mastered. Do not record at the corner of your bed with your phone and send to bloggers, we screen to every content.

FIVE – SEND AND FOLLOW UP

Since you have a good relationship, it shouldn’t be hard to follow up with the blogger or blog owner, don’t bug them, don’t be creepy. Above all PRAY

Source: http://naijabambam.com/5-key-strategies-to-get-your-song-featured-on-blogs/
Re: 5 Key Strategies To Get Your Song Featured On Blogs by Etetejake(m): 9:35am On Nov 14, 2015
I luv this and wish I have seen it 3days ago. its not too late sha. my song is dropping tomorrow and I wish to know the next step I need to take. pls advice me more.
Re: 5 Key Strategies To Get Your Song Featured On Blogs by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 14, 2015
Nice piece.
Re: 5 Key Strategies To Get Your Song Featured On Blogs by kombo(m): 4:33pm On Nov 25, 2015
Lalastica

airmark

(1) (Reply)

Tunde Ednut's Jingle Bell 2015 Hit Or Miss / Charlie Dha Rose#redcup# / Gisttv.net Dhales Ft. Base One, Drew, Dtone, Holla - No Taboo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.