Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,157 members, 7,845,814 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

We Are Unsure If Our Son Is Alive- Nnamdi Kanu Parent. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Unsure If Our Son Is Alive- Nnamdi Kanu Parent. (344 Views)

Dead Or Alive, Nnamdi Kanu Has Secured His Place In History- Atiku Abubakar / Nnamdi Kanu : Parent, Lawyer, Supporters Disagree Amongs Themselves / We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Unsure If Our Son Is Alive- Nnamdi Kanu Parent. by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 14, 2015
*say they have been denied access to see him
* Demand his immediate release
By Anayo Okoli
PARENTS of detained promoter of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu have urged the Federal Government to order the release their son from detention.
His father, the monarch of Isiama Afaraukwu in Umuahia North Council Area of Abia State said he was surprised at the prolonged detention of his son.
Nnamdi Kanu
Addressing journalists at his Ome Udo Palace, Eze Israel Kanu, flanked by his wife, Ugoeze Nnenne Kanu, said that they were worried at the ordeal their first son has been passing through.
“I am pleading with the Federal Government to release my son. Let his freedom be restored. I am aware that in Nigeria the Constitution guarantees freedom of speech and freedom of expression.
“I am surprised that my son is being detained. I have been asking why he is being held without getting an answer,” Eze Kanu lamented.
The monarch further lamented that the agony of the family has been compounded due to their inability to have access to the detained activist, noting that they are not sure that he is alive.
“I was confused because my son was coming to see me when he was arrested. When I asked where he was arrested they said Abuja. I sent to confirm his state of health and the report I got is that he is alive, that is why I am able to talk now”.
Eze Kanu however, disclosed that his son, born during the Nigeria-Biafra war, has never discussed his pro-Biafran activism with him, pointing out that he is not the trouble making type.
According to the monarch, “my son is not a trouble maker, and his campaign reflects the mind of the majority of the people in the South East geopolitical zone given the protests that have trailed his arrest and detention.’’
On whether he could influence his son to drop the agitation, Eze Kanu said he could not guarantee that as his son is a full fledged adult.
“My son is an adult and fully matured to be able to express his mind on any issue”.
Nnamdi’s mother, Ugoeze Kanu who also spoke, said that, she wondered why he should be made to suffer for saying the truth.
“The Bible tells us that truth shall set us free. But in Nigeria we are being made to understand that truth is bitter and can even lead to death.
“As a mother, it is painful, I will not deny him, he is my son, but in a democracy I know there is freedom of speech.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/were-unsure-if-nnamdi-kanu-is-alive-parents/

Re: We Are Unsure If Our Son Is Alive- Nnamdi Kanu Parent. by BaddieKay(f): 10:25am On Nov 14, 2015
I still don't understand why this man is still in detention
Re: We Are Unsure If Our Son Is Alive- Nnamdi Kanu Parent. by ERAKAMUS: 10:28am On Nov 14, 2015
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS KATSINA ILLITERATE.
Re: We Are Unsure If Our Son Is Alive- Nnamdi Kanu Parent. by petrov10: 10:35am On Nov 14, 2015
what u get when d president has no regards for laws or court orders

useless old kunu drinking mallam
Re: We Are Unsure If Our Son Is Alive- Nnamdi Kanu Parent. by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:36am On Nov 14, 2015
How do you expect to meet the Federal government of a zoo. Maybe they should meet with the British high commission since they regard them more than the zoo.

btw since he is a full fledged adult, let him bear the consequence of his actions without interference.

(1) (Reply)

#PrayForYola Bomb Blast Kills 32 In Yola Market / BREAKING NEWS: 2 Dead, 7 Arrested After Violent Anti-terror Raid In Paris Suburb / Dis Na Serious Matters For Naija!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.