Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Mourinho Is An Ass - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho Is An Ass (4170 Views)

PIERS Morgan:sacking Of Jose Mourinho Is The Worst Decision In Football History / LOL! Funny Pic: Porto 2 Chelsea 1 And You Say Mourinho Is The Special One / Chelsea Boss Jose Mourinho Is New EPL Record Breaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mourinho Is An Ass by Vieira(m): 9:48am On Oct 16, 2006
Cech is injured and it is a very serious one as well, Hence I can understand that Chelsea's manager would be upset but to insist that it was done on purpose and to be calling for the guy to be punished is foolishness of the highest order.

It was an accident. Simple.

Football is a physical game and sometimes stuff like this happens and it should not be twisted out of context.

No one else believes it was on purpose apart from Murinho, all the analysts say it was accidental.

Why does he always want a scapegoat?

can he not accept that accidents happen?

silly goat.
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by loyika(m): 10:57am On Oct 16, 2006
But Oga V cool

Every manager does that sometimes, even Le Prof goes ballistics sometimes when it is not necessary (like his outburst during the Arsenal/Spud game at Highbury last season).

I just think Maureen was frustrated with the Barca tie coming up, any manger would be. Its just that Maureen makes a habit of it, which it seems you are saying, and in that i agree with you. Anyway Oga V he has a ready made excuse if Barca win. "BLAME IT ON READING!!" grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by Akolawole(m): 11:34am On Oct 16, 2006
Vieira:

Cech is injured and it is a very serious one as well, Hence I can understand that Chelsea's manager would be upset but to insist that it was done on purpose and to be calling for the guy to be punished is foolishness of the highest order.

It was an accident. Simple.

Football is a physical game and sometimes stuff like this happens and it should not be twisted out of context.

No one else believes it was on purpose apart from Murinho, all the analysts say it was accidental.

Why does he always want a scapegoat?

can he not accept that accidents happen?

silly goat.

1) What are you going to say if i call Mr Wenger a Silly goat?

2) Scape goat! even Mr Wenger was complaining last week, Can i call that a Stupid talk?

3) You are into football, you should not let your Arsenalness beclouded you.

4) If you say the second one is an accident, i would have taken that but the first one, i rest my case.

I am definitely waiting for what other Nairaland-Gunners will say.
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by justkunmi(m): 11:38am On Oct 16, 2006
mourinhio is not just an ass, he's a big mouthed stinking ass.  he makes a fuss out of everythin. He's ass is so getting fired by barca. But he has already created an excuse for their impendin loss. he'll say barca won cos he couldn't field his 2 first choice keepers. he mite even blame rikjaard for cech's injury. lol. freakin guy.

ONE UNITED
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by Vieira(m): 11:51am On Oct 16, 2006
Akolawale,

This post was opened using your style of putting up post for managers to be dissed.

You can call wenger all the names you like and it will not bother me.

Bottomline is Wenger is acknowledged as one of the most refined and mannered managers in the world.

And Akolawale are you trying to support the idea that it was not accidental?

If that is the case then I suggest that those Chelsea specs you are wearing have affected your eyesight.

So is that the case, do you think the injury was inflicted on purpose?

Answer that one first, then I will respond in full.
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by loyika(m): 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2006
Oga kola grin

Oga V has a point, you do start up funny threads on other managers especially Wenger, so just live with it when it is dished back.

Secondly Oga JK shocked, i really don't think that is the kind of support Oga Kola wanted cheesy

Oga V keep on my guy, cause Oga kola should learn how it feels when he starts all does Anti Wenger Threads.

I will just be neutral on this one (or play the Devils advocate)

Oga kola please do not quote me oh!! grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by Akolawole(m): 12:49pm On Oct 16, 2006
@Loyika

I don't care if people launch threads on Chelsea or Jose.

What i don't like is all those languages to describe people, maybe  my person don't like it.

Check my post very well, you will never see me calling Arsene other name beside Mr Wenger.

In England, if you call somebody an Ass or Silly goat, you can be electrocuted grin

When you see a grown-up members to be calling anybody any name. I beg
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by Vieira(m): 1:08pm On Oct 16, 2006
Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.

and I was not impressed with the way Jose always looks for someone to blame.

He needs to accept that he cannot control everything in the world and that accidents will happen.

Tell him to learn to be a diplomat like the honourable Wenger.

Sir Wenger is a pinnacle of management that Jose would do well to emulate.
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by dennylove(m): 1:39pm On Oct 16, 2006
You Gunners Fans are just making stupid statemant here, I know that it is Arsenal fans post this topic. Mourinho has History than your so called Arsene Wenger, when we talk of Champions League No room for wenger, but for Mourinho there is room for him.

UEFA CUP WINNERS COACH
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS COACH
PORTUGESS LEAGUE WINNERS COACH
ENGLISH LEAGUE WINNERS COACH

So what are we talking about can wenger achive this.

If you want to be a very good coach dont stay in one place like Sir Alex Ferguson or Wenger, you coach in every league.

Mourinho is unique.

Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by Vieira(m): 1:53pm On Oct 16, 2006
dennylove:

You Gunners Fans are just making stupid statemant here, I know that it is Arsenal fans post this topic. Mourinho has History than your so called Arsene Wenger, when we talk of Champions League No room for wenger, but for Mourinho there is room for him.

UEFA CUP WINNERS COACH
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS COACH
PORTUGESS LEAGUE WINNERS COACH
ENGLISH LEAGUE WINNERS COACH

So what are we talking about can wenger achive this.

If you want to be a very good coach don't stay in one place like Sir Alex Ferguson or Wenger, you coach in every league.

Mourinho is unique.

Please Kola, come and call your boys and educate them.

Tell them to stop embarrassing themselves by showing such lack of knowledge.

This post is a post of someone who started watching football last year.
sad
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by loyika(m): 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2006
Oga kola don't bother;

Oga Dennylove cool, i presume you are on the net somewhere, please just go to google, since i cannot be bothered to respond properly to what you have said, and put in the names Arsene Wenger and click and read all the info that comes out, then do the same with Sir Alex, and then just relax and come back and then make statements that make sense, cause what you just said didn't.

Anyway its like that sometimes, i mean a friend of mine all this while actually thought Micheal Jackson had a child by Billy Jean becuase of the song cheesy, we didn't laugh at him cause we all realised that he was serious, so we all took our time to explain to him that the song wasn't actually refering to anyone in real life. cheesy

This Oga Dennylove is your "billy jean" moment, so you will be forgiven. grin

Take things easy man cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by mochafella(m): 7:11pm On Oct 16, 2006
Vieira:

He needs to accept that he cannot control everything in the world and that accidents will happen.
Tell him to learn to be a diplomat like the honourable Wenger.
Sir Wenger is a pinnacle of management that Jose would do well to emulate.

Erm, I could make that comment in bold about Wenger. He did call some people "joy riders" last week, probably because of the injuries to Eboue, Yunbu Yunbu and Baptista. Yes Mourinho is a whiner but Wenger is no mute either.
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by Akolawole(m): 10:26pm On Oct 16, 2006
mochafella:

Erm, I could make that comment in bold about Wenger. He did call some people "joy riders" last week, probably because of the injuries to Eboue, Yunbu Yunbu and Baptista. Yes Mourinho is a whiner but Wenger is no mute either.

You better dont say anything about Angel wenger. grin

@Dennylove

I never know you to be a true blue.
This thread is not about achievement. Mr wenger is a good coach.

The thread is about yesterday's injury and Jose's frustration, so comment along that line.

One thing is sure, only a very stupid Coach will not be frustrated.

Lets try this holiday resort, i want to invite Lenhman, Reina and Van Der sar to Ibadan for six weeks. What could be the reaction from their Managers?
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by Akolawole(m): 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2006
Vieira:

Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.

and I was not impressed with the way Jose always looks for someone to blame.

1) Tell him to learn to be a diplomat like the honourable Wenger.

2) Sir Wenger is a pinnacle of management that Jose would do well to emulate.

1) Politicians are diplomatic, Genuine people show the way they are.

2) Emulate who? I beg!, maybe you want to mention Baba Alex or even Chris Coleman or adegboye Onigbinde grin
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by Jackal(m): 11:05pm On Oct 16, 2006
Lets forget these mumbo jumbo stories.
Any manager would naturally blow his top after what happened to Petr Cech.
We all know Cech is one of the most important players in Chelsea and his absence on Wednesday is a bad omen for Mourinho.

Close sources from West London reveals Cech's condition is now stable.
Jose and other Chelsea players visited him at the hospital already but we don't know how soon Cech will get back on his feet.
Carlo has been discharged from the hospital since saturday and should be fit enough to man the posts against Barca.
I feel for Chelsea but its been proven that one needs a ton of luck to win UEFA matches. Chelsea is running out of luck already and i hope they can fight for a draw to stay tight in their group.

Its rather unfair to give Mourinho the stick for reacting this way.
Arsene Wenger would have thrown tantrums as well if faced with the same situation.
Alex Ferguson would have run to the Queen to make his claims if any of his important players had been axed the way Cech went down.
We all saw how Rafa Benitez almost cried when he lost Dirk Kuyt to injuries in the international games.
These players are acquired with hard-earned British Pounds.
No manager will smile watching his player face the surgeon's knife and staying out for months on the bench plus deteriorate and lose form for months.
Please, let Jose Mourinho be.
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by Jayceesh(m): 11:09am On Oct 17, 2006
Jackal,

You never cease to amaze me!!! Those who say you have MPD are not far behind.

At times you write like one who deserves a jewel from the Queen's crown (especially when its not about Wenger and Arsenal) but if the case were Arsenal, you are absolutely the worst that humanity can see.

However, as much as you know by now, when there is a reason to comment your very outstanding statements, I will give you that, and this statement of yours surpasses all others you've made.

No matter what happens, no manager (Sir Alex, Arsene, Jose, Rafael) wants to lose his number one GK and they will do more or less than what Jose did !!!!

I just hope Nairaland folks will say things as they are ,  and thats starting from the "acclaimed top" Kola to those of us who just spends time enjoying the arguements as its sure no one will ever win anyway
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by Vieira(m): 12:35pm On Oct 17, 2006
What!!

I totally disagree!!

Wenger would NOT come out and start saying Hunt did it on purpose.

A lot of managers would say they'll wait to see it later on replays.

He is just hotheaded and needs a scapegoat.

Wenger is known for saying he did not see an incident.

He is NOT known for accusing people of trying to hurt others when the player clearly didn't.

Wenger would be upset and I agree any manager would but being upset is different from throwing allegations about.
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by bolaoni(m): 12:54pm On Oct 17, 2006
Oga Viera,

I was browsing BBC Sports on my fone yesternite and saw Wenger's comments on this issue. My mind quickly went to this thread and I decided to share his thought with you on this.

[size=16pt]Wenger fears for keepers' safety[/size]

Arsene Wenger fears a goalkeeper could be killed on the football field unless they are given more protection.

Read more of it from the link below and let us have your take on that

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6057730.stm

cool
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by loyika(m): 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2006
Oga V cool

I totally disagree with you, Wenger would have been livid angry Look at the way he attacked Martin Jol after the game with the spuds AFTER THEIR GOAL, look at the issue against sunderland when Diaby was tackled). Any Manager will be Mad not only Jose

Here thoughts from wenger and our German terminator Jens

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,277-2407127,00.html

and

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=news&article=422365&cpid=703&title=Lehmann+-+Goalkeepers+need+more+respect+and+protection

I will be the first to admit that Jose gives whinig a new meaning but lets be honest "Le Prof" is also a chief whiner himself, he has just met a better match in Maureen grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by Akolawole(m): 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2006
@Bolaoni

Thank you so much for that link.

Dont be suprised, he(Viera) will twist it again, he may even say no be wenger say that.As much as i know(i may be wrong), none of us hold shares in any of these yeye clubs but some people are just "*****"

I cant quote that link myself else they will behead in Nairaland. grin
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by loyika(m): 1:30pm On Oct 17, 2006
Oga kola cool

that was below the belt, a lot of us are financially tied to our clubs, i am a gold member, and pay my dues, its not shares but i have the pivilegde of knowing my money goes a little way in doing stuff, i ain't in England no more so i can't attend matches (even when i was there i wasn't a season ticket holder, but i did attend some matches) Oga V has sent us some pics of the Grove before it was commisioned so either he went there as a visitor or he did some work there and you have no evidence to show that he has not spent his hard earned money in one way or the other to support the club.

My ties with the club run deep, i had a cousin who used to play in the academy, and we all supported him so we had to support the club, unfortunately he couldn't make the cut. Anyway whether you have share or money in a club is not the issue, how many of us had shares in Eyimba when they played in the CL and won twice, but for us Eyimba of aba, became Eyimba of Nigeria.

Fellowship runs beyond financial commitments. For Christ sakes i subscribe to MUTV and Chelsea TV just because i love to watch football from different angles so now i should try and get my money back since i am contributing to your clubs

Anyway to cool the tension let me post a link on how Jens has decided keepers should protect themselves, enjoy folks wink

http://leftback.info/?p=30

cool GOONER 89
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by wormedup(m): 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2006
He had 2 seconds top at the speed he was going and he probably realised at the last second that Cech was not going to spill the ball.

@vieira,
that was ur quote.
i bow for you o o bros smiley
i wonder why u'll post the quote above and start this thread. u'll lose a court case.
if i was ur brother and someone did this to me i can imagine how many people u'd have sent to the hospital by now cheesy grin

now, i'd really suggest u watch the replay of that incident again.
i'd still ask, "what was hunt doing on the ground ?? whatever happened to those little jumps we see players take every now and then to avoid a collision ?? "

ok. i want to believe hunt added a little more wieght and he couldn't trust himself to take a jump.

like u said, he thought cech might drop the ball.
then i'll ask again; at that speed what was he intending to do with the ball if it was eventually dropped ??

" *make a 0.0001sec stop and take a pull-out or take a direct shot at goal* "
that'd definitely be for the guiness book.

i've watch that replay over and over and frankly, why would hunt stoop on an attack with a goalkeeper ?
the only thing he(hunt) didn't do was slide in with his studs !

ok. let's all believe the incident wasn't intentional. but i still would love to know the intention behind that attack.
i mean, could hunt just explain to us what he had behind his mind while making that move ??

i'm old enough to know that i don't do things without an intention and hunt is no kid.
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by Akolawole(m): 4:02pm On Oct 17, 2006
@Wormedup

You have time to explain to Viera sha

His mind is made up.

Imagine, he is even a Coach cry
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by slimnike(m): 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2006
I can't imagine somebody can put up a stupid post like this.Look Viera,I'm not surprised that You are the one doing this,afterall people they call Viera behave stupid.E.g Viera of Inter Milan.Jose is not the first manager to misjudge a situation like that,other manager's do it.Even Chelsea fc came up with a statement saying He was wrong.So,Your calling Him names,is Stupidity. sad sad sad
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by Vieira(m): 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2006
LOL!

I read that article already and no where in it does it say it was intentional!

The article is all about protecting the keepers

what I am talking about is people saying that Hunt did it on purpose.

so how is that article relevant to my argument?

if anything it supports it because the other two examples of keepers getting hurt did not result in the managers shouting that it was intentional did it?

@wormedup, I don't even understand your argument really and I can only suggest that if you play football that you realise that at times you make a decision to make a tackle/run/jump and then realise a bit late that it was the wrong one but can't pull out.

As a player if you pulled out of all challenges very early on (like your 6 secs) you will never make the grade and as a manager I would remove you as a player that is not commited.
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by wormedup(m): 4:24pm On Oct 17, 2006
Vieira,

maybe i should conclude from ur talks that u go about asking ur players to bump into goalkeepers and other players without any aim just to show how committed one can/should be ?

from a coach's point of view maybe u could shed some light on the probable thing hunt could have done with the ball if he had gotten it PLEASE !

don't forget to consider ur post i quoted earlier on.

cheers.
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by slimnike(m): 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2006
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by kitaun(m): 5:12pm On Oct 17, 2006
Story time
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by Hugoboi(m): 5:14pm On Oct 17, 2006
mourinho is an ass, true story!!!
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by slimnike(m): 5:23pm On Oct 17, 2006
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by Vieira(m): 12:04am On Oct 18, 2006
@wormedup, I have asked you if you play football at all, if you did you'd not be asking that question.

Now Murinho is having a go at Reading.

Na wa.

If I call him an ass now, people will jump on me.

I don't remember Shay Given's manager carrying on like this.

i really detest this guy. angry
Re: Mourinho Is An Ass by Akolawole(m): 6:14am On Oct 18, 2006
Vieira:

@wormedup, I have asked you if you play football at all, if you did you'd not be asking that question.

Now Murinho is having a go at Reading.

Na wa.

If I call him an ass now, people will jump on me.

I don't remember Shay Given's manager carrying on like this.

i really detest this guy. angry

We will definitely jump on you if you come here to discredit him UNNECESSARILY or if you come here to MISINFORM honourable members.

Do you remember what Jose says about Steve(Reading's coach) on saturday? Very very good comments.

Jose released a Statement yesterday concerning Ambulance delay at Reading.

For God sake, what is Reading Compare to Chelsea?

Here is the statement :

[b]Speaking on Tuesday afternoon after giving news of Cech’s improved condition, Mourinho stated:

‘My goalkeeper was 30 minutes in the dressing room waiting for an ambulance.

‘The ambulance couldn’t go in the direction of the dressing room. He [Cech] couldn’t leave the dressing room properly and had to go, with the injury he had, in a wheelchair in the lift.

‘He left the stadium 30 minutes after my doctor was calling for an urgent ambulance.

‘If my goalkeeper dies in that dressing room, or in that process, it is something English football has to think about.’

The Chelsea boss explained that the thought of what happened on Saturday evening leaves him emotional.

‘It looks like what I did against Liverpool with ‘shut-up’ is a nightmare,’ he said, referring to his finger-to-lip gesture during the 2005 Carling Cup Final.

‘It looks the player from Man City shows half of his arse for two seconds and it is a big nightmare.

‘But this is a real nightmare! I would like someone to tell me why in this situation my goalkeeper had to wait for 30 minutes for an ambulance.’

[/b]

If this actually happened, there is problem.

This is not acceptable in England, even Rogues who sell drugs in Holloway road or Brixton should not be treated like this let alone a professional player.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Razorr On STV? / World Cup: Uruguay Vs France [0 - 0] On 11th June 2010 / LATEST TRANSFER UPDATES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.