Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

I’m Not An Armed Robber, I Only Diverted My Uncle’s Container To Help My Economy - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I’m Not An Armed Robber, I Only Diverted My Uncle’s Container To Help My Economy (903 Views)

Doctor Fights Policeman Who Called Him An Armed Robber / I Became An Armed Robber To Raise Funds For My Gospel Album - Suspect Confesses / Policeman Enters Inside A Gutter To Kill An Armed Robber In Port-harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not An Armed Robber, I Only Diverted My Uncle’s Container To Help My Economy by Amustical(m): 3:51pm On Nov 14, 2015
At the age of 24, Tochukwu Aka­olisa was not satisfied with what he was able to achieve since he relocated to Lagos in 2009. In his quest to get rich quick, he conspired with three others to divert a container load of electronic goods worth N15million belong­ing to his employer, Mr. Innocent Akaolisa who is also his paternal uncle.

He, however, ran out of luck when op­eratives of Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, Zone 2 police command, Onikan, Lagos, tracked them down and arrested him and three others. Others that were arrested are Nnanna Nwachukwu, Monday Aigbe and Udochukwu Otuosieme.

They were picked up at Ore in Ondo State while they were off loading the goods at the warehouse of their agreed buyer, Seun Samuel who escaped as soon as he learnt of the presence of policemen on his street.

At the police station, Tochukwu admit­ted that he was the mastermind behind the diversion but explained that he was moved to do it because his employer was no longer paying them for their services in his haulage company.

“After my secondary education, I relo­cated to Lagos in search of greener pasture. I started as an apprentice at Alaba market but along the line, my uncle, Chief Innocent allowed me to join him in his company. He is the owner of Appointed Time Haulage Company which is also in Alaba interna­tional market. Our duty is to help offload containers and we agreed that for each con­tainer, we will be paid N1600.

Initially, he was consistent in paying us after work because he was not paying us salary. Suddenly, he changed and some­times will force us to go home emptyhand­ed after the day’s job. I felt bad and kept begging him to pay us our money. It got to a state that the other workers wanted to revolt or start stealing from him but since he is my blood relative, I will beg them to be patient.

“After some months and he continued to shortchange us, I felt bad and decided to find a way out. I started making plans be­cause I wanted to travel out of the country and the girl that I wanted to marry could leave me if I am not fast. A lot of men have started asking for her hand in marriage be­cause she is a good girl. If I don’t pay her bride price they could take her away from me. I discovered that it would be difficult to divert one of the containers,” he said.

On how he perfected it, Tochukwu ex­plained that he duplicated some of the keys of the trucks and waited for an opportunity. “I told some of my colleagues in the com­pany of my plan and they promised to keep quite even if they notice anything abnormal. I also contacted my friend, Nnanna who is based in Aba to come and drive the truck. On September 21, 2015, we loaded a truck load of electronics and since I knew the value, decided that it was time. Meanwhile, someone directed me that as soon as we get to Ore, that it will be very easy to sell the product. As soon as the driver of the truck went out to eat in preparation for the long journey, I alerted Nnanna and he drove off the truck with the duplicate key. We had moved down to Ore and handed over the truck to a buyer. We were waiting for them to bring the agreed sum which was N5mil­lion when the police came and arrested us.

“I am not an armed robber neither have I stolen from anyone in the past. I only did it to help my economy. If my uncle was nice to us, I would never have thought of steal­ing from him. He is my father’s younger brother, so he has no choice but to forgive his nephew. I am very sorry and am con­vinced that my uncle will not send me to jail.”

Nnanna, the driver, in his own statement at the police station, said that he saw it as an opportunity to make quick money. “Tochuk­wu called me that he needed me to drive a truck. I have been out of work and desperate to get something doing. It was when I got to Lagos that I realised that I was invited to divert a truck. Since I knew the true posi­tion, I told Tockukwu that he would pay me N400, 000 or no deal. He initially offered me N50, 000 but when I realised the risk involved, I had to increase the money. We were successful and were waiting for the buyer to bring the money when policemen arrested us. I know it’s a crime but I thank God that the goods were recovered in tact, so the police have no reason to detain me.”

On their arrest, Saturday Sun gathered that police acted on information that a 40ft container load of electronics valued at N15 million loaded at Alaba International mar­ket, Ojo – Lagos and destined for Ilorin, Kwara State, has been diverted to Ore in Ondo State.

The Assistant Inspector General of Po­lice, Zone 2, headquarters, AIG Bala Has­san directed the OC SARS. SP Peter Gana to fish them out at any cost.

A team of policemen led by ASP Wilson Edward swung into action and laid ambush around an uncompleted building at Ore owned by one Samuel Seun still at large where the goods were offloaded.

In the course of interrogation, it was dis­covered that one Tochukwu Akaolisa, the younger brother to one Innocent Akaolisa and the managing director of Appointed Time Haulage company connived with two others in the company—Monday Aigbe and Udochukwu Otuosieme, to divert and sell the goods while the proceed will be shared among them.

In executing the plan, they hired the services of one Nnanna Nwachukwu, a driver from Aba, duplicated the key of the truck with registraion No.AAA378XL that loaded the goods and while the driver of the truck and the conductor went to eat, they stole and went away with the truck and the goods. After offloading the goods at Ore and waiting for a buyer, they drove the truck to Benin bypass and abandoned it there.

Confirming their arrest, Zone 2 spokes­man, CSP Adebowale Lawal assured that the suspect will be charged to court at the end of investigation.

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/im-not-an-armed-robber-i-only-diverted-my-uncles-container-to-help-my-economy-says-this-suspect/
Re: I’m Not An Armed Robber, I Only Diverted My Uncle’s Container To Help My Economy by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 14, 2015
Just checking the names.

Tribal E-war lords, food is ready.

Group of Biafrauds
Re: I’m Not An Armed Robber, I Only Diverted My Uncle’s Container To Help My Economy by politricks: 4:11pm On Nov 14, 2015
Guys it is not good to be checking names. Tochukwu Aka­
olisa, Nnanna Nwachukwu, Monday
Aigbe and Udochukwu Otuosieme
can you see what you have done. We flat heads are known for carrying drugs not diverting containers.
Re: I’m Not An Armed Robber, I Only Diverted My Uncle’s Container To Help My Economy by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
Amustical:

“I am not an armed robber neither have I stolen from anyone in the past. I only did it to help my economy. If my uncle was nice to us, I would never have thought of steal­ing from him. He is my father’s younger brother, so he has no choice but to forgive his nephew. I am very sorry and am con­vinced that my uncle will not send me to jail.”
Okay. Who added this part?
Re: I’m Not An Armed Robber, I Only Diverted My Uncle’s Container To Help My Economy by Amustical(m): 4:36pm On Nov 14, 2015
Maybe you

Pyrrho:
Okay. Who added this part?
Re: I’m Not An Armed Robber, I Only Diverted My Uncle’s Container To Help My Economy by yemmynoni: 5:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
Biafra they must get
Re: I’m Not An Armed Robber, I Only Diverted My Uncle’s Container To Help My Economy by hyfr(m): 5:50pm On Nov 14, 2015
Lol the driver that's thanking God that the goods were found intact so he's going scot free is joking... Harmattan is the worst season to stay in cell..
Re: I’m Not An Armed Robber, I Only Diverted My Uncle’s Container To Help My Economy by Tunami(m): 8:25pm On Nov 14, 2015
in other words his uncle's attitude pushed him into crime, i dnt knw why 80percent of this richmen that are claiming to be responsible men in this country are very wicked, they will have the millions to buy goods bt when it comes to paying the person that is collecting kobo to do the dirty job it will be very hard. This is not abt tribe cox it exists in all tribes in nigeria
Re: I’m Not An Armed Robber, I Only Diverted My Uncle’s Container To Help My Economy by Karlovich: 8:31pm On Nov 14, 2015
Brown roofs, its u peoples turn to feast
Re: I’m Not An Armed Robber, I Only Diverted My Uncle’s Container To Help My Economy by yomi007k(m): 10:23pm On Nov 14, 2015
Tunami:
in other words his uncle's attitude pushed him into crime, i dnt knw why 80percent of this richmen that are claiming to be responsible men in this country are very wicked, they will have the millions to buy goods bt when it comes to paying the person that is collecting kobo to do the dirty job it will be very hard. This is not abt tribe cox it exists in all tribes in nigeria

Wait till u hear d uncle's side of d story before u judge.

Thieves are usually good liars,lazy folks and dey complain a lot.

Meanwhile, his fiancee whom he did ds for will marry some oda dude as she is running outta time. tongue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Was Raped 43,200 Times – Ngozi / People Dey Para: Lagos Trader Lands In Court For Bypassing Electricity Meter / Herdsmen Who Attacked Uzo Uwani In Enugu Has Been Arrested.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.