Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Nelson Mandela’s Widow Meets Chibok Girls’ Parents In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nelson Mandela’s Widow Meets Chibok Girls’ Parents In Lagos (604 Views)

Amina Mohammed Meets Chibok Girls (Photos) / PHOTOS: Released Chibok Girls’ Parents Arrive In Abuja / Part Of Aisha Alhassan's Address To Chibok Girls' Parents (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nelson Mandela’s Widow Meets Chibok Girls’ Parents In Lagos by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 14, 2015
Widow of the late former South African President, Nelson Mandela, Graca Machel met with parents of the missing Chibok schoolgirls in Lagos on Friday during a meeting organised by the Murtala Muhammed Foundation to support the parents as they deal with the trauma caused by the April 14, 2014 abduction of the missing girls. She urged them to remain strong and hopeful.
She said the world has not forgotten about the girls.
Machel, who is a prominent child rights activist, said to the parents.

“I shook hands with all of you and feel what is in your blood… I share the pain with you of not knowing when the girls will come back,” she reportedly told the parents.

She also urged Nigerian and the international community to do more to free the missing girls.
Seventeen of the girls' parents have died since their abduction, the BBC's Umar Elleman reports from the city.
BBC.

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2015/11/mandelas-widow-meets-chibok-girls.html?m=1

Lalasticlala

Re: Nelson Mandela’s Widow Meets Chibok Girls’ Parents In Lagos by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 14, 2015
Re: Nelson Mandela’s Widow Meets Chibok Girls’ Parents In Lagos by DuchessLily(f): 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2015
Their girls are still missing after 1yr and the parents have been turned to celebrities??

What are they doing to bring back our girls? #BringBackOurGirlsJoorr
Re: Nelson Mandela’s Widow Meets Chibok Girls’ Parents In Lagos by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 14, 2015
Mandela's second wife has always made me
uncomfortable idky
Re: Nelson Mandela’s Widow Meets Chibok Girls’ Parents In Lagos by demolinka(m): 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2015
Help will come soon, women. Hold on
Re: Nelson Mandela’s Widow Meets Chibok Girls’ Parents In Lagos by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
Nawa oo!

They are even taking pictures.

Biggest scam in the world
Re: Nelson Mandela’s Widow Meets Chibok Girls’ Parents In Lagos by Bobbystanley(m): 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
Rented mothers.
And why is Madam Oby not there?
The campaign lies are over APC.
You have achieved your aim with Lies, Propaganda and fake promises.
I don't regret not Voting for APC.
Re: Nelson Mandela’s Widow Meets Chibok Girls’ Parents In Lagos by FruityLass: 5:49pm On Nov 14, 2015

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela’s Widow Meets Chibok Girls’ Parents In Lagos by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 14, 2015
MrsPhyno:
Mandela's second wife has always made me
uncomfortable idky

She never won anybody's heart here too. She was just there. Nobody cared/cares about her. People still hoped for a reconciliation with Winnie. Anyone else in his life was irrelevant.
Re: Nelson Mandela’s Widow Meets Chibok Girls’ Parents In Lagos by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 14, 2015
PunkyVeer:

She never won anybody's heart here too. She was just there. Nobody cared/cares about her. People still hoped for a reconciliation with Winnie. Anyone else in his life was irrelevant.
Oh really? That's interesting. I guess it's a personal love life thing and people have the right to be happy and all that ish. Yeah, she's such a nonentity in comparison..... I find it awkward lol.

Is Winnie still alive?
Re: Nelson Mandela’s Widow Meets Chibok Girls’ Parents In Lagos by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 14, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Oh really? That's interesting. I guess it's a personal love life thing and people have the right to be happy and all that ish. Yeah, she's such a nonentity in comparison..... I find it awkward lol.

Is Winnie still alive?

She lacks the charm & charisma the one before her has I guess.

Yes, she's very much alive. Just living her life on the low as of late.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nelson Mandela’s Widow Meets Chibok Girls’ Parents In Lagos by bugzbunny: 6:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
Chibok girls is an Apc propaganda
Someone should tell dat woman not to waste her time

(1) (Reply)

N18.7bn Meant For Teachers’ Salaries Paid Into An Unknown Account / Western "Values" Are The Bane Of Our Present Day Civilization ??? / Why Reviving Nigeria’s Mining Sector Is A Walk Through A Mine Field For Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.