Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? (1030 Views)

Dear Christians, Why Are Developed/educated Countries Leaving Religion? / Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? / Dear Christians, Doesn't The Front Page Prove The Atheists Point? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by nurex01(m): 4:52am On Nov 15, 2015
1. Jesus is god.
2. Jesus is the son of god.
3. Jesus is a Prophet of God.

People say "Jesus is Equal to the Father" ~Philippians 2:5-6.

But Jesus says "The Father is GREATER than I." ~[John 14:28].

People say "God exists as three persons" ~1 John 5:7 KJV.

But Jesus says "The Lord our God is ONE Lord." ~[Mark 12:29].

People say "Jesus is all powerful." ~Colossians 1:17.

But Jesus says "By myself I can do NOTHING." ~[John 5:30].

People say "Jesus is the ONLY son of god" ~John 3:16.

But Jesus says "I ascend to my Father and your Father." ~[John 20:17].

In ~Matthew 13:57, Jesus referred to himself as a "Prophet" of God.

Whose word should we Muslims believe in, people's word or Jesus's word # Jesus(PBUH) Word Of Cause!
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by nurex01(m): 4:55am On Nov 15, 2015
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by RealAdewole(m): 4:56am On Nov 15, 2015
hehehe my brother none is correct because 1. Jesus is God 2. Jesus is Son of God 3. Jesus is more than a prophet
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by RealAdewole(m): 4:57am On Nov 15, 2015
nurex01:
I pray Allah guide d misguided people.
who are the misguilded? I think u are
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by nurex01(m): 5:01am On Nov 15, 2015
But Jesus(pbuh) says my father is greater than Him
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by nurex01(m): 5:03am On Nov 15, 2015
@real... Buh do u know d verse of d bible Quoted? if no go and read
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by nurex01(m): 5:06am On Nov 15, 2015
And my brother Adewole dt is what you people say dt Jesus(pbuh) is God and He says no, He is not God
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by RealAdewole(m): 5:22am On Nov 15, 2015
As you have said you are misguilded you people would just pick some lines in the Bible and be saying what the Bible does not say that is why christians dont read Bible but we meditate on the Bible
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by baski92(m): 5:23am On Nov 15, 2015
Jesus is the son of God.

My reasons

God does not have a literal wife with whom he fathered children. But
he is the Creator of all life. ( Revelation 4:11 ) Therefore, the first
human that God created, Adam, is called a “son of God.” ( Luke 3:38 )
Similarly, the Bible teaches that Jesus was created by God. So Jesus
is also called a “Son of God.”— John 1:49 .
God created Jesus before he created Adam. Regarding Jesus, the
apostle Paul wrote: “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn
of all creation.” ( Colossians 1:15 ) Jesus’ life began long before he was
born in a stable in Bethlehem. In fact, the Bible says that his “origin is
from early times, from the days of time indefinite.” ( Micah 5:2 ) As
God’s firstborn Son, Jesus was a spirit creature in heaven before he
was born as a human on earth. Jesus himself said: “I have come down
from heaven.”— John 6:38; 8:23 .
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by RealAdewole(m): 5:25am On Nov 15, 2015
nurex01:
And my brother Adewole dt is what you people say dt Jesus(pbuh) is God and He says no, He is not God
I dont like arguing but I'm sure you got a Bible over there. kindly meditate on Philippians 2:6 pls dont read it but meditate
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by Gidoka(m): 5:59am On Nov 15, 2015
What a LIFE we LIVE Have you taken note of the CO-INCIDENCE OF LIFE: 1. CHURCH has 6 letters so does MOSQUE. 2. BIBLE has 5 letters so does QURAN. 3. LIFE has 4 letters so does DEAD. 4. HATE has 4 letters, so does LOVE.... 5. ENEMIES has 7, so does FRIENDS. 6. LYING has 5, so does TRUTH. 7. HURT has 4, so does HEAL. 8. NEGATIVE has 8, so does POSITIVE. 9. FAILURE has 7, so does SUCCESS. 10. BELOW has 5, but so does ABOVE. 11. CRY has 3 letters so does JOY. 12. ANGER has 5 so does HAPPY. 13. RIGHT has 5 so does WRONG. 14. RICH has 4 so does POOR. 15. FAIL has 4 so does PASS 16. KNOWLEDGE has 9 so does IGNORANCE. Are they all by Co-incidence? We should Choose wisely, this means LIFE is like a Double-Edged Sword. If u think it is your alarm clock that wake you up every morning, try and put it beside a dead body and you will realise that it is the Grace of God that wakes you up daily. May God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by Gidoka(m): 5:59am On Nov 15, 2015
What a LIFE we LIVE Have you taken note of the CO-INCIDENCE OF LIFE: 1. CHURCH has 6 letters so does MOSQUE. 2. BIBLE has 5 letters so does QURAN. 3. LIFE has 4 letters so does DEAD. 4. HATE has 4 letters, so does LOVE.... 5. ENEMIES has 7, so does FRIENDS. 6. LYING has 5, so does TRUTH. 7. HURT has 4, so does HEAL. 8. NEGATIVE has 8, so does POSITIVE. 9. FAILURE has 7, so does SUCCESS. 10. BELOW has 5, but so does ABOVE. 11. CRY has 3 letters so does JOY. 12. ANGER has 5 so does HAPPY. 13. RIGHT has 5 so does WRONG. 14. RICH has 4 so does POOR. 15. FAIL has 4 so does PASS 16. KNOWLEDGE has 9 so does IGNORANCE. Are they all by Co-incidence? We should Choose wisely, this means LIFE is like a Double-Edged Sword. If u think it is your alarm clock that wake you up every morning, try and put it beside a dead body and you will realise that it is the Grace of God that wakes you up daily. May God bless us all.
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by Nobody: 6:17am On Nov 15, 2015
1 $ 2
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by nurex01(m): 6:19am On Nov 15, 2015
@RealAdewole I don't think you mediate on d verse of d bible coated because u are surely saying d verse of d cry bible contradicts eachother.
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by nurex01(m): 6:20am On Nov 15, 2015
@RealAdewole May God guide us
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by minifuworld: 6:34am On Nov 15, 2015
baski92:
Jesus is the son of God.

My reasons

God does not have a literal wife with whom he fathered children. But
he is the Creator of all life. ( Revelation 4:11 ) Therefore, the first
human that God created, Adam, is called a “son of God.” ( Luke 3:38 )
Similarly, the Bible teaches that Jesus was created by God. So Jesus
is also called a “Son of God.”— John 1:49 .
God created Jesus before he created Adam. Regarding Jesus, the
apostle Paul wrote: “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn
of all creation.” ( Colossians 1:15 ) Jesus’ life began long before he was
born in a stable in Bethlehem. In fact, the Bible says that his “origin is
from early times, from the days of time indefinite.” ( Micah 5:2 ) As
God’s firstborn Son, Jesus was a spirit creature in heaven before he
was born as a human on earth. Jesus himself said: “I have come down
from heaven.”— John 6:38; 8:23 .
let me show you other son of God and firstborn: exodus 4v22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn jeremiah 31v9 They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn. Genesis 6v2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by Richirich713: 6:48am On Nov 15, 2015
nurex01:

1. Jesus is god.
2. Jesus is the son of god.
3. Jesus is a Prophet of God.

People say "Jesus is Equal to the Father" ~Philippians 2:5-6.

People say "God exists as three persons" ~1 John 5:7 KJV.

But Jesus says "The Lord our God is ONE Lord." ~[Mark 12:29].

People say "Jesus is all powerful." ~Colossians 1:17.

But Jesus says "By myself I can do NOTHING." ~[John 5:30].

People say "Jesus is the ONLY son of god" ~John 3:16.

But Jesus says "I ascend to my Father and your Father." ~[John 20:17].

In ~Matthew 13:57, Jesus referred to himself as a "Prophet" of God.

Whose word should we Muslims believe in, people's word or Jesus's word # Jesus(PBUH) Word Of Cause!

And how many passages and paragraphs did u skip to avoid jesus showing he wasn't a muslim.

Hw many verses did u skip where jesus says he is the Son of God?

Hw many verses did u skip where jesus speaks about his crucifixion?

And hw many verses did u skip , where jesus refers to God as his father?
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by baski92(m): 6:57am On Nov 15, 2015
minifuworld:
let me show you other son of God and firstborn: exodus 4v22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn jeremiah 31v9 They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn. Genesis 6v2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.
The term "son of God" is sometimes used in the Old and New
Testaments of the Bible to refer to those with special relationships with
God. In the Old Testament, angels , just and pious men, the
descendants of Seth , and the kings of Israel are all called "sons of
God." In the New Testament, Adam , and, most notably, Jesus
Christ are called "son of God," while followers of Jesus are called,
"sons of God."
In the New Testament, "Son of God" is applied to Jesus on many
occasions. Jesus is declared to be the Son of God on two separate
occasions by a voice speaking from Heaven . Jesus is also explicitly and
implicitly described as the Son of God by himself and by various
individuals who appear in the New Testament. As applied
to Jesus, the term is a reference to his role as the Messiah , the King
chosen by God. Go to church and learn more
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by nurex01(m): 7:03am On Nov 15, 2015
U haven't defend urself against jesus son of God and u are still jumping to cruxification. Cruxification of Jesus is something dt is very clear without doubt, buh a topic coming soon
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by nurex01(m): 7:05am On Nov 15, 2015
Except whom Allah guides, no "ONE" of u wont get it right. Another surprising thing is dt of new Testament and Old Testament. I'm sure few of u have ever seen d original bible b4.
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by baski92(m): 7:11am On Nov 15, 2015
nurex01:
Except whom Allah guides, no "ONE" of u wont get it right. Another surprising thing is dt of new Testament and Old Testament. I'm sure few of u have ever seen d original bible b4.
What are you trying to say
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by Richirich713: 7:11am On Nov 15, 2015
nurex01:

Or are muslims just picking and choosing jesus words?

But Jesus says "The Father is GREATER than I." ~[John 14:28]

1st who is the father?

The 2nd question is, is jesus actually saying "The Father (Allah) is greater than I"

But that wud be false for Allah is a father to no one.

Uhm is this John 14, let me go see wat else jesus says in John 14

Jesus also said this :

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

"Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father

"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it"

Do u really believe in jesus words, all his words?

nurex01:

Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by minifuworld: 7:21am On Nov 15, 2015
baski92:
The term "son of God" is sometimes used in the Old and New
Testaments of the Bible to refer to those with special relationships with
God. In the Old Testament, angels , just and pious men, the
descendants of Seth , and the kings of Israel are all called "sons of
God." In the New Testament, Adam , and, most notably, Jesus
Christ are called "son of God," while followers of Jesus are called,
"sons of God."
In the New Testament, "Son of God" is applied to Jesus on many
occasions. Jesus is declared to be the Son of God on two separate
occasions by a voice speaking from Heaven . Jesus is also explicitly and
implicitly described as the Son of God by himself and by various
individuals who appear in the New Testament. As applied
to Jesus, the term is a reference to his role as the Messiah , the King
chosen by God. Go to church and learn more
I mean firstborn. And pls i want you to give me bible verses when proven a point
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by Dekatron(m): 7:29am On Nov 15, 2015
Nurex01, if you can handpick these passages to attack Christians that Jesus is not God, then the thread that parisbookaddict opened is right. As such, NEVER EVER IN YOUR HYPOCRITICAL LIFE, TELL ME MOHAMMED WASN'T A BARBARIAN and Islam is peaceful.

If you cannot accept Quran orders killing of Infidels, then, NEVER YOU USE BIBLE AGAINST CHRISTIANS.

This shows non of you is right.

THERE IS NO GOD.
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by baski92(m): 7:30am On Nov 15, 2015
minifuworld:
I mean firstborn. And pls i want you to give me bible verses when proven a point
In a letter to the church at Colossae, the Apostle Paul gave
an intriguing description of Jesus. In it, he explained Christ's
relationship to God the Father and to creation. Some have claimed
that Paul’s description of Christ as the first-born of creation means that
Jesus was created -- not eternal, not God. Such a doctrine, however,
conflicts with the rest of the Bible. Christ could not be both Creator and
created; John 1 clearly names Him Creator. Let’s take a careful look
at the passage where Jesus is called the first-born.

Colossians 1:15-21

And He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all
creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and
on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or
authorities — all things have been created by Him and for Him. And
He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. He is also
head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the first-born
from the dead; so that He Himself might come to have first place in
everything. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness
to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself,
having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say,
whether things on earth or things in heaven.
Re: Dear Christians Which Of This Following Statements Is Right??? by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Oct 02, 2023
nurex01:
...• People say "Jesus is the ONLY son of god" ~John 3:16.
• But Jesus says "I ascend to my Father and your Father." ~[John 20:17].
• In ~Matthew 13:57, Jesus referred to himself as a "Prophet" of God.
• Whose word should we Muslims believe in, people's word or Jesus's word # Jesus(PBUH) Word Of Cause!
The problem with your question is that a Muslim is supposed to believe in the Muslim deity who Muslims refer to as Allah who is nothing like the God of Israel spoken of and worshipped by Jesus Christ. So why should a Muslim concern himself with the person of Jesus Christ as presented in Scripture when Jesus Christ worshipped a different God from the Allah of the Muslims? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Understanding God 101: What If Man Made God / List Of Top 10 Men Of God In Nigeria 2015 / Who Were The Nazarenes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.