Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? (23682 Views)

Nigerian Man Says IVF Is Sinful / Sinful Giver Vs Repentant Non Giver.. Who's The Real Christian? / Did you know that Pull Out Game Is Sinful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by whizcartel(m): 10:38am On Nov 15, 2015
serious colonial mentality. the same happened to me. I just had to take it off because of all the bad eyes and bad mouth. I don't believe your hairdo should determine your spirituality or your seriousness with God. it is all just church formality.
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 15, 2015
samseen02:
uniform, asin? in ur quran hw many of your prophets scrape/cut his hair. It was because there was no proper place for them to cut their hair so all of 'em av no choice bt 2 live wit bushy hair. So don't tell me dat any scripture condemns cutting ur hair with the style that suit your head
you can trim you hair, you can keep it.. In any case it must be uniform not having any portion higher than the other. Thanks
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by DikSin(m): 10:46am On Nov 15, 2015
[quote author=handsomeclouds post=40038216][/quote]

Nice try...
But that does not erase the fact that Islam is TeRoR in the word "TeRoRism" & " TeRoRist(s)"

Now get off the internet you little TeRoRist! grin
Form google to yahoo, Facebook to Instagram, Nairaland to Twitter are all "property of the West"... Get it undecided

Dan iska banza
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by stonecoldcafe: 10:54am On Nov 15, 2015
handsomeclouds:
Yes... In Islam, your hair cut should be uniform. Nothing like punk, Obama etc

Op clearly mentioned church in his original post. Don't carry wahala here I beg.
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by Horlufemi(m): 10:54am On Nov 15, 2015
Scenario

You are in a room with 2 people. A priest and an area boy. The officials came in and blindfolded you for 5mins.

And left.

While u were blindfolded, one of them slapped you.

The blindfolds were removed and u where asked. Who do you think slapped you?

Who do u think it was?
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by stonecoldcafe: 10:57am On Nov 15, 2015
anochuko01:
actually, NO, but MODESTY is an hallmark of a true religious person.

Was Samson not religious? Even after he sinned and confessed, didn't God restore and use him again?
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by lordpriso(m): 11:04am On Nov 15, 2015
No bro. Hair style z hair. Not written in d bible.
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by Nicepoker(m): 11:04am On Nov 15, 2015
Op wait till ur kids come bck home with that lizard hair styles tell us how u will react
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by GRACEGLORY: 11:13am On Nov 15, 2015
Vanquay:
So I decided to try a new look and got myself dreads Mohawk some couple of months ago. I have since gotten rid of it but I remembered the three times I went to church, I got looks that could have made you think I was the Devil's Grandson. Why are Christians against dreads? Like it's right there in the Bible Samson had dreads. Sometimes I feel it's colonial mentality worrying all this African churches. Is it because you can't have a white mans straight hair, you decide to cut yours? undecided

It honestly baffles me when certain haircuts are judged as Devilish. Afterall doing things to please the society is a sin itself. So Nairalanders what do you think? Should Christians have only certain haircuts despite the Bible making no reference to it?

P.S: I changed it because I Run Track and play soccer, not the most comfortable of haircuts on a windy training session.

Lalasticlala cum with me make we go Barb Skin tongue

Let's be sincere, if we saw GOD wearing dreads, or, all sides of the head shaved leaving only the middle, all front shaved leaving the back side, galax, or punk (punk means: young male partner of an homosexual, someone worthless et cetra), will you still pick up the bible to read, won't you want to set the book on fire, and say damn christianity. Wont you be disappointed...
We say GOD is our FATHER, dont we agree, well... some say He's Master, well... both FATHER, and Master are to be followed:

Malachi 1:6-A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you...

Does the hair cut or dressing glorify GOD or Honor Him?
we know the truth subconsciously cos they are embedded in our hearts.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 15, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Op clearly mentioned church in his original post. Don't carry wahala here I beg.
What wahala have I caused by sharing a view from another perspective. You are the whala here. Quote me no more
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by FaithDaniel(f): 11:21am On Nov 15, 2015
killercute16:
This world sef don tire me
if you die tomorrow no blame anybody ooo na you talk am
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by LivingEmma1: 11:22am On Nov 15, 2015
psychologist:
Yes God doesn't look at ur outward look
But hey when the Lord changes you inside it gats to reflect outside...
#peace
true talk...
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by killercute16(m): 11:32am On Nov 15, 2015
FaithDaniel:
if you die tomorrow no blame anybody ooo na you talk am
E tire me no mean say i wan die na grin grin ......things can change.
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by Itzjoy(f): 11:40am On Nov 15, 2015
psychologist:
Yes God doesn't look at ur outward look
But hey when the Lord changes you inside it gats to reflect outside...
#peace
Broda u are blessed
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 15, 2015
winner01:
Your conscience will tell you good or bad.

Ur conscience is based on d morals of where u come from.
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by FaithDaniel(f): 11:43am On Nov 15, 2015
killercute16:
E tire me no mean say i wan die na grin grin ......things can change.
loool den u ve to change ur confession, drs powa in our words as a christain you should kw dis are all endtime signs but only in Christ can you find peace, genue nd real peace
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by tartarus(m): 12:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
Africans! Smh your ancestors must be really proud! embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by creepsyme(f): 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
Vanquay:
So I decided to try a new look and got myself dreads Mohawk some couple of months ago. I have since gotten rid of it but I remembered the three times I went to church, I got looks that could have made you think I was the Devil's Grandson. Why are Christians against dreads? Like it's right there in the Bible Samson had dreads. Sometimes I feel it's colonial mentality worrying all this African churches. Is it because you can't have a white mans straight hair, you decide to cut yours? undecided

It honestly baffles me when certain haircuts are judged as Devilish. Afterall doing things to please the society is a sin itself. So Nairalanders what do you think? Should Christians have only certain haircuts despite the Bible making no reference to it?

P.S: I changed it because I Run Track and play soccer, not the most comfortable of haircuts on a windy training session.

Lalasticlala cum with me make we go Barb Skin tongue
“But there is a spirit in man: and the
inspiration of the Almighty giveth them
understanding.” Job 32:8.
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by teejaypee: 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
There Is a place in Leviticus our pastor read to us one time like that.. can't really recall.. it was smtn like don't barb the edges of your hair or smtn
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by kings09(m): 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
Yes thr is. Wen u ur haircut spells d word SINFUL. grin
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by joel4422: 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
Win!!! Win!!! Win!!! We bless God for a successful winning on
our weekend game. It's been great all the way, here
is our won ticket for the weekend fixed match.
I congratulate all my new and old subscribers winning for
the first time, now you can testify that fixed matches exist.
Straight up to our next fixed game which comes up on
wednesday. I encourage you all join our winning this
midweek and our games will be available with odds ranging
from 130 odds and 935 odds.
Interested subscribers should inbox me on facebook now or
add me up on whatsapp on:08032557731or call me now on
08032557731Your winning is always our priority. Stay
bless!!!

Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by mart2k(m): 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nothing like sinful cut, it is human imagination
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by killercute16(m): 1:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
FaithDaniel:
loool den u ve to change ur confession, drs powa in our words as a christain you should kw dis are all endtime signs but only in Christ can you find peace, genue nd real peace
Yea....thankssmiley
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
Haven't u see American pastors with dread?
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by ify84(m): 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
If you have been fully crucified with HIM... U won't be asking this question.. . Same with all those who are still asking if trouser, tattoo, bleaching, etc... are for Born Again.
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
Well, what else can I say but a mad man's ranting makes more sense than this post undecided
creepsyme:
“But there is a spirit in man: and the
inspiration of the Almighty giveth them
understanding.” Job 32:8.
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
Well, I was talking about Christianity not Islam so your post is invalid undecided
handsomeclouds:
Yes... In Islam, your hair cut should be uniform. Nothing like punk, Obama etc
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by kelzgie44: 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2015
Bsc:
We go know when kumuyi barb galaxy!

Wah u insinuating? angry
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by EKELEONU(m): 3:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
"Let you moderation be known to all men"
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by amparas(m): 3:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
Pple must talk na dem get their mouth. All u need to do is just ignore
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
lilmax:
Only if your church is against it
Why should they be against it in the first place
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by vicnairaland: 4:18pm On Nov 15, 2015
My friend Yes there is Sinful Haircut if you call it so. You know like the word says ' You wear a Haircut ' so you see its something you wear just like someone wearing a cloth that is out of phase with a real christian disposition. You cut the hair in a way that its designed to suit your desire and check were that desire comes from, definitely it's an influence. Trust me a negative influence. Also check out the personality that wears those haircuts most of them are not real christians. Just celebrities, religious people that go to church to hide from their meanness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prophecy! Prophecy!! Prophecy!!! / Chris Kwakpovwe, Church Ordered To Pay N9m To Member Who Lost 7 Teeth At Crusade / Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.