Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi (1802 Views)

Ohaneze Ndigbo Dissociates Itself From Biafra, Says Biafra Died In 1970 / Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi / Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by shidof(m): 6:48am On Nov 15, 2015
Igwe Alex Nwokedi, Press Secretary to the Head of State during the military regime of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, is the sitting Uthokoneze and paramount ruler of Achalla Kingdom, Anambra State. The 79-year-old former Chairman, Anambra State Council of Traditional Rulers and erstwhile Chairman, Eastern Nigerian Traditional Rulers Forum, spoke to Sunday Vanguard on the calls for Biafra and threat of secession by Afenifere among other things.
What is your perspective on the brewing agitation for Biafra in your part of the country?
General Yakubu Gowon, in one of his published interviews, spoke well when he said he was surprised that people could be talking about Biafra over 40 years after the matter had been resolved. Owelle Rochas Okorocha, a respected governor of the people, of course, has also spoken like a patriotic Nigeria when he counselled that Igbo should stop hating other Nigerians. That comment credited to him gives a good perspective on the Igbo people of this country. Igbo people are loving people but we should talk about what unites us than talking about what divides us.
I have read a lot about the so-called agitation for Biafra and I even read something about people who said they wanted to secede from Nigeria and become Oduduwa country. Biafra and Afenifere are no threat to the unity of Nigeria.
So, as far as I am concerned, we should talk more about what unites us than what divides us. I am more concerned about the need to develop all the regions of Nigeria. I am concerned about the need for government both at federal and state levels to collaborate and bring physical development to all parts of the country. It is sad, for instance, that Enugu-Awka-Onitsha Road is not motorable.
As a matter of fact, when I was coming to Lagos, I drove through the old road to link the airport and that road, so narrow with narrow bridge, is very dangerous. I have read so much about how contractors handling that road complained that they have been owed for over three years, a situation they said had led to the retrenchment of many of their workers including the expatriates and that they were now considering folding up. I appeal to the Federal Government to look into the issue and come to the aid of the people of that area by paying the money owed the construction company so that they can fix the road in good time. The road facilitates the movement of goods into and out of the South-East to other parts of Nigeria and, if properly fixed, falling and breaking down of vehicles plying the road will stop and, also, it will boost the economy of the nation from that axis.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/sorry-biafra-died-over-40-years-ago-igwe-alex-nwokedi/
Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by shidof(m): 6:48am On Nov 15, 2015
If an igwe can say this, even if ol dose jobless mofos protest for d nxt century. It will still remains a wasted time and energy cos Biafra is impossible.

Rev Fr. Mbaka says pro Biafra protests ‘evil’
November 14, 2015 at 8:54 pm in News.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/rev-fr-mbaka-says-pro-biafra-protests-is-evil/

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by lanrehamd: 6:49am On Nov 15, 2015
Igwe has spoken oooo. Let the house rat tell the bush rat.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by kingdompropty: 6:53am On Nov 15, 2015
The thing about a movement is that up until the time of Independence many will keep doubting.

They said Buhari will never be president up until election night.

The youth have spoken, Ndigbo have spoken. Leave the 1%.

3 Likes

Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by Icon4s(m): 6:54am On Nov 15, 2015
These are words from true Igbo leaders not dat opportunist called Nnamdi Kanu and his myopic low life followers.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by handie(m): 6:54am On Nov 15, 2015
Igwe abeg tell them.

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by Icon4s(m): 6:57am On Nov 15, 2015
kingdompropty:
The thing about a movement is that up until the time of Independence many will keep doubting.

They said Buhari will never be president up until election night.

The youth have spoken, Ndigbo have spoken. Leave the 1%.

My friend speak for urself. Majority of Ndigbo are nt in supporting of this embarassment u people are calling a movement.

3 Likes

Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by kettykin: 7:04am On Nov 15, 2015
Icon4s:

My friend speak for urself. Majority of Ndigbo are nt in supporting of this embarassment u people are calling a movement.

I think this whole thing should be subjected to a referendum rather than the open denials and arguments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by EternalTruths: 7:11am On Nov 15, 2015
shidof:
If an igwe can say this, even if ol dose jobless mofos protest for d nxt century. It will still remains a wasted time and energy cos Biafra is impossible.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/rev-fr-mbaka-says-pro-biafra-protests-is-evil/

Not all Jew left Egypt with Moses

cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by palladin: 7:14am On Nov 15, 2015
He is a "yoloba" man.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:26am On Nov 15, 2015
what these new agitators don't knw is that: before a peace agreement was reached, there will be clauses in the agreement. I can bet my hairy black asss that part of it will be a dead Biafra because the igbos, then, were eager for the war to end since Ojukwu don carry the money, hold Bianca for hand go abijah dey flenjur...

4 Likes

Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by shidof(m): 7:28am On Nov 15, 2015
EternalTruths:

cool
u said so
Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 15, 2015
Igwe, Biafra has resurrected to die no more. Are you sacred?

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 15, 2015
EternalTruths:

cool

Exactly o!
The new war against Biafra won't be fought with bulets but with lies, propaganda, bribery of certain influential people to brainwash and distort history.
Its time for all the wolves in sheep clothing to be exposed
#BiafraTheLitmusTest
Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 15, 2015
Icon4s:

on the day of referendum, even this Igwe will vote for Biafra.

Many of these people are only scared. They love 8iafra deep down their hearts.

Who in his right senses will love Nigeria: a curse to the black race?
A creation of slave traders.

Anybody supporting Nigeria must be wicked, selfish and evil or must have lost their dignity as Africans.

Long Live Biafra.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by patrick89(m): 7:52am On Nov 15, 2015
most of writers are empty!
did you know that some people were born in 1966,1967,68,69 and 70? they all had biafra birth certificate! Because they were born in biafra hospital! some of them were smuggled outside nigeria! and they have been going about with the certificate! and to them, they are not nigerian and rightfully so! so what will tell these kind of people Mr writer? you senseless slowpoke should stop already, no amount of epistle will change my mind on biafra because, I'm more than concerned that my Ajebota children in next 50years will face fiery children from north where in every 1 igbo man there is 2000 hausafulani! that's so much to contend with.. I will never be part of that union!! they said black people do not plan more than 1 year! no I'm planning more than 50years!

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by Icon4s(m): 8:14am On Nov 15, 2015
noblezone:

on the day of referendum, even this Igwe will vote for Biafra.

Many of these people are only scared. They love 8iafra deep down their hearts.

Who in his right senses will love Nigeria: a curse to the black race?
A creation of slave traders.

Anybody supporting Nigeria must be wicked, selfish and evil or must have lost their dignity as Africans.

Long Live Biafra.

Emmm...u are still including d SS in ur dream Biafra? cos i am sure u know if a referendum is carried out including d SS u already know d possible outcome.However, if u chose to make ur dream Biafra only d landlocked SE, u may get ur Biafra but that country eh only God go save person.

But, a referendum is nt gotten on a platter of Gold. There is no situation now that will warant d UN granting any part of Nigeria a referendum. Infact, d middle-belt of Nigeria even has more reason to want to secede than d SE.

Last bullet: Anybody hu is chanting for Biafra now, is selfish, Lazy, hopeless, myopic & wicked!

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 15, 2015
shidof:

Biafra is certain. The only question is wen?

45 years on, the igbos are still being marginalized n the world Biafra on d lips of tens of millions of Nigerians. It never died, it never will.

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 15, 2015
He spoke for himself and himself only!
Biafra is alive, and very much so.

I refuse to be part of Islamic State of Nigeria.
What has he got to say about Nigerians practicing Sharia law but not supporting Biafrans to have Freedom & Democracy?

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by patrick89(m): 8:31am On Nov 15, 2015
chuna1985:

45 years on, the igbos are still being marginalized n the world Biafra on d lips of tens of millions of Nigerians. It never died, it never will.
they don't understand! the discussion they have been avoiding is now on the national TV!

lol it will dominate our media till biafra comes!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by shidof(m): 11:25am On Nov 15, 2015
chuna1985:

k, it's dt question wen dt spoilt everything
Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by shidof(m): 11:31am On Nov 15, 2015
patrick89:
most of writers are empty!
did you know that some people were born in 1966,1967,68,69 and 70? they all had biafra birth certificate! Because they were born in biafra hospital! some of them were smuggled outside nigeria! and they have been going about with the certificate! and to them, they are not nigerian and rightfully so! so what will tell these kind of people Mr writer? you senseless slowpoke should stop already, no amount of epistle will change my mind on biafra because, I'm more than concerned that my Ajebota children in next 50years will face fiery children from north where in every 1 igbo man there is 2000 hausafulani! that's so much to contend with.. I will never be part of that union!! they said black people do not plan more than 1 year! no I'm planning more than 50years!
Wat's dis one saying? SMH...
Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by shidof(m): 11:33am On Nov 15, 2015
Icon4s:

Emmm...u are still including d SS in ur dream Biafra? cos i am sure u know if a referendum is carried out including d SS u already know d possible outcome.However, if u chose to make ur dream Biafra only d landlocked SE, u may get ur Biafra but that country eh only God go save person.

But, a referendum is nt gotten on a platter of Gold. There is no situation now that will warant d UN granting any part of Nigeria a referendum. Infact, d middle-belt of Nigeria even has more reason to want to secede than d SE.

Last bullet: Anybody hu is chanting for Biafra now, is selfish, Lazy, hopeless, myopic & wicked!

I dn't see d SS following dt Biafra of a tin. I'm in a SS state now and dere's notin lyk Biafra agitation or movement here. They only needs d SS cos of dere oil not b'cos of love.
Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by omenka(m): 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
Where is that illiterate IPOD scumscrubber that calls himself phockphockman when you need his rant??
Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2015
Icon4s:

If majority of Igbos aren't in support of IPOB many of your kind won't be running helter-skelter. You and your cohorts would have at least sponsor protests in those cities where IPOB youths held peaceful demonstrations.

Cease fooling yourselves and your backers. The earlier you relay back to them that your mission was DOA the better.
Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by Abagworo(m): 1:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
Thats the position of all well informed Igbos. IPOB is a conglomeration of failures.
Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by PhockPhockMan: 2:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
omenka:
Where is that illiterate IPOD scumscrubber that calls himself phockphockman when you need his rant??
Even the founding fathers of this hole knows that it not workable.

Keep deceiving yourself.

Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by PhockPhockMan: 2:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
Abagworo:
Thats the position of all well informed Igbos. IPOB is a conglomeration of failures.
Yeah, they're the 5% PresiDIOT Buhari talked about.
Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by ishiamu(m): 2:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
Kingofdemon come and see what igwes in your state said about the biafra u want n love grin cheesy
Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by Icon4s(m): 2:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
xtrorse:

If majority of Igbos aren't in support of IPOB many of your kind won't be running helter-skelter. You and your cohorts would have at least sponsor protests in those cities where IPOB youths held peaceful demonstrations.

Cease fooling yourselves and your backers. The earlier you relay back to them that your mission was DOA the better.

I will not be a party to any protest. Those deluded youths don't understand that agitating for Biafra is not a solution to their problems.

Biafra is nt the solution to our problems in Aligbo.
Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by omenka(m): 3:42pm On Nov 15, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Even the founding fathers of this hole knows that it not workable.

Keep deceiving yourself.
Just a couple of lines yet this idiotic IPOD scrumscrubber murders english language from the beginning to the very end. He never disappoints.

You are a disgrace to your parents.
Re: Sorry, Biafra Died Over 40 Years Ago — Igwe Alex Nwokedi by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
Icon4s:

I dont know where you saw SS in my post.
Many of us hardcore biafrans prefer a or Igbo state so we can manage our nation easily.
We prefer Biafra and ND Republic to exist side by side.
However, if you guys love Nigeria, you can remain with them,

(1) (2) (Reply)

13yr Zuriel Who Interviewed Buhari In USA Speaks At Pan Atlantic University(Pics / Photo: Nigeria Born British MP Chuka Umunna Said "Yes I Do" Today / Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.