Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,269 members, 7,829,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration (3171 Views)

LG Election: Lagos Govt. Announces Restriction Of Movement / Bruce Warns Buhari: Don’t Waste 2017 Blaming Previous Administration / Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan, Says Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by SpaceTour: 7:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
Ekoile, I don't know why you have chosen to be silly all the time. What you posted was when the project was not even completed yet. Below is the true state of Anambra University Teaching Hospital and it is one of the most beautiful and well equipped nationwide. Stop feeling bad that your own state Osun is now an IDP camp..LOL

aresa:
This is Anambra state university teaching hospital built and left by peter obi...

1 Like

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by CharlyNick: 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
IbokUtoroh:
iya iya, da atiedie? Ku uyadesit, nkere ke ado mbong idiok itong ami...

cheesy cheesy mfana ibaha o........ Mkpo Abadie
Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by Yeske2(m): 7:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
The Debt Management Office(DMO) said Anambra state has one of the lowest debt profile but how these silly eediots got this is still a mystery

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
angry blaming past government? already having an excuse for failure.
Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by aresa: 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
SpaceTour:
Ekoile, I don't know why you have chosen to be silly all the time. What you posted was when the project was not even completed yet. Below is the true state of Anambra University Teaching Hospital and it is one of the most beautiful and well equipped nationwide. Stop feeling bad that your own state Osun is now an IDP camp..LOL

Ode, it was not completed, but they tied commissioning ribbon around it and the roof is already falling off. grin

Now please tell us even if it wasn't completed, how do you get emergency ambulance into that building to drop off sick patients? They have to jump over the gutter to get to the emergency entrance? grin

Who designed the building? Peter Obi or some kabukabu village architect? grin

Why post some irrelevant picture instead of posting pictures of the same building I posted after completion... grin

you are not smart, you really are slow... grin
Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by SpaceTour: 8:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
I don't have time for a village osun man like you, at least you have seen my own pictures now compare and contrast.

[s]
aresa:

Ode, it was not completed, but they tied commissioning ribbon around it and the roof is already falling off. grin

Now please tell us even if it wasn't completed, how do you get emergency ambulance into that building to drop off sick patients? They have to jump over the gutter to get to the emergency entrance? grin

Who designed the building? Peter Obi or some kabukabu village architect? grin

Why post some irrelevant picture instead of posting pictures of the same building I posted after completion... grin

you are not smart, you really are slow... grin
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by aresa: 8:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
[s]
SpaceTour:
I don't have time for a village osun man like you, at least you have seen my own pictures now compare and contrast.

[/s]

Long story short, you can not show us the picture of the same building I posted or put your money where akpu breath mouth is...

Losergrin
Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by aresa: 8:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
While Anambra State’s current foreign debt is $25.3million (N3.8billion), its domestic debts profile including[b] arrears owed serving and retired workforce of some State parastatals such as Anambra State Broadcasting Service, Anambra State Water Corporation, Anambra State Newspaper Company, publishers of the National Light Newspaper, etc run into billions of naira as at September 2012.[/b] Though the State is one of the least locally and externally indebted States in Nigeria, its current local loan profile is largely shrouded in secrecy.

http://nigeriamasterweb.com/blog/index.php/2012/10/01/at-52-nigeria-celebrates-wobbles-fumbles-with-huge-debts-corruption-etc

That was shortly before Obiano enter office..

And why even shroud the state's debt burden in secrecy?

Obviously to be able to support the lies about debt free and financial prudence when in fact that wasn't the case...
Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
Cuche:

What I don't know is if the figure of 185 billion naira is a true reflection of the debt status of the contracts Obi hurriedly entered just before the end of his tenure.
I had expected Obiano to debunk that N75 Billion naira claim immediately on assumption of office but his sense of Judgement was be clouded by his gratitude to Obi for installing him Governor. Most of us knew from day one that there was no element of truth in that claim of leaving behind N75 Billion when the total cost of the contracts he entered into just from the 2013 budget alone was very close to that amount and he didn't pay upto 30% of the contracts to the contractors. Others were backlogs of uncompleted contracts from the previous years littered all over the state which Obiano chose to complete, these were liabilities.

The bottom line is that Anambra did not take loans from banks as most States under Peter Obi which is commendable especially when he was not really interested in the infrastructural development. Had he taken bank loans the money may still not be accounted for
That was so naïve of him.
Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by aresa: 9:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
Cuche:

What I don't know is if the figure of 185 billion naira is a true reflection of the debt status of the contracts Obi hurriedly entered just before the end of his tenure.
I had expected Obiano to debunk that N75 Billion naira claim immediately on assumption of office but his sense of Judgement was be clouded by his gratitude to Obi for installing him Governor. Most of us knew from day one that there was no element of truth in that claim of leaving behind N75 Billion when the total cost of the contracts he entered into just from the 2013 budget alone was very close to that amount and he didn't pay upto 30% of the contracts to the contractors. Others were backlogs of uncompleted contracts from the previous years littered all over the state which Obiano chose to complete, these were liabilities.

The bottom line is that Anambra did not take loans from banks as most States under Peter Obi which is commendable especially when he was not really interested in the infrastructural development. Had he taken bank loans the money may still not be accounted for

Anambra too loans just like any other state in Nigeria.
Re: Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration by Dosinspector(m): 10:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
Obiano is going down 4 real,the drunk has spent all obi's savings and start talking trash

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finally! Buhari Takes On Ifeanyi Ubah's Offer! / MKO Abiola, Sani Abacha And Bola Tinubu Throwback Photo / Breaking! I Never Said I Will Continue My Rest--buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.