Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

The World And Nigerians' Hypocrisy On The Paris Attack. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The World And Nigerians' Hypocrisy On The Paris Attack. (968 Views)

President Buhari Has Signed The Paris Agreement (photo) / Okonjo-Iweala Pictured At The Paris Climate Change / Wike's Tweet After The Cancellation And Nigerians' Mixed Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World And Nigerians' Hypocrisy On The Paris Attack. by Precious91(m): 5:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
The whole world stood still on friday night when news flashes started moving moving round with news of the ISIS attack in France.Since then so many things have been done to support France/Paris.
I am not against supporting Paris,but what am against is the hyprocrisy that is displayed by the world.I am apalled by how everyone in the world started showing solidarity for Paris.Isn't that hyprocrisy?You see Nigerians saying pray for Paris,have you ever shared pray for Nigeria with the numerous attacks the most populous black nation has gotten from Boko Haram?People are being killed in their hundreds every week in my country,has there being times prayers were raised for Nigeria by other countries?Did Facebook do anything about the over 200 Chibok girls that were kidnapped?Now they are telling me to turn my facebook profile picture to France's flag.
I am against the wantom killings,but also against the hyprpcrisy of the world to African cause and hyprocrisy of Africans themeselves.
#GodBlessNigeria.
#GodBlessParis.
#GodBlessHumanity.
Precious91
Lalasticalala
Re: The World And Nigerians' Hypocrisy On The Paris Attack. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
I'm very nervous now. Dont want Nigeria to be known with terrorism

[img]http://1.bp..com/-QIx8PfYg6_U/VfAZjP1x8nI/AAAAAAAATyQ/LLQWBVjCAWc/s1600/drinking-vodka.gif[/img]
Re: The World And Nigerians' Hypocrisy On The Paris Attack. by lekejob(m): 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
You are wright. God bless Nigeria
Re: The World And Nigerians' Hypocrisy On The Paris Attack. by DuchessLily(f): 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
OP u r on point
Re: The World And Nigerians' Hypocrisy On The Paris Attack. by 4stylz: 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
Rubbish; Africa is a war ground, our leaders don't put things in place for security and violence became a normal thing in Africa.. France hardly gets this kind of attack... blame our leaders/dictators and leave France jeje alone cos I am praying for them as well
Re: The World And Nigerians' Hypocrisy On The Paris Attack. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
@Precious91, I think we need to understand that the basis for the uproar and support for France stems from the fact that the attack was extremely shocking. It is shocking because that sort of event don't happen frequently in first world nations. France is a country where accountability is held in high degree. In France, there are security measures that preempt and check mate security breaches like this. When that security is breached and to a massive degree like this, it becomes not only surprising but to a large extent somewhat unbelievable. Hence the massive global attention it is receiving. In Nigeria and Africa on the other hand, security is treated and handled with levity in the most obvious and glaring manner. Even in the face of major security breach, African governments (including Nigeria) most of the time remain clueless. So when a bomb is detonated and people killed, it is not shocking as the possibility of it occurring in the first instance was there. And the frequency and with ease with which it happens provides a sort of psychology indifference to the horrific event such that whenever it happens people are hardly profoundly moved.

That is the unfortunate truth. I hope you and others will understand this.
Re: The World And Nigerians' Hypocrisy On The Paris Attack. by Idrismusty97(m): 6:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
Western Medias controls everything including our emotions, The world does only what the media tell them to. The Biafra agitation would have been much popular and fruitful if only the west and their medias is on they sides of the agitators. I don't know how we got to this stage but we are now robots waiting for commands from the western medias, They even tell us who to pity.
Re: The World And Nigerians' Hypocrisy On The Paris Attack. by inimitkel(m): 11:59pm On Nov 15, 2015
Yea vry true attacks like this seldom occurs in first world nations hence the reason for the uproar worldwide that's cos of the fortified security measures put in place as against the african(NGR) attack prone firewall!
Re: The World And Nigerians' Hypocrisy On The Paris Attack. by Precious91(m): 10:05am On Apr 21, 2017
@Precious91, I think we need to understand that the basis for the uproar and support for France stems from the fact that the attack was extremely shocking. It is shocking because that sort of event don't happen frequently in first world nations. France is a country where accountability is held in high degree. In France, there are security measures that preempt and check mate security breaches like this. When that security is breached and to a massive degree like this, it becomes not only surprising but to a large extent somewhat unbelievable. Hence the massive global attention it is receiving. In Nigeria and Africa on the other hand, security is treated and handled with levity in the most obvious and glaring manner. Even in the face of major security breach, African governments (including Nigeria) most of the time remain clueless. So when a bomb is detonated and people killed, it is not shocking as the possibility of it occurring in the first instance was there. And the frequency and with ease with which it happens provides a sort of psychology indifference to the horrific event such that whenever it happens people are hardly profoundly moved.

That is the unfortunate truth. I hope you and others will understand this.
you are right,but that doesn't understate the fact that Nigerians too should be neglected.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: The Quest For National Unity And The Biafra Question / Igbos Have The Right To Clamour For Self Determination-orji Uzor Kalu / Shiites Protest In Lafia,Nasarawa Over El-Zakzaky Detention & Zaria Killing(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.