Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

When Will Nigerians Stop Shouting 'UP NEPA' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Nigerians Stop Shouting 'UP NEPA' (543 Views)

Nigerians No Longer Shouting Recession – Amaechi / Omokri: Osinbajo Outshines Buhari, Will Nigerians Want To Go Back To PMB? / Killing People While Shouting Allahu Akbar Is Not Islam – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Nigerians Stop Shouting 'UP NEPA' by LOC1(m): 8:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
The Nigeria power industry is yet to live up to its expectation from the inception of it operations. Electricity distribution in Nigeria is still a much talked about issue among all social classes in the country. As it affect the poor who are unable to afford other means of providing this form of energy for themselves, so it does to the average person as well as the rich who out of their quest for comfort have exploited other options. The commonest option which is the gasoline generator requires extra money to buy fuel and servicing of this machine. However, there is this phrase that has overtime been passed from one lineage to the other despite the fact that the institution with the sole responsibility of providing electricity for Nigerians has changed it name on various occassions in the last decade, Nigerians are much more accustomed to the name NEPA.
Nevertheless, my reason for bringing up this issue as a matter of discusses is; Nigerians, despite the untold hardship, insecurity, unemployment, loss of person-hour and under-industrialization amongst others that they have undergone due to the epileptic power supply in the country still chant UP NEPA! whenever light is restored. One thing to note is that most Nigerians say this phrase like it is a reflex action. I can recall vividly well on an occassion where light was restored after a week of power outage, the whole of my street went on an UP NEPA euphoria for over five minutes. Truth is, Nigerians forget the hardship the absence of electrcity caused them in seconds while they chant this phrase. Hence, despite the fact that the current administration has stepped up its operations on power supply yet, this chanting is nowhere close to going oblivion. As it is chanted by the poor, so it is shouted by the rich, young and old. My question today is 'When will Nigerians stop shouting UP NEPA'?
by: Oki Collins
Re: When Will Nigerians Stop Shouting 'UP NEPA' by Zambux(f): 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
Wen LOC 1 will turn to LOC 2
Re: When Will Nigerians Stop Shouting 'UP NEPA' by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
Ifa says I shud tell u that. He has told Fashola when nigerians ll stop shouting "Up nepa"

Ifashola has d ans so ask him when u see him
Re: When Will Nigerians Stop Shouting 'UP NEPA' by Eleniyan15: 9:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
when we all die or

when the CHANGE IS CHANGE FULLY

sai Bua
sai BABA
Re: When Will Nigerians Stop Shouting 'UP NEPA' by osesology(m): 9:33pm On Nov 15, 2015
When we finally have stable power supply I believe.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Third World War Looms As Global Terrorism Spreads / Tinubu Did Not Kill Prince Audu – Okorocha / 「강북건마-김포건마」「 밤전 」 B Ам Wа R 8 쫌 컴 대전건마 - 강남수기마사지

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.