Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,741 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Picture Of Yams Harvested By My Dad From One Ridge At His Backyard Today - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Picture Of Yams Harvested By My Dad From One Ridge At His Backyard Today (1237 Views)

Photo Of The Longest Yam In Nigeria Harvested In Delta State / Photos Of Harvested Giant Size Cucumbers By YEN President, Benue State Chapter / The 4 In 1 Yam A Nairalander Harvested From Her Backyard (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture Of Yams Harvested By My Dad From One Ridge At His Backyard Today by walexy1(m): 9:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
My Popman happens to have considered Agriculture as an hobby, though he works with one of these new generation banks. He plants several things at his backyard, ranging from Yam, Corn, vegetables etc He showed me some of the things he planted when I came home today.
I was really surprised seeing the yam he harvested from only one ridge (which yorubas call Ebe), and this really shows that if everyone could just get involved in Agriculture, things would be much easier.

See the harvested yams below

Re: Picture Of Yams Harvested By My Dad From One Ridge At His Backyard Today by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
Lalasticlala do justice

we need more farmers to boost agriculture sector in Nigeria. South west land is green.
Re: Picture Of Yams Harvested By My Dad From One Ridge At His Backyard Today by FruityLass: 10:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
Peasant or commercial
Farming is farming....
The soil is sure good for yam planting.

Farming is family's hobby.
Backyard full of plantain trees, different vegetables, pepper, tomatoes, even lil cocoas smiley

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Yams Harvested By My Dad From One Ridge At His Backyard Today by flokii: 12:07am On Nov 16, 2015
end time yam
Re: Picture Of Yams Harvested By My Dad From One Ridge At His Backyard Today by Pavore9: 1:43am On Nov 16, 2015
No matter how small, the joy of eating this yam can never be compared to the one bought in the market!!
Re: Picture Of Yams Harvested By My Dad From One Ridge At His Backyard Today by walexy1(m): 2:42am On Nov 16, 2015
The joy of eating this yam ehhh, seriously. The yam was even prepared the same night and pounded yam with nice egusi soup with chicken was prepared. I was just happy eating the pounded yam because the yam emanated from the backyard of the house.
Even the chicken that was used for the egusi soup was from the small poultry he has.

And in addition to the yam plantation, he planted plantains, bananas, 2 coconut trees already yielding big and delicious coconuts and lots of different varieties of vegetables. Seriously, I just told him, "Dad, this is awesome". You wouldn't believe how the neighbours reacted on sighting the yams alone, they were just longerthroating for the yams. Lol

I am also thinking of doing something similar ; grin cos it seems it is the right thing and funful thing to do, eating the things you planted yourself, please let's all embrace Agriculture no matter how small.

E se, thank you!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Success Guide To Rice Milling By Self / Pls I Need Info Of How I Can Get Seafood Directly From Fisher Men / Catfish Farming I Need Advise On The Feeding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.