Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

How Do I Learn How To Build Mobile Apps? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Learn How To Build Mobile Apps? (2677 Views)

Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? / Build Mobile Apps For Yourself And Clients Without Coding Or Technical Skill / Coming Soon...how To Build Mobile Apps Without Programming Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Learn How To Build Mobile Apps? by funkyprof: 2:00am On Nov 16, 2015
Good day Everyone,

Pls I would like to learn how to build and develop mobile apps but I do not know how to go about learning it (like which good computer schools in Lagos teach it or which good tutorials to start learning from.)

I am a newbie as I am not really proficient in any programming language but I have had a feel for programming by doing qbasic, dbase, sql server 2000 and lotus some years back while growing up.

I know they all out dated now and wud be appreciate any useful advice that you can help me with.

Preferably, I wud like to start with learning how to build and develop android apps.

Thanks for your help in advance and stay blessed
Re: How Do I Learn How To Build Mobile Apps? by Merlissa(f): 2:47am On Nov 16, 2015
Google is your best friend
Re: How Do I Learn How To Build Mobile Apps? by empowerdex(m): 10:51am On Nov 16, 2015
Look for a phonegap tutorial
Re: How Do I Learn How To Build Mobile Apps? by pumpindkay(m): 5:16pm On Nov 17, 2015
Reply with your whatsapp number
Re: How Do I Learn How To Build Mobile Apps? by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
first things first. go learn a programming language... c...c++...java...or python
Re: How Do I Learn How To Build Mobile Apps? by funkyprof: 3:32am On Nov 18, 2015
pinkyruledworld:
first things first. go learn a programming language... c...c++...java...or python

Thanks for your advice
Re: How Do I Learn How To Build Mobile Apps? by DonaldGenes(m): 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
funkyprof:

Thanks for your advice

where do you stay?
Re: How Do I Learn How To Build Mobile Apps? by funkyprof: 3:55am On Nov 19, 2015
DonaldGenes:

where do you stay?

Currently, I stay at Okota, Lagos. Why do you ask?
Re: How Do I Learn How To Build Mobile Apps? by BekBek(m): 11:40pm On Nov 19, 2015
I feel it would be best to learn how to build web apps then moving to mobile will be easy.

Start with HTML 5 , CSS3 and JS.

Then learn bootstrap and phonegap.

With that you build something nice.

For mobile compilers, you can use Intel Xdk. With the languages above you can use it.

When you are quite proficient in that you can learn Java or C# or C++

But I would recommend C++ because it's fun

Anyway make sure you make Google your best friend.

For any other thing, you are always welcome to ask questions here.

Have fun developing angry
Re: How Do I Learn How To Build Mobile Apps? by internetpope(m): 4:19pm On Nov 20, 2015
You took these words right out of my head bekbek I swear. cheesy

I was about to type the exact same advice.

funkyprof. This is the best advice you can ever get and the best way to start learning app programming.
You can search Google for videos and tutorials of what bekbek mentioned. i.e. HTML5, CSS3, etc. and learn from there.

SideNote: My company is currently organising a training on Developing mobile Apps. Our Ads been running on Nairaland for a while. If you want the one-on-one practical, alll the help, support and networking with other students you can ever get then you can holla at us. our office is in Surulere, Lag and training is every Saturday.

see www.mobileapps.siscomedia.com.ng for testimonials, pictures and more details.

BekBek:
I feel it would be best to learn how to build web apps then moving to mobile will be easy.
For mobile compilers, you can use Intel Xdk. With the languages above you can use it.

funkyprof:
Good day Everyone,

Pls I would like to learn how to build and develop mobile apps but I do not know how to go about learning it (like which good computer schools in Lagos teach it or which good tutorials to start learning from.)

I am a newbie as I am not really proficient in any programming language but I have had a feel for programming by doing qbasic, dbase, sql server 2000 and lotus some years back while growing up.

I know they all out dated now and wud be appreciate any useful advice that you can help me with.

Preferably, I wud like to start with learning how to build and develop android apps.

Thanks for your help in advance and stay blessed
Re: How Do I Learn How To Build Mobile Apps? by BekBek(m): 7:11pm On Nov 20, 2015
Uhmm I am just here to help and learn
Re: How Do I Learn How To Build Mobile Apps? by rayval(m): 7:59am On Nov 21, 2015
Join nigeria developers community....nigeriadevelopers.com
Re: How Do I Learn How To Build Mobile Apps? by funkyprof: 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2015
BekBek:

Thanks a million for ur advice

1 Like

Re: How Do I Learn How To Build Mobile Apps? by ArjunS: 6:43am On Jun 14, 2017
One way of building your own app is to learn some or the other programming languages that includes HTML5, C#, Buildfirejs, python, swift and the list goes on and on. It will obviously take up good chunk of your daily time and depending on your skills you will be ready by 3 or 6 months time.
On the other hand if you are not that a big fan of coding and wish to create an app within shorter time like a day or a fortnight then there are some cool platforms that will help you such as Appinventor, Thunkable, appypie and lots more. Well in this case you may have to compromise with the features that you can get in the app and also the customizability.
And if you want best of both the worlds then you need to spend some dime and lets the experts in the field of app making handle it. There are again a bunch of companies that can build you an awesome app relatively quicker. Google a app maker company and you will get a long list of companies.
Here is an interesting read regarding the same go through it:https://www.kiwibox.com/arjunsingh9990/blog/entry/140394069

(1) (Reply)

My Joomla Menu Links Are Not Working / Escrow Payment Services In Nigeria Can Help Freelance Programmers Get More Deals / The Fail-safe Way For You To Become A Good Computer Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.