Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election (1858 Views)

Presidency Denies Favouring North, Muslims In Appointments / Presidency Denies Rift Between Buhari, Tinubu / Presidency Denies Zahra Buhari's Twitter Account, Says It Has Been Compromised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by DONSMITH123(m): 7:13am On Nov 16, 2015
The Presidency has denied claims by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that the All Progressives Congress (APC), the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and some security forces are planning to rig the governorship election in Kogi State.
The national publicity secretary of the PDP, Chief Olisa Metuh in a statement yesterday accused the APC of holding clandestine meetings to rig the election.
However, in a statement from the Presidency yesterday, it said “the President called the meeting cited by the PDP to warn in particular, the INEC and the Police to do prepare and give the nation a credible election. He said he expected nothing short of a free, fair and credible election.”
The statement quoted the President Muhammadu Buhari has having “suffered election manipulation in 2003, 2007 and 2011 and will not like to have any Nigerian go through that again.”
He warned against the intimidation of voters in anyway and vowed that he was prepared to move with all the force available to him against anyone who undermines the rights of any citizen.
“The meeting was short and straight to the point. It ended after five minutes,” the statement explained.
The president also asked the VP if he had anything to say and Prof Yemi Osinbajo added nothing.
The statement noted that Nigerians should be wary of the PDP’s fruitless attempts to destroy national institutions President Buhari is determined to rebuild.
“They started with the courts, then the EFCC, then onto the Police and now they are on the one-week old INEC. When will PDP allow our national institutions to do their job?” the statement noted.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/presidency-denies-plot-to-rig-kogi-election/119567.html

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 16, 2015
Nigerians re watching.
I'm watching in 3D

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by SmithEnemona(m): 7:19am On Nov 16, 2015
PDP will not stop making noise.

mtchew

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by oluwaSmith1(f): 7:20am On Nov 16, 2015
Metuh the chief wailer grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by OnankpaBa(m): 7:22am On Nov 16, 2015
“They started with the courts, then the EFCC, then onto the Police and now they are on the one-week old INEC. When will PDP allow our national institutions to do their job?”

They are still nursing their loss..

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by zinachidi(m): 7:24am On Nov 16, 2015
all these blame games are becoming boring..
Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by DONSMITH123(m): 7:24am On Nov 16, 2015
OnankpaBa:
“They started with the courts, then the EFCC, then onto the Police and now they are on the one-week old INEC. When will PDP allow our national institutions to do their job?”

They are still nursing their loss..

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by OnankpaBa(m): 7:25am On Nov 16, 2015
zinachidi:
all these blame games are becoming boring..

PDP has lost its glory and value. all they do now is to trade blame.

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by PassingShot(m): 7:26am On Nov 16, 2015
I so trust PMB not to engage in rigging.

Besides, if there is a party in the whole world that deserves to experience the bitter taste of rigging, it is PDP. That party was so used to rigging that they rigged elections they could have won without rigging.

Useless party.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by gwales: 7:27am On Nov 16, 2015
The electoral defeat they experienced still linger
Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by ishiamu(m): 7:39am On Nov 16, 2015
Buhari is evil. I will take jihadi john than buhari
P.s. Buhari is a forking terrorist
Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by Aufbauh(m): 7:39am On Nov 16, 2015
APC should not blame Metuh and his co-travellers knowing fully well that electoral shock is more dangerous than an electric shock.

Their senseless and needless criticism is a product of hallucination from the hangover of defeat.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by palladin: 7:50am On Nov 16, 2015
PassingShot:

Besides, if there is a party in the whole world that deserves to experience the bitter taste of rigging, it is PDP. That party was so used to rigging that they rigged elections they could have won without rigging.

Useless party.

You took the words out if my mouth.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by DONSMITH123(m): 7:55am On Nov 16, 2015
ishiamu:

check yourself before calling your president evil

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by SirSmithHarry(m): 7:55am On Nov 16, 2015
grin grin
Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by OnankpaBa(m): 7:57am On Nov 16, 2015
Aufbauh:
APC should not blame Metuh and his co-travellers knowing fully well that electoral shock is more dangerous than an electric shock.

Their senseless and needless criticism is a product of hallucination from the hangover of defeat.

God bless you my guy. May your tea never lack milk.

PDP to me is dead and buried. they should wait till next 16 years

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by OnankpaBa(m): 7:57am On Nov 16, 2015
ishiamu:

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by Tunami(m): 8:00am On Nov 16, 2015
i dont believe in what what the presidency is saying cox i dont trust polithiefcians atal.
Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:00am On Nov 16, 2015
PassingShot:

Useless party.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by OnankpaBa(m): 8:03am On Nov 16, 2015
Tunami:
i dont believe in what what the presidency is saying cox i dont trust polithiefcians atal.

The statement quoted the President Muhammadu Buhari has having “suffered election manipulation in 2003, 2007 and 2011 and will not like to have any Nigerian go through that again.”

PMB is a man of principle.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by OnankpaBa(m): 8:04am On Nov 16, 2015
lalasticlala
Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by SmithEnemona(m): 8:07am On Nov 16, 2015
OnankpaBa:

God bless you my guy. May your tea never lack milk.

PDP to me is dead and buried. they should wait till next 16 years

you mean shot by APC/Amaechi? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by Tunami(m): 8:15am On Nov 16, 2015
OnankpaBa:

PMB is a man of principle.
na people like you dem fit deceive no be me
Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by OnankpaBa(m): 8:17am On Nov 16, 2015
Tunami:
na people like you dem fit deceive no be me

guy forget being deceived here. What has PDP achieved in their 16 years of power.

When we are talking about rigging, give it to PDP. Why are they crying now? Coz APC is now in power?

i dey laugh in spanish grin grin grin

which of the PDP are we even talking about here? The one begging us to forgive them for their 16 years failure?

mtchew.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by Tunami(m): 8:20am On Nov 16, 2015
OnankpaBa:

guy forget being deceived here. What has PDP achieved in their 16 years of power.

When we are talking about rigging, give it to PDP. Why are they crying now? Coz APC is now in power?

my brother we are talking abt change here. Are u going forward or backward?
Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by OnankpaBa(m): 8:22am On Nov 16, 2015
Tunami:
my brother we are talking abt change here. Are u going forward or backward?

you've not answered my question. which of the PDP are we talking about ? The one begging us to forgive them for their 16 years failure?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by Sanuzi(m): 8:23am On Nov 16, 2015
good
DONSMITH123:
The Presidency has denied claims by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that the All Progressives Congress (APC), the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and some security forces are planning to rig the governorship election in Kogi State.
The national publicity secretary of the PDP, Chief Olisa Metuh in a statement yesterday accused the APC of holding clandestine meetings to rig the election.
However, in a statement from the Presidency yesterday, it said “the President called the meeting cited by the PDP to warn in particular, the INEC and the Police to do prepare and give the nation a credible election. He said he expected nothing short of a free, fair and credible election.”
He warned against the intimidation of voters in anyway and vowed that he was prepared to move with all the force available to him against anyone who undermines the rights of any citizen.
“The meeting was short and straight to the point. It ended after five minutes,” the statement explained.
The president also asked the VP if he had anything to say and Prof Yemi Osinbajo added nothing.
The statement noted that Nigerians should be wary of the PDP’s fruitless attempts to destroy national institutions President Buhari is determined to rebuild.
“They started with the courts, then the EFCC, then onto the Police and now they are on the one-week old INEC. When will PDP allow our national institutions to do their job?” the statement noted.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/presidency-denies-plot-to-rig-kogi-election/119567.html
Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by DONSMITH123(m): 8:27am On Nov 16, 2015
OnankpaBa:

which of the PDP are we even talking about here? The one begging us to forgive them for their 16 years failure?

mtchew.

am sure is the one begging nigerian for forgiveness and fielding Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by OnankpaBa(m): 8:28am On Nov 16, 2015
DONSMITH123:

am sure is the one begging nigerian for forgiveness and fielding Jonathan.

confused party grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by Tunami(m): 8:37am On Nov 16, 2015
OnankpaBa:

you've not answered my question. which of the PDP are we talking about ? The one begging us to forgive them for their 16 years failure?

mr man the topic is about paving way for free nd fair election and not abt pdp begging nigerians for their 16yrs failure
Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by OnankpaBa(m): 8:41am On Nov 16, 2015
Tunami:
mr man the topic is about paving way for free nd fair election and not abt pdp begging nigerians for their 16yrs failure

Ahahahahahah...running away from truth.

Re: Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election by DONSMITH123(m): 8:45am On Nov 16, 2015
OnankpaBa:

confused party grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Kidnapped Nigerian Soldiers Are Of South East And South South Extraction / Why Gov. Dickson May Not Win Bayelsa Election – Olufemi Aduwo / Boko Haram: EU Donates $50 Million To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.